FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with glut

umeshtangnu
Mine office has recently gotten a new computer as the old one had crashed, so I had to reinstall dev-C++ and glut. Well, I finally got it and the template working, but now a simple snowman program I had gotten somewhere isn't working. I had the program from when I learned to use glut, and I was planning on using it again to refresh my memory. But now, for some reason, it only renders when a mouse button is clicked. It doesn't make any sense to me, especially since I don't even handle mouseclicks in the program yet.

Maybe glut was updated in between now and when I downloaded it last time? That seems to be the only explanation, since I don't remember ever having this problem in the past.

Does anyone know about any weird changes they did to it that might cause this?
why6487
umeshtangnu wrote:
Mine office has recently gotten a new computer as the old one had crashed, so I had to reinstall dev-C++ and glut. Well, I finally got it and the template working, but now a simple snowman program I had gotten somewhere isn't working. I had the program from when I learned to use glut, and I was planning on using it again to refresh my memory. But now, for some reason, it only renders when a mouse button is clicked. It doesn't make any sense to me, especially since I don't even handle mouseclicks in the program yet.

Maybe glut was updated in between now and when I downloaded it last time? That seems to be the only explanation, since I don't remember ever having this problem in the past.

Does anyone know about any weird changes they did to it that might cause this?

Give us the source code. I can't fix your code without the source.