FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

sublime..

Srs2388
does anyone listen to their music?
They are kind of Jamaican... they sing about weed a lot lol..
but for some reason I love listening to all the songs.
mattyj
do you mean Sublime the ska band?

I quite like them, too bad the singer had to go and O.D Sad
ddukki
Sublime was an awesome band and was one of my favorites. I didn't know the singer OD'd ... Did they ever get a new singer? I haven't been paying attention to them after about 2001.
mattyj
i dont think they did get a new singer, i think they disbanded...interesting to note, he died on the same day as the singer of Blind Melon,both from Overdoses...Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
Srs2388
I didn't know that I remember the song smoke 2 joints and I loved it... downloaded a few more songs by them and liked the others as well... Very Happy
Yantaal
i dont think they sounded jamaican, they were just a decent ska band,

and i also didn tknow that he over dosed. silly tosser
mattyj
This is from Wikipedia

Quote:
Sublime combined a variety of genres, such as reggae, punk, and rap. The band released just two albums during the first seven years. Lead singer Bradley Nowell died of heroin overdose on May 25, 1996 in a hotel room, just two months before the release of their self-titled third record, which became a hugely successful release based on the single 'What I Got'; which can be considered a summary of the band's outlook on life. This came seven days after his wedding to Troy, who had given birth to their son, Jakob. A number of posthumous releases followed, among them 1997's Second-Hand Smoke, 1998's Stand by Your Van, and Sublime Acoustic: Bradley Nowell & Friends. A 3-CD/1-DVD box set of demos, rarities, and live recording, called Everything Under the Sun, was released on November 14, 2006.

Following Sublime's demise, its surviving members, Eric Wilson and Bud Gaugh, began a new band under the name "Long Beach Dub Allstars" (Disbanded in 2002). Long Beach Dub Allstars also included many frequent contributors to Sublime, including Michael "Miguel" Happoldt, Todd Foreman, and "Field" Marshall Goodman.

[/quote]