FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I delete anything?

Molle
Hey. Om my FTP program, SmartFTP, I've noticed many different folders and that kind of stuff. I was just wondering if I can delete any of them, cause I think they are kind of anoying sometimes.
Here are the different folders:

domains
imap
mail
public_html
.bash_logout
.bash_profile
.bashrc
.shadow
m-productions
no you cant, you need all of those, for example, MAIL is for.. your mail. DOMAINS is where your site really is located in, PUBLIC_HTML there is a shortcut to allow you to get to where you need to place all your files. You do know, you place all your files in PUBLIC_HTML right? once in there, you will not see any folders that you dont want to.
tidruG
No, do not delete any of these folders. They are the required folders.
Whatever website you have created, upload it into the public_html folder.
For instance, if you make a folder called "myfolder" in the public_html folder, then this will be available to your website visitors as "yoursubdomain.frih.net/myfolder/"
mathiaus
To avoid as many problems as possible, DON'T delete anything unless you know what it is, and that it's ok to remove.
Daniel15
Quote:
domains
imap
mail
public_html
.bash_logout
.bash_profile
.bashrc
.shadow

domains - Your domains (your .frih.net subdomain as well as any other domains you're using)
imap and mail - Used for emails
public_html - A shortcut to domains/[yourdomain].frih.net/public_html/
.shadow - I'd assume it's for password stuff, but not too sure.

.bash_logout, .bash_profile and .bashrc are all related to shell access, using "bash" as the shell. Since FriHost members do not get SSH access, it should be safe to delete these files. However, I'd keep them just in case (they're very small anyways) Smile