FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Symbolic?

chastise

Well, I just drew this piece today since I was so tempted to use my new pencil set.
The whole point of this girl wearing a paper-bag was to represent
society's shallow outlook on women through symbolic means.
Comments and crtique are welcomed.

EDIT: Here is the original for those who are interested.
prole
Nice drawing. I find the two different stockings especially interesting. You could do something about the arms though, like having a pose or make the hands touch the floor/support body etc., instead of them being covered. I think that'd be more lively for the whole picture.

Anyway, must be nice new pencil set. Smile
chastise
prole wrote:
Nice drawing. I find the two different stockings especially interesting. You could do something about the arms though, like having a pose or make the hands touch the floor/support body etc., instead of them being covered. I think that'd be more lively for the whole picture.

Anyway, must be nice new pencil set. Smile

Yeah, I was going to make the girl's arms crossed over her legs but it was kind of hard to draw the hands so I scrapped that idea. Thanks for the comment though. Smile
Aimewitue
nice illustration <3 i love it
Sipe
Beautyful!
jordi
Hmmm.. It isn't bad, but is isn't great Razz
I give it an 6.5 Wink
chastise
Yay, people are acutally looking at it. I never knew my thread was still on the first page. ^^"
KatanaSky
That is actually really really good - i like how you've incorporated the message and all. Great job!
tidruG
Ah, it definitely does get your point across.
However, I must ask... Beauty is shallow. Whether you find it in a face or in a body, isn't it more important to be "beautiful inside" (using a term that's probably a cliche of a cliche)?
albusa
i like your draw man, its very cool i like the way you put that bag on her face, but i dont finish to understand why you write Faceless, i thoug it was sufficient the idea of the bag without the text
chastise
Yes, it is more important to be beautiful inside. Thus the reason for the paper bag. In my opinion, women might as well wear paper bags. Because ninety-percent of the humans out there will judge you automatically for what you look like. I wrote "Faceless" just for the sake of it, though now I wish I didn't. The original, however does not have the word written across it. Thank you for your comment though. I will now commense on scanning it again and leave it how it was originally. Smile

albusa wrote:
i like your draw man, its very cool i like the way you put that bag on her face, but i dont finish to understand why you write Faceless, i thoug it was sufficient the idea of the bag without the text
Flakky
Fun thing you had 2 different stockings. Good job on the picture Smile
DeadxDusk
Interesting concept.
Just a tip about the pose Wink It looks kind of weird. Maybe it's the fact the arms aren't shown and the sitting position.
alcatar
love tha sketch! damn i wish i could draw like that let alone stay in the lines lol. well you're really good and stick with it.