FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any shampoo recommendations?

KatanaSky
I have got a pretty sensitive scalp so I'm trying to find different types of shampoo that won't irritate it. Like when I had dandruff - I tried head and shoulders and it got WORSE and when I tried Sunsel Blue it got even more worse it came to the point I had to go the emergency because my head was oozing! (You think that's gross, you can't imagine how I felt!)

Some shampoos that work for me pretty well:

Paul Mitchell
Herbal Essence
Dove
Aussie
Baby shampoo Smile

What shampoo do you use (major plus if you know any that are specially made for those with sensitive scalp!)

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
heartbeat
hello You should try making shampoo out of Soap Nuts from the japanese Saponina tree , you can order it from naturkinda http://naturkinda.com/novidades_nozes.html
it is very easy you only need to boil them in water. Also you may use an alloe vera shampoo or CosLys (a french organic shampoo) you may also whash your hair with fresh alloe vera and some fruits which I cant remember now but maybe you could search the internet for fruit shampoo or shampoo made of fruits something like that. You should use organic products always and run from s. Lauryl. sulfate (SLS) you find it in most shampoo ingredient listS!! It can generate cancer as it has particules so small and hard that cant be expelled by our body.
Hope it helped and Good luck! and dont worry so much! Smile
bharath_neo
i also have a sensitive scalp...use head and shoulders scalp care conditioner...it works!!!
brilliantbeauty
well, my scalp is pretty tolerant to just about anything (including handsoap, i was desperate at the time) so I can't really reccomend anything for that. But is far as shampoo goes, I always shampoo and condition seperately. But I don't repeat. Seriously, total waste. Anyway, I like:

Pantene Pro-V (they have shampoos for all different hairtypes and looks)
Garnier Fructis
Chalchihuitlicue
Seconding Garnier Fructis. I've found it to be the best for my hair, and I buy it whenever I can afford it (it's only about $3 each for the shampoo and conditioner, but when you're a poor art student, sometimes you can't afford that). I really like that they have different formulas for different kinds and lengths of hair. My hair is really long, so I like being able to buy a shampoo specifically meant to keep long hair strong and shiny.
meet in rio
LUSH has a load of great products. I think there's one shampoo bar called 'snake oil' which sounds about right for you. I think they also have this weird hair mask for dandruff.

I just use Head & Shoukders and then finish with a yummy-smelling conditioner. The best conditioner I've ever tried was this weird oily stuff from Pantene. My friend bought it in Saudi Arabia, though, and I've never seen it on the shelves here.
Molle
If you really want to get great hair, don't buy inexpensive hair products. Go to a professional hair-saloon, and they will find you some great shampoos and that kind of stuff. Cool
newbie101
KatanaSky wrote:
I have got a pretty sensitive scalp so I'm trying to find different types of shampoo that won't irritate it. Like when I had dandruff - I tried head and shoulders and it got WORSE and when I tried Sunsel Blue it got even more worse it came to the point I had to go the emergency because my head was oozing! (You think that's gross, you can't imagine how I felt!)

Some shampoos that work for me pretty well:

Paul Mitchell
Herbal Essence
Dove
Aussie
Baby shampoo Smile

What shampoo do you use (major plus if you know any that are specially made for those with sensitive scalp!)

Thanks in advance! Very Happy

i m a undergraduate thou but know quite mcuh about medicine esp. of scalp as i too suffer from from dandruff.

the follwing are best thinsg to help it
1) dont change things which u aply every now and then
2) use antidandruff shmpoos like contanig nizoral--ketaconazole
3) after dandruff is bit controlled,,use nourishing shampoos like garnier products which strengthen hair
Drawingguy
Is there seriously something called snake oil? I would think that any cosmetics group would shy away from that stigma, but hey- I can't sense sarcasm over the internet.

Anyway, there was some 'teatree' shampoo in my house, so I decided to use it, mainly because it smelled like lemons. It worked for me, and I've found that my hair dries out pretty quickly with some shampoos- so if you can find it, you might want to try it out. On another note, what is meant by lather, rinse, repeat? Do they want you to shampoo twice in a shower, or do they just mean that through the weeks of washing your hair, you should repeat using the shampoo?
Alowyn
I'm a sucker for great smelling products Embarassed I tend to shop around a bit if it smells good I'll buy it and see how it works with my hair, I'm probably more luckier now than I was when I was younger, my hairs more "normal" now, whilst before when I was younger I suffered from bad excema which also had an effect on my scalp.
If you have a problem I think the best bet is to confide in a good hairdresser and he/she would probably be able to recommend a product that suits the needs for your hair Smile

Also, do you use conditioner? A great conditioner can be an investment to your hair Smile
luce
pantenne pro-v is the best shampoo!
Drawingguy
Either you feel really strongly about 'pantene pro-v,' or you want those 5 posts.

I just have a question for anyone out there, reading this. Do you shampoo every day? I mean, I do, but recently a couple of my friends told me that it wasn't so great of an idea- something about how it dries out your hair and whatnot. Is this true, or some sort of beauty-product nonsense?
russel26
i used any brand shampoo but my hair is smooth.....makes feel good my hair.
TBSC
If you have sensitive scalp, I wouldn't recommend any chemicals. There are many all natural, pure, organic shampoos and conditioners for all hair types at your local health food market. Or try Aubrey Organics, they offer organic chemical free shampoo, although a little more expensive, they are not as much as salon shampoos.

Seems like your scalp needs a break from the chemicals. Try going organic for a while, with a coconut soap based shampoo. The dandruff is actually caused by oily scalp, not dry scalp. Wash your scalp with lather but don't scrub or rub hard. Do rub in circular motions to increase circulation. Since your scalp may be oily, don't apply conditioner to your roots.

Natural shampoos for dandruff conditions include tea tree oil. That may provide some relief. Smile