FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Buying space off other users

truespeed
I know this will get a no cant do straight away,but the idea is,most users who have 250mb dont want or need that amount of space,some may not even use 10mb,so they are left with 240mb un-used space,what if they could sell this space in the marketplace to people who would perhaps require more than the 250 they already have. would this be possible,achievable?
Hogwarts
Bad idea.

It doesn't matter if you use your space or not, you're allocated an amount that you're allowed to use. If you go over 250mb, you either need to get file mirrors or you need paid hosting. Better still, you could delete some of the useless junk you're hosting.

250mb is generous.. Most websites barely use 30, letalone 250. It's also against the rules to sell your hosting/file mirroring in the marketplace anyway.
InsanePL
Yeah, bad idean, and look...

If someone use 10mb for example, he will sell you 240mb, You will open a big service (^^) and files will be hosted at this 240mb. What if he stop being avtive and his account will be deleted ? You lose everythin, it`s very bad idea. But maybe we can buy for example 5MB of space for 100 FRIH$.
Hogwarts
InsanePL wrote:
Yeah, bad idean, and look...

If someone use 10mb for example, he will sell you 240mb, You will open a big service (^^) and files will be hosted at this 240mb. What if he stop being avtive and his account will be deleted ? You lose everythin, it`s very bad idea. But maybe we can buy for example 5MB of space for 100 FRIH$.

There's no point in that.

Would the 5mb be persistent, or would it last a month? And besides, it's five megabytes. I refer to my previous point when I say this: If you're using all of your 250mb, there would be the matter of..
A) You need a paid host.
or
B) You need to delete some junk.

Seriously, even if Frihost gave out 10gb hosting, who would actually use the 10gb? Nobody.
tidruG
This has been suggested before, and it got a no.
Members are given a standard package, and are not allowed to resell our services whether within the Frihost community or outside.

-closed- thread.