FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Hilary Clinton to be next President of U.S.





The World is Yours
I saw on a news program this morning that, 82% of Americans surveyed think that former first-lady, Hilary Clinton (as in "Mrs. Bill Clinton") is going to be the next president!! Now, I could go both ways on this.......

Pros:
No one could be worse than G.W.B.!
First woman president will definitely do something for our history books, and to open the standards for other points of views (instead of a 35+ yr old white male point of view).

Cons:
These are just my opinions. Everyone has a right to them, these are not trying to biased in any way!!
Woman (generally) aren't considered the best candidate to lead military operations (I hope that was politically correct enough).
The fact that she has let the whole "Monica Lewinsky" scandal go over, may be considered as weakness, and we need a strong leader (whether male or female of any color or race)

All in all though, I wouldn't mind it if she makes it.

Disclaimer: I know that this article will offend someone although, I have done my best to show that it was not my intention to do so! So, please before you jump to conclusions and get all crazy, please try to see past the surface and understand the WHOLE message, instad of picking out parts to hate.

Any other opinions on the subject?
Billy Hill
We've had enough Clinton's AND Bushs for a couple decades. Hillery would ruin everything that's already on it's way down the tubes. And then some.
The World is Yours
HAHAHA Laughing . Well said!!
ocalhoun
The World is Yours wrote:
82% of Americans surveyed think that former first-lady, Hilary Clinton (as in "Mrs. Bill Clinton") is going to be the next president!!

That may actually include a large percentage of people who would not vote for her, and dread such a thing. I would never vote for Hillary, but I do think it very likely that she'll be the next president (Because of Bush's last term, I would be very surprised if a Republican candidate could win.)

I expect to see us moving into a grand new era of socialism now!
KronikSindrome
Not beating up Monika Lewinsky could be seen as a weakness (not tough enough)
but also the fact that she didn't do anything about it shows a big capacity for forgiveness and
diplomacy....Better to not sweat the small stuff than blow up a country for pissing you off eh.....

I think she'd probably do a great job, considering she was so involved in Bill's presidency...

The only reason I'd really be happy if she made it....Bill Clinton as the First man!
hell yeeeuuhh. He's a pot smokin' slut and that's just fine by me....party at the white house! Twisted Evil

heh...anyway...it should be an interesting election year
The World is Yours
hell yeah Clinton was the sh*t. I don't know about Hilary, but I just went through 7 yrs of hating G. dub so I can barely act like I care, I just think that it is very interesting that we pretty much already know who the next president is going to be!! According to the survey, it's pretty much done!!! (Subliminal message Twisted Evil )
Billy Hill
The World is Yours wrote:
hell yeah Clinton was the sh*t. I don't know about Hilary, but I just went through 7 yrs of hating G. dub so I can barely act like I care, I just think that it is very interesting that we pretty much already know who the next president is going to be!! According to the survey, it's pretty much done!!! (Subliminal message Twisted Evil )


Given my druthers I'd rather have Bush in for 4 terms verses either Clinton in for 1. Wink
The World is Yours
Quote:
Given my druthers I'd rather have Bush in for 4 terms verses either Clinton in for 1.


No offense but, you must not buy gas or know anyone over in Iraq?
KronikSindrome
or like trees...or air.....or books...heh...

-is a tree hugger-

bush is tarded (and yes that is JUST MY OPINION...
and i still respect those who like him....I just don't understand it)
mullacy
82% is waaay too high. Got a source for that?

It'd be interesting to see if the Republicans can distance themselves enough from Bush in order to make Giuliani an acceptable candidate for middle america and the more liberal areas. Though the left leaning options are significantly more interesting, is america ready?
missdixy
I just hope that if people vote for Hilary, they do it because they think she's the best for the job, and not because they want to help make history with the first woman president and blah blah.
The World is Yours
mullacy wrote:
82% is waaay too high. Got a source for that?

It'd be interesting to see if the Republicans can distance themselves enough from Bush in order to make Giuliani an acceptable candidate for middle america and the more liberal areas. Though the left leaning options are significantly more interesting, is america ready?


The source was a local news station that is on 5 am every morning! Unless you are near Lake Havasu City, AZ, you probably wouldn't get the station anyways.

As for that seeming too high, theres a good possibility that I was thinking that too (hence this post).

To clear up any mis-understandings that is 82% of Americans surveyed, not Americans total.
Billy Hill
The World is Yours wrote:
Quote:
Given my druthers I'd rather have Bush in for 4 terms verses either Clinton in for 1.


No offense but, you must not buy gas or know anyone over in Iraq?


Gas
How funny. I buy lots of gas and drive a great big 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive pickup truck with a 6.6 liter engine that gets 16 mpg. (12 when I'm pulling my trailer full of gas-guzzling toys.) I have 43 cylinders in my yard right now. I buy lots of gas.

And I live where it's almost the most expensive in the states. I pay 3.05 to 3.15/gallon, and it's getting ready to go up.

BTW, how is gas pricing Bush's fault? Oh, yeah, that's right... He gave tax breaks to big oil companies. He gave tax breaks to ALL companies. Please pay attention. He didn't just do it for oil companies. Rolling Eyes

Iraq
I have 2 friends in Iraq right now, for their second and third tours. They're very proud and know why we're there. Regardless of what you think we're there for.

A good friend and ex co-worker's son just joined last year and is headed over there.

A very good friend who I see all the time was shot there a while ago by snipers, and went back. He's considering going back once more. His daughter is my son's girlfriend.

Iraq was planned well before Bush got into office. Don't let the lies from the liberal left detract from the FACTS that have been proven (and ignored) over and over.

Other things that Bush really IS responsible for
Illegal Aliens. Bush really pisses me off here. Close the ****ing border, fine and jail employers hiring illegals and get them the ****out of here! (Don't take them out, make it so they have no reason to be here and leave on their own. Easier than rounding them all up).
Science. Here is misleading because Bush doesn't want to mandate government involvement in stem cell research. He's not prohibiting it in the private sector, he's just not going to have the government do it. Fair enough. Perhaps he could find some funds for it though, as a subsidy.
Economy. Tough one. Yeah, Clinton left a surplus. He also left a quickly deteriorating economy that crashed 3 months after he left office. Bush brought it back. He built the military back up, which Clinton all but dismantled to get the surplus. He kept us out of a recession, improved the economy with tax breaks FOR EVERYBODY, not just the rich. (Another lie told by the left). Problem is he's printing more money than we can back up. That could be a big problem if the deficit doesn't keep coming down.

All in all, Bush is way better than Clinton was. And looking at what Hillery is saying, universal health care, shared wealth etc, scares the crap out of me. Look at Canada's health system. They tax me bad enough. But Clinton will at the very least tax me more, and also wants to take money from the working and upper class and spread it evenly among everybody. That happens and I guarantee me and millions of other hard working Americans will quit our jobs and live off others instead of working hard to pay for other slouches that don't want to work.
The World is Yours
Woah, calm down. This is a discussion! You must have missed the "No offense" part because it sounds like you took it. First of all gas has been 3.25+ here in arizona for close to a year.

George W. Bush has (on national t.v.) said he will veto any bill that gives our troops a deadline to come home. So, it would seem that he is interested in something more than "Weapons of mass destruction", what else does Iraq have that he would be interested in?

When did gas prices start rising?

If he wants to keep our troops (those are is your friends) over there, even how "proud" they might be for being there, I will bet the bank that they wouldn't fight if they were told to go home to their families.

So, in my opinion Bush is a pu**y (and pu** is bushy)

EDIT: After reading your post for the second time, I realized that it was a very civil and held many great points, please don't feel like it's personal.
Billy Hill
The World is Yours wrote:
Woah, calm down. This is a discussion! You must have missed the "No offense" part because it sounds like you took it. First of all gas has been 3.25+ here in arizona for close to a year.

George W. Bush has (on national t.v.) said he will veto any bill that gives our troops a deadline to come home. So, it would seem that he is interested in something more than "Weapons of mass destruction", what else does Iraq have that he would be interested in?



Iraq is not just about WMD. Another lie told by the left. Especially now that the government was taken out and the thugs moved in. Now we're trying to keep the terrorists from controlling the country. Like Iran. You know, the people that want to destroy western civilization. Oh wait, they don't exist, do they?

Quote:
When did gas prices start rising?


Uh, 2 days ago. Way to pay attention.

Quote:
If he wants to keep our troops (those are is your friends) over there, even how "proud" they might be for being there, I will bet the bank that they wouldn't fight if they were told to go home to their families.


Wrong.

Every person that's in the military is there by choice. The people I know personally that are in Iraq (or are going (back)), are doing so by choice. All but one of those have families here. They are leaving their families to go fight for a good cause.

Quote:

So, in my opinion Bush is a pu**y (and pu** is bushy)


Hrm... Ok.
The World is Yours
Ok, that wasn't civilized. I said that last bit to lighten the situation! You clearly insulted me, (for no reason) and THAT is ignorance. Since you happen to know the truth about everything then why don't you do something to fix it. Gas prices just started going up 2 days ago.....HAHAHAHAHAHA ok so for the last 7 years it has been low???

Please don't respond, this a RESPECTFUL discussion if you are going to insult anyone participating, then your post is not welcome!

EDIT: even though you edited the insult, I still read it.
Billy Hill
The World is Yours wrote:
Since you happen to know the truth about everything then why don't you do something to fix it.


I am. I'm telling the truth to the ignorant and lied-to masses. Very Happy

Quote:
Gas prices just started going up 2 days ago.....HAHAHAHAHAHA ok so for the last 7 years it has been low???


You're easily amused aren't you? (And easily misled). Gas has been down for over 2 months.Before that it was well over 3.20 a gallon.

It started going up 2 days ago.

As for 7 years, yes, it has remained low. Relatively. With the trouble in the ME, it should me 5.00 a gallon by now.

Quote:
Please don't respond, this a RESPECTFUL discussion if you are going to insult anyone participating, then your post is not welcome!


Respectful? How is calling Bush a pu$$y respectful? (Or intelligent for that matter)

Quote:
EDIT: even though you edited the insult, I still read it.


Good. Because I wrote it after you jumped on my case without reading what I wrote. You ASSumed I was being rude.
The World is Yours
Ok, ok. You win. You are much better and smarter than me. You are a model citizen for humanity. I should have noticed such superiority Rolling Eyes .

I hope that's what you wanted to hear. I apologize for myself and everybody else in this post for having our own opinions.
bangala
The World is Yours wrote:
No one could be worse than G.W.B.!


lol Well said.
Besides, I think it's time for Americans and the rest of the world to have a break from Republicans. It was like 8 years of wars and tension.
Billy Hill
The World is Yours wrote:
Ok, ok. You win. You are much better and smarter than me. You are a model citizen for humanity. I should have noticed such superiority Rolling Eyes .

I hope that's what you wanted to hear. I apologize for myself and everybody else in this post for having our own opinions.


I want to hear intelligence. Reason. Cogent thought. But most of all, I want to hear INFORMED opinions. Not name calling. Not speculation. Not lies. Not the same old and busted run of the mill talking points that have almost all been completely debunked.

The problem with your opinions is that you do nothing to verify what's told to you. Therefore, they're completely ignorant. I check my sources. I verify what's told to me. I don't take anyone's word for it. If I just listened to the same old rhetorical hate bush speeches day in and day out, I'd be just as ignorant as you.

But I don't just listen to the hate. I look at both sides and make my own opinions. Which are often much more accurate and informed that what I read here from many people.

By the way, I'm NOT a republican. I hate Bush just as much as the next guy, for the reasons I stated above, but I recognize that everything he does is not bad and evil and just done to ruin this country. He does some good things, he does some bad things. Just like you. Just like me.
tidruG
Back on topic... what happened to Barrack Obama? (I'm not sure I spelt his first name right). Last I read about this, he was doing quite well in the opinion polls as to who should be the next Democratic candidate for the presidential elections?
Billy Hill
tidruG wrote:
Back on topic... what happened to Barrack Obama? (I'm not sure I spelt his first name right). Last I read about this, he was doing quite well in the opinion polls as to who should be the next Democratic candidate for the presidential elections?


He's still the media darling. Wink
samples-surveys
I'm just curious as to where/which states everyone is posting from. I live in Iowa and the polls here are split on Hillary, she's a little too radical for some of the conservative folk around these parts. And then we have the people from Chicago (3 hours away) who can't stop raving about Obama. I think the polls are definitely geographically biased and will remain that way until some of the candidates are weeded out during the caucuses...
Moonspider
bangala wrote:
The World is Yours wrote:
No one could be worse than G.W.B.!


lol Well said.
Besides, I think it's time for Americans and the rest of the world to have a break from Republicans. It was like 8 years of wars and tension.


Yes, the world will be at peace once Bush leaves office, just as it was before 2001. (I couldn't find an icon to adequately express the sarcasm dripping from my comment. Wink)

Everyone has opinions and is entitled to them. However, can you honestly say that President Bush is worse than President Buchanan? I don't think he is, but that is after all, just my opinion. That being said, I don't think you'll ever see President Bush ranked lower than President Buchanan (or several other presidents for that matter) on any academic, historical ranking of presidents based upon their abilities and achievements.

Regarding Senator Clinton, I did a search to try and find the survey to which "The World is Yours" referenced but met with no success. I'm surprised such a survey went by unnoticed with a dramatic and controversial result like that. Maybe the local station in Arizona misquoted?

But I'd have to agree with Mr. Hill, given a choice between either of the Clintons and George W. Bush for the next eight years, I'd choose the latter as well.

And to answer the assumptions posed by "TWIY" following Mr. Hill's reply:

I do buy gas. I personally think the price is too low. I'd like to see it around $15 to $20 a gallon in order to drive change in the marketplace and make alternatively powered vehicles and upgrades to public transportation systems more viable. It kills me when politicians want both environmental programs and cheap gas. That's like telling children that candy is bad for them and that they should never eat it right before you place them alone in a room with bowls and bowls of free candy. If you're in office, stick your environmental policies where your mouth is and suck up the political hit for not complaining about high gas prices because you think it'll help you defeat your opponents across the isle or on Pennsylvania Ave.

I am not an environmentalist in the political sense. My main problem with our oil reliance is that U.S. production peaked in the 1970s, and since then we have been dependent upon imports. That is what I want to do away with, dependence upon an energy supply from other countries. For me energy independence is just a strategic need to improve U.S. security and reduce lines of vulnerability.

Adjusting for inflation gas is cheaper now than it was at other points in my lifetime.

As for Iraq, I know and have known people serving there, some have served under me in various commands, and I served in Kuwait as part of OIF I & II (2003-2004).

Respectfully,
M
roxys_art
No, I don't think Mrs. Clinton will be the next president. Don't get me wrong, I do not have anything against a woman president...but from where I am sitting, I think Obama is much more popular than Clinton. I am not the only one who feels this way apparently, because according to a recent poll, Obama is ahead of the game for the Democrats.
bangala
I think Mrs Clinton could be the best American president so far Smile
coolclay
I know more dems that hate Billary's guts then republicans.
Fanghai44
clintons and bushes are getting boring
its like goign back and forth
mayb if hiliary became prez the nxt yr some bush is gonna b prez again...

SOMEONE NEW! Smile
jwellsy
How about Hillery in 2008 and 2012.
Jebb Bush in 2016 and 2020.
Chelsie Clinton in 2024 and 2028.

Maybe the Mayans saw this coming when they ended their calender.
joshumu
Such is the trappings of the two party system. And it doesn't matter who wins because the government will still be a tool to the rich, corrupt, and corporate. So protest. Let them know how many people are pissed. Tell the world we don't approve of what our government inflicts on the rest of humanity.

RNC http://nornc.org/ Twin Cities Sept 1-4 2008
DNC http://www.recreate68.org/ Denver Aug 25-28 2008
tidruG
How do you plan to do that, joshu?
In the end, you have to vote for SOME system of governance, don't you?
Jinx
What I don't get is why people spend all their time complaining about the Republicans and Democrats, and seem to forget that there are other parties out there. If the front running candidates all look pretty scary to you, check out the third parties - Libertarian, Green, Reform, hell, there's even a socialist party. I tend to lean toward the Libertarian point of view, myself.

I know that the biggest argument that people use against the third parties is that they stand no chance of winning, so what's the point of "wasting" your vote? But, the thing is, your vote is never wasted if you vote for the person you really want in office. Each vote for the party of your choice sends a message that THIS is the way you want the country run.

If you don't want another Bush or Clinton, then don't vote for the Republicans or the Democrats just because the media ignores the fact that America is more than a two-party system.

Vote for real change! Boycott the Republicrats.
Soulfire
I'm sorry, but I don't feel that America is ready for socialism.
smarter
I dislike Hilary Clinton so I hope she won't be elected the next US president.

What's wrong with you, Americans? Since when US presidency has become a family business? Don't you know anything better than replacing a second-hand Bush with a second-hand Clinton?

I agree with Jinx: Try other parties! You need more political diversity! What do you have to lose?
Tim Graham
Hillary scares me, so does George. Barack Obama seems nice but perhaps a little too much so.

Perhaps Castro is right:
Quote:
Castro's tip: Clinton-Obama the winning ticket

Ailing Cuban leader Fidel Castro is tipping Democratic candidates Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama to team up and win the US presidential election.

Senator Clinton leads Senator Obama in the race to be the Democratic nominee for the November 2008 election, and Mr Castro said they would make a winning combination.

"The word today is that an apparently unbeatable ticket could be Hillary for president and Obama as her running mate," he wrote in an editorial column on US presidents published on Tuesday by Cuba's Communist Party newspaper, Granma.

At 81, Mr Castro has outlasted nine US presidents since his 1959 revolution turned Cuba into a thorn in Washington's side by building a communist society about 140 kilometres offshore from the United States.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/08/29/2018112.htm
jwellsy
What is her position on adultery?
bokaier
Despite being liberal as the day is long, I've never been much for Hillary. She's pure politics, all reaction, no direction. And she just seems fake.

The biggest positive aspect of her I can draw is the Bill Clinton as first man, back under the roof of the White House.

Oh, and yeah, a magic 8ball would've made a better commander and chief then Dubya.
Moonspider
Tim Graham wrote:
Hillary scares me, so does George. Barack Obama seems nice but perhaps a little too much so.

Perhaps Castro is right:


If my major political opinions ever happen to be the same as or similar to Castro's (or a terrorist organization's, or any other tyrant's), that would give me pause and force me to step back and reconsider my opinion.

Respectfully,
M
Bru, stuffce
Although I don't like Hillary, I don't like many politicians, so I guess she has to be judged on her form. She's a bit wishy-washy, still supporting the slaughter of innocents in Iraq just because she said so at the beginning, and never had the guts to change her mind when she realised that Dubya had been lying about everything.

She is in favour of a proper health care system for children, that's good, though I wonder if she has the balls to take on the big medical organisations, which she would have to do for that to succeed.

In the final analysis though, I don't think it matters too much. America is too deeply in the grip of big business for a change of leader to make much difference. I would like to see a leader with a three-figure IQ for a change, and one who could change America's stance on:


  1. Mass murder (See Iraq)
  2. Torture and associated criminal activities
  3. Climate change
  4. The International Criminal Court (See points 1 and 2)
  5. Civil rights
  6. Conservation and green issues generally
  7. Support for other countries behaving as badly (Israel)


I guess I would be lucky to see 2 out of 7.

The world would also like to see some fiscal responsibility. You can't just keep borrowing, or one day you won't be able to service the debt, and then we'll have to bail you out again.
akshar
Even I feel that she is gonna be the next president.
President of US is like president of the world. Hence the whole world should get an opportunity to vote in precidential elections.
Afaceinthematrix
Seriously, if she gets elected president I'm leaving the country. She's a complete idiot. And I disagree with what you said, "No one can be worse than G.W.B." Abraham Lincoln was a worse president (he's just remembered as great because he's credited with ending the terrible institution of slavery). His political strategies sucked in my opinion; he just got lucky with the outcome. And Hilary Clinton would definitely be worse without a doubt.
otiscom
Would she moisten her own cigars?
russel26
if ever president hillary who is the next the daughter?? Mad just kidding
Billy Hill
The World is Yours wrote:
I saw on a news program this morning that, 82% of Americans surveyed think that former first-lady, Hilary Clinton (as in "Mrs. Bill Clinton") is going to be the next president!!


That's funny. The polls I'm seeing say that HALF of Democrats wouldn't vote for her. And we all know what just about ALL the Repugs are going to do. Laughing Laughing Laughing

If she can't handle the Democrats asking basic, simple questions, what's she going to do when the Republicans start taking aim at her?

Yeah, that's who I want running the most powerful country and biggest free enterprise in the world. Wink
akshar
Hilary was president's wife and hence got lots of public exposure. She indeed was smart but I think for country that claims to give equal opportunities to all its citizens
Its important that fresh brain and ideas come in politics else it will become like india
Billy Hill
The debates were a joke. No tough questions for Hillary AT ALL.

Even though there were ZERO tough questions she STILL said "they were slinging mud"

Booo friggen hooo

:cries:
liljp617
Billy Hill wrote:
The World is Yours wrote:
hell yeah Clinton was the sh*t. I don't know about Hilary, but I just went through 7 yrs of hating G. dub so I can barely act like I care, I just think that it is very interesting that we pretty much already know who the next president is going to be!! According to the survey, it's pretty much done!!! (Subliminal message Twisted Evil )


Given my druthers I'd rather have Bush in for 4 terms verses either Clinton in for 1. Wink

Well, luckily people like you can't vote for him again...
liljp617
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Seriously, if she gets elected president I'm leaving the country. She's a complete idiot. And I disagree with what you said, "No one can be worse than G.W.B." Abraham Lincoln was a worse president (he's just remembered as great because he's credited with ending the terrible institution of slavery). His political strategies sucked in my opinion; he just got lucky with the outcome. And Hilary Clinton would definitely be worse without a doubt.

He got lucky? lol...rightio

Lincoln, regardless of how he's perceived because of ending slavery, was in no way worse than Bush. Read up on your history rather than listen to random people on the Internet talk about how he was a terrible president who got lucky.
Moonspider
liljp617 wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Seriously, if she gets elected president I'm leaving the country. She's a complete idiot. And I disagree with what you said, "No one can be worse than G.W.B." Abraham Lincoln was a worse president (he's just remembered as great because he's credited with ending the terrible institution of slavery). His political strategies sucked in my opinion; he just got lucky with the outcome. And Hilary Clinton would definitely be worse without a doubt.

He got lucky? lol...rightio

Lincoln, regardless of how he's perceived because of ending slavery, was in no way worse than Bush. Read up on your history rather than listen to random people on the Internet talk about how he was a terrible president who got lucky.


I like Lincoln. As I mentioned in another thread, he is my favorite president. However liljp617, I would not be so quick to dismiss Afaceinthematrix's comment.

Lincoln took a hard line against the South, and I think that was the right policy (My apologies to my maternal great-great grandfather who fought for the Confederate Army of Tennessee. My paternal great-great grandfather who fought for the Union Army of the Tennessee would be proud. Wink)

But Lincoln was a tyrant. No two ways about it and there is no arguing it. The United States has never seen such a tyrannical leader who violated so many laws. A short example:

Acts of Lincoln during the Civil War:
1. Suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus – As Yale professor Joshua Kleinfeld said, “when Lincoln suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus, he clothed himself with more power then any individual had possessed in America before, or since.”
2. Declared Martial Law – Went so far as to arrest people for protesting the war and shutting down anti-war newspapers. And since the writ of habeas corpus had been suspended, there was nothing they could do about it.
3. Had Congressman Vallandigham of Ohio (an outspoken political opponent) taken into custody by armed soldiers in the middle of the night, thrown in a military prison, convicted by military tribunal of treason because of a speech he gave in the House of Representatives, and was promptly deported.
4. Issued an arrest warrant for Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger Taney after Taney issued an opinion that only congress could suspend habeas corpus.

That alone would make him the worst president in U.S. history in many a person's book!

You seemed to imply that people (including Afaceinthematrix) don't like Lincoln because he freed the slaves. Saying that Lincoln freed the slaves is not entirely true. He issued the Emancipation Proclamation of course, but that only freed slaves in Confederate territory still controlled by the Confederacy. Slaves in the Union and any Confederate territory occupied by the Union were still slaves. (In fact, early in the war Lincoln fired a general in the Western Theatre for freeing slaves.) The slaves were not actually freed until the 13th Amendment became law in December of 1865. But Lincoln's executive order did make freeing the slaves an objective of the war.

And Lincoln was lucky (or providentially protected, depending on your point of view). The Civil War was very unpopular in the North. Vietnam? Heck, that was as popular as World War II compared to the War Between the States! Desertion was rampant in the Army, as was draft dodging. McClellan would most assuredly have won the Presidential election in 1864 (he was running on a platform of making peace with the Confederacy and ending the war) if not for the surprise Union victory at Gettysburg. That was probably the luckiest moment of Lincoln's presidency.

But I like Lincoln because he had the fortitude to do what he thought to be morally right, no matter what. And I think history judges him as morally right, even though any president who tried to exercise such Draconian control today would be impeached and kicked out of office in no time.

Americans today value rights more than right.

Respectfully,
M
horseatingweeds
That's my favorite thing about Bush as well, he seems to do what he thinks is right rather than popular.

As for the argument of Lincoln, he had big ears and talked funny too, "four score and seven years...." Laughing

It only takes about a half our of heading to agree that the civil war was unpopular. Dumping immigrants into the ranks, casualties on a magnitude unheard of and only seen again in WWI, the reality that soldiers were fighting relatives, and so on – fancy new cannons - .72 inch rifles – yikes. And I just don’t see how any civil war soldiers stayed healthy, I guess they just didn’t – food and so on.
Billy Hill
Tim Graham wrote:

Quote:
Castro's tip: Clinton-Obama the winning ticket



That will be an easy ticket to beat. Anything Hillary = loss at the polls, no matter WHAT the media is trying to tell you. Laughing Laughing
Lord Klorel
i don't give my opinion about this event, but i hope that hilliary if she become president, would do something drasticly to stupid war in Iraq, this war can't be won. Every terrorist that will be killed and another will rise up on those ashes.
I see this war as a fight between 2 gods.
Like God against the devil.
Like Ra against Apophis.
And go on, i hope that the USA will become a normal country that there more time and money must be funded in research and technology so we can do something to save this planet from becoming a planet where live is impossible.
Related topics
Bush’s Openly Religious Language
to be a Republican...
Bush's Reign
What's Rubbish About Your Country?
Name your ticket for President of the USA
Hilary Clinton
Rumsfield being investigated for War Crimes
US democrats Obama vs Clinton?
Democratic Candidates.
Alan Johnston 'set for freedom'
The most spectacular prediction of Nostradomus
We need a political forum!
Should Hillary concede the nomination to Barack Obama?
US Foreign Policy - Middle East - Quo Vadis?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.