FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Visualisations

hack_man_
Do you actually watch the visualisations on WMP or iTunes or whatever? They are a pretty redundant feature, I don't bother because I am always changing tracks and albums, instead of bothering with playlists...
RiCtee
I always have the visualisations turned off. Because every time I'm listening to music it's always in the background, unless I'm editing the track information, which doesn't take long at all. I guess this feature is useless.
Indyan
I have them mostly turned off as I generally listen to music while doing some work on my PC.
achene
I don't see why anyone should use it?

It is not like you want to have media player maximized while listening to music anyway.

In my eyes it is a pretty useless feature, since i mainly listen to music in the background.

- Achene
TheGeek
They are nice if you play your songs through an HTPC that you have hooked up to a TV and you want something on the TV screen as your playing the music at a party or something.
Magicman
I only use the visualizations if I'm just using the computer to listen to music and nothing else. Thats not very often because I'd usually just use my ipod for that.
Kelcey
No, I don't. They've gotten really weird and I can't even tell if they're following the music anymore.
The Mitchell
we used to have the pc av output hooked up to a massive projector for parties so the room just had massive visualisations at parties. want to do some vjing soon tho me thinks. problem with the visualisations is most of them do react to music but they have a certain set style and loop every say 2 mins. laaaaaame.
VJ ftw
arkebuzer
Other than having it on the screen so it look nice when you are not there (similar to what TheGeek said), I havent seen any use of the function really.
To me it seems to be like an advanced(well.. .relativly Wink ) screen saver, and not much more.
ddukki
I'd rather watch the album art for the songs on WMP. The Visualizations sometimes give me headaches or make me gag. I guess I have a weak constitution or something.