FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about MySQL!

menhao
as what we can see in the follows marked in red color, they are the information system return to me :

menhao_guyingmen (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings
Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:menhao_guyingmen:localhost","menhao_guyingmen","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "menhao_guyingmen", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("menhao_guyingmen");

actually, i built a blog depending on MySQL, therefore, i registered the information on the blog's install form as:

Hostname:Localhost
DatabaseName:menhao_guyingmen
UserName:menhao_guyingmen
Password:******

Unfortunately, there returns the warnning information by the blog installer:

Installing...
- Successfully connected to the MySQL server.
- Successfully selected MySQL database.

Warning: fopen(mysqlcon.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/menhao/public_html/Blog/install.php on line 195

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/menhao/public_html/Blog/install.php on line 196

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/menhao/public_html/Blog/install.php on line 197
- Successfully created BlogHoster MySQL tables.

All i want to know is if there is some error in my configuration on MySQL to lend the warnings. NOw i can not login blog in the administrator mode, little suspect here.
vizavex
Quote:

Warning: fopen(mysqlcon.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/menhao/public_html/Blog/install.php on line 195

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/menhao/public_html/Blog/install.php on line 196

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/menhao/public_html/Blog/install.php on line 197

I think this is the files permission problem
change the folders and files of the script mod to 777

I think the script should has a guide like readme.txt
tell you which folders or files need to change mod
menhao
Thanks, man, i had revised the permission in the cpanel, and the blog is amazing, thanks again:)
menhao
This is really a great experience, changing to 777 mode is vital to build a blog or something alike
foggy
menhao wrote:
This is really a great experience, changing to 777 mode is vital to build a blog or something alike

just remember to change the permissions of the config files to what they were at originally, or it could pose as a possible security threat.