FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lego

Nick93
Lego is great. Being absolutely addicted to it can cost you alot of money and time but all round its great Very Happy
Do you like lego Wink
Daisie
I used to love Lego, back in the old days of my youth, when they used to come in pieces in a big box and you could build anything that you wanted. I used to play for hours on end.
Now they come premade, barely anything to bluid! Lego look like Playmobiles now, it's not so much fun anymore Sad ...
jon724
lego's cool lol..

...well it used to be,

like stated above there's nothing to really build. They took the fun out of it because there's nothing to explore really. They give you the theme and blocks that are mean't to build certain things. I liked it better when you could just buy large bags of block and little furniture things lol. It doesn't limit what you can build. And i can't believe how much time people spend building things. I passed by a shop downtown and there were huge lego statues. My cousin also used to be addicted to that stuff and built huge things. It was insane!! lol Very Happy
apple
Hey, when I was a kid I loved loved loved loved (I think you get the idea now) loved lego!!!

Now as an adult, time and not to even mention money has to be poured into so many other avenues that I cannot have lego anymore Sad
poly
Lego is awesome, I don t like the new stuff as much, but well I stopped playing with it anyway... however the idea is simply great and lets u really build what u want to as long as you got enough LEGOs;)
balticJay
i used to play with it a lot when i was young and now i have three boys i get to join in the fun, they have stack loads of it. only thing i hate about it is tidying it away as the kids often leave it lying on the floor.
crimson_aria
I played with lego a lot when I was a kid. It was so fun. Building things you want.
Rico
I absolutely love lego, but have unfortunately lost my excuse to play with it. When my son was little he got his first lego at the tender age of one. This was bought for him by his grandfather and was designated for thirteen years and up (in those days they called it Techno or Technic). This was obviously way beyond the boy’s capabilities and his grandfather (who knew a thing or to about my son’s father), graciously gave me permission to “look after” the set for him until he was a bit older. Laughing
roboguyspacedude
I used to play with legos when I was a kid and they were a lot of fun.
agustin
I used to buy a lot of legos. Its great. I still got some of them like some space ships... the egypcian piramids... etc. I dont play legos since I was a little boy but I would like to play with them again, its very interesting what you can do with some legos.
ashen
I played legos when I was kid. I think I like it. If there are any legos, I want to play it again. All of my legos was gone. Crying or Very sad
wise
I did play lego when i was kid. It was fun. But i never really came up with something really awesome.

You would surely like to drop an eye over here: http://e-4p.com/showthread.php?t=22
Sharpe
I love Lego. I played for hours with it when I was smaller. I still have it stored in boxes in the attic.
Afaceinthematrix
I liked them until I was about 11, then they got boring. But I did sink a lot of money into those
miacps
Oh man, I haven't played with legos in so long!

When I was a kid I loved them, they're still really fun! One time I found this nail/rivet thing that looked like a metal sword and fit in the lego people's hands so I recreated a sort of Legend of Zelda/King Arthur setting with towns and a forest.

Legos rule!!!
Ennex
lol i feel so old now, i use to love lego, id build anything, i have three or four big boxes full of it, if i didn't mix it up i'd probably have an entire city. Good times with lego, good thing for children...just need to make sure it doesn't get put in their mouths lol.

Ennex
Tatsumaru
Haha, I never liked legos that much. For me, there were 2 types of boys - boys that play with legos, and boys that play with action figures. I always played with action figures. Huge, epic battles and stuff. That was awesome.

Nostalgic topic haha Laughing
GProject
Oh, I spent so many hours, days even, playing with Lego in my youth. I loved it - plus it was something you could do one your own, or with firends - endlessly creating and re-creating models all from the same pieces.

The main thing I remember about playing with lego is that I used to keep all my pieces in one big box, so if I needed to look for a specific piece (especially if it was a small piece) I would spend literally hours searching through the box just for this one piece - it must've been an absolute nightmare. I wouldn't have the patience these days.
hack_man_
jon724 wrote:
lego's cool lol..

...well it used to be,

like stated above there's nothing to really build. They took the fun out of it because there's nothing to explore really. They give you the theme and blocks that are mean't to build certain things. I liked it better when you could just buy large bags of block and little furniture things lol. It doesn't limit what you can build. And i can't believe how much time people spend building things. I passed by a shop downtown and there were huge lego statues. My cousin also used to be addicted to that stuff and built huge things. It was insane!! lol Very Happy

I know, there is no real fun in Lego now... Unless the fun comes from after you have built it, like the Harry Potter Lego sets. They used to be mine, now my little sister loves them!

I think the best Lego thing ever was the large grey or green base-plates and road pieces. Once I built a huge city with them that filled most of my bedroom. I also built in a raised metro thing using the Lego Trains sets, which were amazing. I eventually rebuilt it with the harry potter set and lowered the railway to the ground, and replaced the wheels on my Hogwarts Express with the electric motor from my train set...
driftingfe3s
I've only played with them when I was young but I've seen many impressive things made from legos.

I think Lego has a downloadable application which allows you to build your own custom creations then upload the schematics to them so that you could order the parts so that you could build them in real life.
hack_man_
driftingfe3s wrote:
I've only played with them when I was young but I've seen many impressive things made from legos.

I think Lego has a downloadable application which allows you to build your own custom creations then upload the schematics to them so that you could order the parts so that you could build them in real life.

They do! They also have Lego Creator, which does the same thing, but that doesn't work on XP.

There is this shop in the Ibn Battuta Shopping Centre in Dubai where you can just go in, and the walls are filled with drawers full of Lego pieces, so you just grab a bag and pick what you like, and get it weighed! It is really clever...

Ooh! The Lego video games were great too... I loved Legoland, where you build Legoland theme parks... It took ages for the level difficulty to ramp up, but when it did, it got really hard really quickly. The last level with the dinosaur is funny!
laurenrox
My brother played with them all the time when he was younger... When I was a kid, I was more of a Kenx person. Lol. Mostly cause some of the packages came with motors and I could make something that would roll, walk, or move. I remember one Halloween, We used motor Kenx to build a moving head. We dressed it up with a mask, put a body, and some clothes on it and set it out in the front yard. I would be in the living room with the remote and whenever someone would walk by, I'd make it look at them and the eyes flash. It was so funny to see the different reactions!! LMAO!
Arseniy
Awww, Lego...
I love that one and continue to do it!
I've got 3 or 4 big Lego collections and many other that are not Lego but similar for that.
Lego is just ouch...
hack_man_
Arseniy wrote:
Lego is just ouch...

My thumbs have never really recovered from Harry Potter... They were red-raw. :p
sabe
I loved to play w/Lego but did not have the $$ to get many. Now that I have the $$ I don't have the time. What a dilemma!

I did like Lincoln logs and tinker toys. My family could afford them and I spent hours with those sets. My "rich" friends would have sets and I would go over their houses and play with them.

I want to get into the new robotic stuff because I use computers a log and love to tinker. Reading this makes me want to go and get a set. maybe....

I think that Lego is a great way to problem solve. I am a teacher and would like to find a way to start a club or something. I am looking into the First League. I hope I can find the time and the $$ to introduce Lego to the kids in my school...
hlavco
Legos are such a great waste of time. Me and my brothers used to build huge LEGO cities in our basement, usually on snow days when school was closed. I still keep most of the buildings in safe spots in case I ever use them again, because I lost the directions ages ago. I still buy them occasionally, because they're always fun to put together. I've noticed that sets with the LEGO people in them are always much more expensive. I guess they're harder to make and put together than the regular bricks.
Newnone
My lego sets were given to me by my friends and family after they didnt want to build it any more. so, i would take them apart and build them, then disect them and put them together.. Some times recreating the fight in Star Wars, building massive ships in space battling each other.. you get it..
Was fun...
lethaltriad
Lego was one of my favourite toys growing up. I had so much pieces and they really hurt when you step on them by accident lol. My favourite one was this cruise ship that I had, really cool and it floats well in the bath tub Very Happy
hiquality
I had tons of lego pieces when i was little:)
Last year i made a 2 meter LEGO house with 3 other friends Very Happy and i left it in my garden.
It survived like seveal weeks... then mylittle cousins came and DESTROYED it SadSad Embarassed
jharsika
I used to play with my big brother's lego pieces. I used to like making people, because back then having the little premade guys wasn't that common lol. My favorite thing to do was build little houses and play house with them! Or build space ships of course. Once a friend and I had a huge battle with his little brother....we had 'lego-bots' and 'soldiers' and 'airplanes' and everything haha!
carlospro7
Man, did I love lego. I used to spend hours and hours as a kid building structures. My favorite hobby as a kid, and I still love to do it. The only problem now is that I don't have the money or the time to play with them, plus I'm getting old, but no matter how old I get Legos will always be one of my favorite things to play. I remember one of my most memorable structures was the Eiffel tower. I probably built it when I was 10, and it was taller than me. When I had it done, I used to like to keep it for a couple weeks and play with it, sometime I just liked to stare at it. Then I'd destroy it and build it again. No matter how old I get Legos will never get old. I can't wait to have kids so that I can have a reason to spend money on legos, and then steal it from them. Laughing
redwolves
i love lego and i got the time to build just not enough red blocks for my darth vader statue not to mention black blocks it is really anoing
hilariouslicorice
lego!! my twin sis & i shared a boyfriend when we were in kindergarten...anyway...we decide to dump him after we destroyed his meticulously crafted lego ship with my little ponies and he had the nerve to *get mad at us*.

we got the same ship kit and constructed it ourselves afterward Laughing
agustin
I love lego. when I was a kid i USED to play all day long with legos... I think I still got a cpuple of pieces of my old legos. Its facinated what You can create with that. Today I watched in tv the lego World and its spectacular! Crazy! I would like to get there someday!
mapleisland
cool i like lego too!!!!! i uselly build airplanes and safes... its very nice game
melissareich
I used to have the HUGEST collection of legos... my brothers friends would give them to me and everything. I loved them, my favorite was building houses! I sold them when I moved.. the person who bought them got a good deal. I had a huge box full of them... $20.00 (USD)!! Yep, I didn't really use them anymore so there was no sense in keeping them but I do know they were one of my main childhood toys to play with... besides Barbies (hahha my ultimate favorite)
eday2010
I used to spend hours and days playing with Lego. Once my kid is old enough for Lego, I will be spending a lot of time playing with them again. I can't wait!
vegas5
For my one of the definitive games without a doubt serious I bequeath, I bequeath is an intelligent and amused game. But ademas has that division of games and tecnologia, with which you can program and create robots. Those of I bequeath do not have limits. They are not satisfied to constructing aircraft carrier, whole cities, furnishing the house to us, to make cathedrals until for Pastafaristas, and to put in our refrigerator. So they have been put in agreement with Swarovski to make this ring, with an adjustable base to save itself to make different measures, and of several colors, that are a piece of I bequeath, but with a crystal of inlaid Swarovski. Shocked
http://www.nopuedocreer.com/quelohayaninventado/wp-content/images/2007/06/anillo-lego.jpg
Genesiz
I used to spend hours sitting in my room constructing something weird and wonderful from my box of lego pieces. Im a bit too old now to do that again, but i have made some models as replicas of things with slightly more complexity to them, as a result of age.

Did anyone ever spend hours making something and then keep it for weeks without playing with it, so it got dusty, remember about it and play with it once, and then break it up?
hidden
I like lego and i think they are really good to play with but can't coz i got a cat and have been doin other things.

i have a ferrari car made of it, and a robot thing that i don't use anymore either that cost alot of money.
tomahawk19
Daisie wrote:
I used to love Lego, back in the old days of my youth, when they used to come in pieces in a big box and you could build anything that you wanted. I used to play for hours on end.
Now they come premade, barely anything to bluid! Lego look like Playmobiles now, it's not so much fun anymore Sad ...

I completely agree. I walked into the store the other day, just curious to see what new sets they had out, and I was appalled at the fact that most of the sets come with huge pieces that are pre-built. It makes me sick, I remember having to actually put the walls together using a ton of pieces, but now they have smooth walls that angle and whatnot. Totally defeats the purpose of legos. Legos were meant to expand your imagination, allowing young minds to build upon those imaginitive aspects. If I keep typing I'm just going to rant on and on, but I think ya'll get the idea. I have a huge collection of legos that include some of the original sets, but because I was a kid playing, all of them are open and still assembled. It was still appraised at several hundred dollars, but I won't sell, they have too much sentimental value.
Sparky07
I used to play with lego before school, I had the star wars set to accompany my lego city set so the fun went on for ages, until my mom got rid of it Sad Lego was and still is the best toy ever
kuhdorf
i built a town with lego stones xD
Coffyfacemk2
Lego is awesome.

I still miss my old lego pirate ship, possibly the best toy i've ever owned.

cos pirates are cool

and so's lego.

I just wish they'd hurried up and brought out star wars lego when i was young enough to enjoy it guilt free...
thejam
Dawm!! who didn't grew up on Lego??! This topic even makes me want to get the boxes out, and start building space castles, ufo's and 9 wheel-cars again.
I live across a toy store, and every time i walk by, i see so many shit, which is not imagenitive at all. press a battery-powered button and it makes a stupid sound WHOOHOO!!!
press it two times and you are already done with it. i think Lego is great, cause the opportunities are almost endless. Nobel prize for Lego!