FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hard Drive

koychev
Does any body know how to divide my hard drive. I have only one partition C: and would like to make and D: Also i don't want to lose my info. What program can i use, where to find it, and how to use it.
The World is Yours
Try partition magic.
koychev
Thanks but one friend give me Acronis partition expert. I did it. Now i have 2 partitions. This program is realy useful and easy to use. I recommend it to you.
The World is Yours
Thank you but, I use gparted on Linux Cool . That's what I was going to recommend you but you are winXP user! Congratulations though on getting it to work. Have you ever thought about switching to Linux?
Handyman
A gparted live CD is the way to go and it is free. While youre at it you might as well install linux Very Happy
silverdown
I use partition magic it already been said but it is good.
orcaz
Are there any good but free partition manager's out there?
kiranaghor
Partition magic is safe. period.
billgertz
I recommend Partition Magic. its safer and easier to follow. its just a few clicks away actually.

but.. before you partition your hard drive, back up your data. You cannot afford to loose those information out of curiosity specially its your first time to do it.
OS Master
I used GPartEd and it is the best. It was safe and it works with all hard drives. But if Partition Magic worked for you, then I'll think about using it in the future.
koltz
I do not suggest use partition magic for Big Disks
I had lost info namy times after using this tool.

So I recomend use acronis tools,
they are stable and I have big expiriens in using acronis tools.
It is the best for me Smile
amineelasry
use PARTITION MAGIC , and resize your C partition , then creat D in the free space after resizing ..
lethaltriad
another nod for partition magic here also, always use it and it gets the job done! many others out there though that does the same thing.
J-Evil
I would recommend GParted Very Happy Very easy to use, very reliable, works on every HDD
Talk2Tom11
I would suggest partition magic.
silverdown
First & Last time I tried to do this I messed up the hard drive, it just a warning, good thing the warranty was still in effect and I got a replacement, thank god for BestBuy Laughing
bulek
I also recommend Partition Magic, I have only good experience with it. Just take care of backups before creating partitions because there is a small chance for losing files on disk.