FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL Server

YellowShadow
I was wondering whats the address to the mysql server? I want to a database in an application I'm making.

Thanks.
mathiaus
If the script is on Frihost, use localhost.
YellowShadow
No its not. It is an application I am coding in Visual Basic and it will run on users computers. I need to access the database because it will hold the users account info such as username and password. So if anyone could tell me the server address for my account that would be great Smile
m-productions
I think this thread may be of some help

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-48147.html

this is from mathiaus
Quote:

Create the database the same way as normal but afterwards go to your mysql page (DA -> MySQL Management), click on your database (eg. mathiaus_externaldb), at the top of the page you should have information on users for the database, underneath are hosts (localhost should currently be present) fill in the empty field underneath then click on 'Add Host'. Then add the IP of the server you want to use or a wildcard % for anyone. Smile

and use frih.net as the address.
YellowShadow
Thank you Smile

This will help me a lot.
YellowShadow
m-productions wrote:
I think this thread may be of some help

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-48147.html

this is from mathiaus
Quote:

Create the database the same way as normal but afterwards go to your mysql page (DA -> MySQL Management), click on your database (eg. mathiaus_externaldb), at the top of the page you should have information on users for the database, underneath are hosts (localhost should currently be present) fill in the empty field underneath then click on 'Add Host'. Then add the IP of the server you want to use or a wildcard % for anyone. Smile

and use frih.net as the address.

One question though my application is gonna be like Steam so do I put in the development system's ip or what?
m-productions
no you place % which is a wildcard for any IP
swizzy
try 216.32.68.254 in place of localhost...