FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

old school?

hofodomo01
I was just wondering...I have a dell desktop, and it only has pci slots (the old kind, not pcix). What's the best videocard (for gaming purposes) i can get for an old pci slot? (I have no plans to play the "new releases", since there's no way my comp would be able to handle it anyways.)

Thanks
Handyman
That is a tough one. You should probably go over to newegg and read some reviews. I had an old raedon 9250 with 256 MB of ram and it was OK for the display at the time.
crdowner
I suggest going to www.atitech.com and www.nvidia.com. Look through their current product offerings. I know nvidia used to let you browse their products by slot type because I had to research video cards for my job for three or four different model computers.
shawkat
does it really matter if you have GOOD videocard if CPU is _very_ old ?
i don't think so.

what CPU do you have and what kind of games would you like to play ?
if that m/b has _only_ _pci_ slots i think it's a kind of pentium/pentium-II and you will not be able to play decent games anyway
crdowner
You have a valid point/question but there are definitely "newer" systems that only have PCI slots. Many of the Dell's that my employer purchased only had PCI slots even though the PC's had 3.0GHz Pentium 4 processors.