FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I make music site?

tanmoy30
Can I make music (mp3s) site? The songs will not be here, only links will be there.
Bockman
As stated in the ToS:

Quote:
C) Hosting rules
Any of the following is strictly not allowed, unless stated otherwise.

5. Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.

Now, depending of the kind of mp3 files you want to link to, we may or may not give you permission to link to them.
What kind of music are you referring to? your own music, created by you?

Be Well Cool
tanmoy30
No, the music I mentioned to host in my site are not made by me. They are different popular or vintage mp3s, sang by different world famous singers. But, as you have clearly mentioned in your reply that you cannot give permission of link to mp3 files. So, I think I should not go for it and should try to plan a 'who am I' like site. But, in case you think otherwise and can give me permission, then please let me know. Till then I have to give up my idea of music site because I don't want to violate the rules.
alexdude
Correct me if i'm wrong:

Unless you created the songs, you can't put other peoples songs on your website.
Molle
Question: Can I upload videoes to my website, then?
Animal
Molle wrote:
Question: Can I upload videoes to my website, then?

You will be allowed to host videos on your Frihost account provided they do not contain any copyrighted content - this includes short clips from TV for example, and the soundtrack. Before uploading videos, please request permission by creating a new topic in the Request an Account Change forum and describe the content of the videos.
tanmoy30
alexdude wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong:

Unless you created the songs, you can't put other peoples songs on your website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct me if I am wrong.

I somewhere read earlier that there is no certain law regarding mp3. This file type cannot be included in the law regarding copyrighted music, otherwise there cannot be so much mp3 sites out there and above all Windows Media Player (owned and created by Microsoft) cannot have a feature called 'Rip' which has the facility to rip music in mp3 format from an audio cd. Cool If mp3 is illegal, then the softwares to make mp3 are also illegal. Then, from Lame, Fraunhopher to Microsoft all are doing illegal work. Confused
swizzy
so google gadgets such as MP3 players not allowed?? also flash mp3 players not allowed???
Bockman
tanmoy30 wrote:
alexdude wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct me if I am wrong.

I somewhere read earlier that there is no certain law regarding mp3. This file type cannot be included in the law regarding copyrighted music, otherwise there cannot be so much mp3 sites out there and above all Windows Media Player (owned and created by Microsoft) cannot have a feature called 'Rip' which has the facility to rip music in mp3 format from an audio cd. Cool If mp3 is illegal, then the softwares to make mp3 are also illegal. Then, from Lame, Fraunhopher to Microsoft all are doing illegal work. Confused

You stand corrected. (meaning, yes, you're wrong.)

First of all, i don't know how the law stands on your country, but on the US the law has been defined for all formats.

tip:
http://www.riaa.com/physicalpiracy.php?content_selector=piracy_online_the_law

But even if it weren't, our own ToS states it very clearly.

As for the format converters you were mentioning, most of them already have protections so they don't rip protected CD's. And that function is there to allow you to convert music in a legal fashion (yes, there is such a thing).

Be Well Cool