FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Firefox extension

MrBlueSky
I have created a little firefox extension for personal use when browsing the frihost forums. Currently it does two things:

* It allows you to specifiy the order in which you want to see the subcategories on the index page. For example Scripting and Computers on top, instead of General and Lifestyle. It allows you to specify any order you want, but it always shows all categories.

See the screenshot: http://www.mrbluesky.frih.net/temp/frifox.jpg

* It can hide images in user signatures (when this option is enabled)

My question: what is frihosts policy regarding this. Am I allowed to use this for personal use only? Is it allowed to make this (or a similar) extension available for public use, or rather not?
m-productions
MrBlueSky wrote:
I have created a little firefox extension for personal use when browsing the frihost forums. Currently it does two things:

* It allows you to specifiy the order in which you want to see the subcategories on the index page. For example Scripting and Computers on top, instead of General and Lifestyle. It allows you to specify any order you want, but it always shows all categories.

See the screenshot: http://www.mrbluesky.frih.net/frifox/frifox.jpg

* It can hide images in user signatures (when this option is enabled)

My question: what is frihosts policy regarding this. Am I allowed to use this for personal use only? Is it allowed to make this (or a similar) extension available for public use, or rather not?

wow, very very nice idea, I dont read half the fourms. so this is a great idea, now all we need is one like they have at Deviantart were it can edit the look of the forums XD
tidruG
Wow, that looks quite neat! I wouldn't mind it being made available for free download to our users, but that's my personal opinion. I don't think there would be any problems with this plugin, but I will just make sure with the rest of the staff.
Bockman
Would it be possible for you to send me a link for download so i could check it out?

Be Well Cool
Bondings
Yes you are allowed to use it. It looks like a nice extension.

I would appreciate it if you first let it be checked by Bockman first before releasing it publicly. Also, we will not officially support/promote it of any kind and all users will have to use it at their own risk.

By the way, I am planning to make an option to completely hide signatures. Also, the forum layout might change (forums next to each other). Just so you know. Wink
MrBlueSky
Oke, nice. I will do some further testing and improvement and then make an installable package and send it to Bockman. Suggestions about other features are welcome.

About the layout changing: thats kind of the standard gotcha when creating (firefox) extensions for specific sites. I just have to update it when a layout change breaks the plugin. That should be no problem, using firefox extensions automatic updating mechanism.

By the way, the recent layout changes are very nice! It looks very nice. Very clean.
minik
Sounds like a nice idea Wink
Only problem is, I can't access the picture file. It tells me to enter a username and password.
MrBlueSky
minik wrote:
Sounds like a nice idea Wink
Only problem is, I can't access the picture file. It tells me to enter a username and password.

Oh yes, sorry about that. Here is the picture: