FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What are Google Ads?

MistaKiula
So what are Google Ads? I heard you can make some cents for a click if you put it on your website. How does it work? How do i get it? Any pro's/con's? Are they the 'best' ads? (dunno if thats a question) Is there any that pays more?
boringest
google ads are what you see above!

they are contextual links i.e. they 'read' your page and decides to put which ads which is most relevant to your ads.

1st you apply to google and if you get approved you'll get the codes to put up the ads on your website. Limited to max of 3 ad units and 1 ad link unit per page.

I heard that chitika pays more but it's pretty new, so just be careful 'cos they might just close down anytime...and all your efforts might goto waste.
MistaKiula
Hmm.. lol the first question was dumb x.x i KNOW what google ads are..

More questions!
- What do I have to do for google to accept me?
- How much do google pay per click?
- What's chitika's website?
boringest
MistaKiula wrote:
Hmm.. lol the first question was dumb x.x i KNOW what google ads are..

More questions!
- What do I have to do for google to accept me?
- How much do google pay per click?
- What's chitika's website?

1. go register at www.google.com/adsense and send in your site for review...could be easier to be accepted if you sign up for a blogspot account - I'm not sure about this yet.

2. It differs can range from a few cents to a few dollars per click depending on what's the topic of ur website

3. www.chitika.com - you need quite alot of traffic (>500 hits a day) to be successful for this i think.
MistaKiula
Thansk a lot! Btw, do I have to get certain traffics for google too?
digibluez
I heard that google is not paying for the clicks like it says.As i heard that,i am not useing it anymore.AS far i know,the users wont click on them anyway.Most expericend know what theya re for and wont click it,the ones who have no idea what they are for may click it.I have seenw esbites that use only google ads and nothing eslse,Darn scammers and cheaters.
MistaKiula
Wow.. thanks for sharing.. good thing I didn't get it yet. (No host, No website.. lol)
Rimfire
If you have a nice informative website running and you don't charge the users to view your information that you have graciously been giving them for free, they will most likely click on the ads at least once a day to help support your site. Sort of like the "Paypal Donate" you see on some. Bottom line is, if people appreciate the information, or articles you are posting on your site, they will have no problem helping out. I also heard that "Yahoo Domains" ad in Adsense pays up to $90 USD per click! Shocked Shocked
bluffmango
90 bucks is hell ov a lot ov money man .... it cant b possible
cwc3
Rimfire wrote:
If you have a nice informative website running and you don't charge the users to view your information that you have graciously been giving them for free, they will most likely click on the ads at least once a day to help support your site. Sort of like the "Paypal Donate" you see on some. Bottom line is, if people appreciate the information, or articles you are posting on your site, they will have no problem helping out. I also heard that "Yahoo Domains" ad in Adsense pays up to $90 USD per click! Shocked Shocked

Imagen what even larger sites are getting paid. I have a cousin who is making a living off of google adsense. He gets paid about $130+ a day. Times that by 30 and you got yourself a decent salary.

Google ROCKS!!
MistaKiula
Dude are u joking? lol.. u gotta have a really good site and visitors that are willing to support you.
LostOverThere
Has anyone tried Google Ads, how much money have you made in a month? Question
php_wizard_l33t
Wow 130+ bucks a day.. I could get my own apartment! And I wouldnt even have to work for it! LOL

*60th Post and counting!*
Fastro
google ads are good, although i havent got them yet.
its so hard to believe that they are profitable, but they just are.

but for example i dont usually click on ads, or if i do that, i dont buy anything. in "real" life, i live with small amount of money.

i think capitalism sucks. thoúgh im capitalist too.

maybe im only ungle scrooge.

but google ads, they are good also because they ad things which are related to your website. and google isnt irritatind company and ads are esthethical.
m_furquan36
how the hell r they supposed to SEND us the dough? WHat if ur in a country like Pakistan or Afghanistan or sumthing Confused Is it profitable to put up a site with ohh soo minimum hits, like lets say 4 hits/wekk or sumthing, so does it depend on the clicks one makes on the ad that you get the money or is it strictly limited to views one makes on your page? Ive seen these ads EVRYWHERE around the web, theyre quite sleek if ya ask me,!!! But ive RARELY clicked on one, i wonder how ne one else might do it!
gamo
MistaKiula wrote:
So what are Google Ads? I heard you can make some cents for a click if you put it on your website. How does it work? How do i get it? Any pro's/con's? Are they the 'best' ads? (dunno if thats a question) Is there any that pays more?

Ok ! this is a form of a online advertisement offered by Google. Google will pay a sum of money for someone who put google 's ad banner to their website. The money will count depend on how many people visited your site or how many people click on the ad. For more infomation, you could register an account at Google Adsence.
digibluez
ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Google has taken over the INTERNET wiht all those ads.Its not just to get money,it brings money to Google,you get less compared to them.
And all things are for us sites anway,as i would take lot of time to get that check from them.And i dont trust such things.I dont use it anymore,i do have an account wiht $20 bucks in it.All i can say is I HATE ADS.They all over ,even in som nice websites.Geez google ads all over.

I understand you may need help to keep your site up but dont up them up till you get a decent count ofvisitors and a communit ygoing on or it will just scare away experienced users.
warriordude
lol i have google ads on my website
i have about 3000 vistitors every month
in 1 month i get about 5 USD
smart19
to warriordude

where is your site?
can i have a look?
supjapscrapper
warriordude wrote:
lol i have google ads on my website
i have about 3000 vistitors every month
in 1 month i get about 5 USD

well I've been thinkig a lot about putting google ads on my website think I'd get lots of dough .... but it seems not Very Happy

What's you website dude?
leodv
Google sure is rich. Too bad i do not have a great idea for a site that will attract traffic to my site. If not i'm sure that i will register for adsense.