FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem after phpBB installation, cant enter panel admin

InsanePL
hi i got a lil problem, i installed phpBB on public_html dir and everything it`s all right but when i want to enter admin`s panel i got this...

Code:
Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(./../extension.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (.:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/:/proc/) in /home/insanepl/domains/3run.eu/public_html/admin/index.php on line 33

Warning: main(./../extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/insanepl/domains/3run.eu/public_html/admin/index.php on line 33

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(./../extension.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (.:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/:/proc/) in /home/insanepl/domains/3run.eu/public_html/admin/index.php on line 33

Warning: main(./../extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/insanepl/domains/3run.eu/public_html/admin/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required './../extension.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/insanepl/domains/3run.eu/public_html/admin/index.php on line 33

32 33 and 34 line there

Code:
$phpbb_root_path = "./../";
require($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
require('./pagestart.' . $phpEx);

extrension.inc file @ public_html

Code:
<?php
/*************************************************************************** 
 *                               extension.inc
 *                            -------------------                         
 *   begin                : Saturday, Feb 13, 2001
 *   copyright            : (C) 2001 The phpBB Group       
 *   email                : support@phpbb.com                           
 *   $Id: extension.inc,v 1.5 2002/04/04 11:52:50 psotfx Exp $
 ***************************************************************************/

if ( !defined('IN_PHPBB') )
{
   die("Hacking attempt");
}

//
// Change this if your extension is not .php!
//
$phpEx = "php";

$starttime = 0;

?>

I asked on polish phpbb support forum and they told me i should contact server administrator, what`s wrong with this why i cant enter admin`s panel...

Answer me please.
InsanePL
I tested something and i guess is server fault, cna you do somethign about this...

Just check urself.

Currently i got installed phpBB modifed by przemo forum, it`s the bets distribution witha lot of addons, and i sucessfully installed but i cant enter panel...

I made 'forum' dir for test and i downloded official files from phpbb.com
i put them on forum dir and i can`t even install ;/

just check urself

http://216.32.85.170/~insanepl/forum/install/install.php

Please do something about this, cuz i already bought domain and i can`t start configuration of forum to run 3run.eu
Bondings
You need to test it with a domain name and not through the ip address. It's most likely because you are accessing it through the ip address that you are getting that error.
Bockman
working fine here...

were you running that install file from directadmin??

try http://3run.frih.net/forum/install/install.php . install has to be run from here.

BTW, I guess that's a test forum install, but I'll give you the heads up anyway.

To have the forum run from 3run.eu, you need to add the files there and not on 3run.frih.net

Be Well Cool
Bondings
Quote:
when i go to 3run.frih.net and i login it automaticly change URL to IP adress so everytime i`ll make an action like log in etc i got IP adress and problem is same

That's most likely because you have the ip address instead of the (sub)domain name in the config settings. It's either in the phpbb_config database or in the settings/config file.