FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SMTP Server

deathseaker
Ok I know we are supplied with one when we register but I also run a server off my PC nothing special its a WAMP server (Windows: Apache2, PHP5, and MySQL5 all in one) and im useing that so i dont gotta keep transfering files back and forth (making a site in php kinda gets annoying) however whenever I use the mail() function it dosnt work so i set up the SMTP server for frihost on my PC with a invalid email (noreply@mydomain) [I use another domain im not using mysite.frih.com or w/e it is] any ideas / suggestons?

If your confsed let me know i tend to confuse ppl easily Razz
crdowner
What exactly does not work? Are you getting any errors? More details would certainly help.
ronaldallan.mojica
Quote:
Ok I know we are supplied with one when we register but I also run a server off my PC nothing special its a WAMP server (Windows: Apache2, PHP5, and MySQL5 all in one) and im useing that so i dont gotta keep transfering files back and forth (making a site in php kinda gets annoying) however whenever I use the mail() function it dosnt work so i set up the SMTP server for frihost on my PC with a invalid email (noreply@mydomain) [I use another domain im not using mysite.frih.com or w/e it is] any ideas / suggestons?

Hello...

If your using wamp from xampp a smtp server is already included on the package of xampp. you will just need to setup a bit to make it work. In my setup in my home pc, i have a xampp or wamp setup. to know if the mail function is working u must have a web client like thunderbird...

this is how i do it...

I setup an email account in thunderbird. for example i will use the newuser@localhost account... if you have a fresh install xampp open the mercury mail program... mercury mail program is the mail server for smtp and pop3 so you will have benefit to test your mail function at your own pc. ok, setup an email account by following the instructions from thunderbird. Put localhost for incoming and outgoing server. newuser@localhost is a default email account created by mercury mail the password is wampp or wamp.... i cant remember... that's it just like that...

to test the sending of mail ... create a script that has mail() function and send it to newuser@localhost. and then to know if its working visit your thunderbird and refresh.

make sure that you also configured your php.ini and look for smtp... change the server to localhost and leave the port as is...

that's all thnx

[/img]
AOP Web Development
deathseaker wrote:

If your confsed let me know i tend to confuse ppl easily Razz

I have encountered that one time but i do suggest that try to use XAMPP it just like a WAMPP that it already include the APACHE,PHP5,PHPMYADMIN,FILEZILLA SERVER,MERCURY MAIL SERVER.

The mercury mail server is the solution for your needs coz it is already include on the package all you need is you just check that to run as service so you can now send an simple mail function in php by sending it to the local recepient which is admin@localhost coz you work on offline. to your pc.

I hope this could help Smile Wink
mathiaus
Otherwise just install postcast server which will also allow you to send mail from your own machine.