FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Design a Map With Link to each Country...

pollux1er
Hi everybody. As the title says it, i want to design a map with a link reference on each part of the map. For example, for the map of Usa well drawn, specifying each country, i want to put a link under each part so that, if i click for example on seatle or washinton, the link open me a new page! How can I realised that? Which tool can help me?
Thanks to help me.
imagefree
What i understand from your question, can be done with the help of javascript.
pollux1er
imagefree wrote:
What i understand from your question, can be done with the help of javascript.

Ok, but How? Be a bit more precise.
imagefree
i dont know java. But once i did it in WYSIWYG editer (Frontpage and Dreamweaver).
Its really complex to do that. However if the map is simple, not the whole glob, i can do it for you. Very Happy
simplyw00x
You can either do this with HTML imagemaps (<map> tags, iirc), which will take ages, or with a solution such as flash/javascript etc to detect where on the picture the users click.
Donutey
Using an imagemap, and manually coding it would be difficult but relatively straight forward (see google for image map tutuorials). However, if you have frontpage or some other WYSIWIG making an imagemap (where each country can be a link is much easier) by using the integrated tools of the program.
simplyw00x
Sadly imagemaps are very limited in terms of how complex the areas of the image can be; certainly nothing on the scale of complexity of a country's border (without becoming unmanageably fiddly). A JS solution would take longer to start with but would pay off more in the long-run.
pollux1er
Do you have a tutorial link?
pollux1er
After some researches, i figure out temrs like USEMAP and ISMAP. If you can search too, just let me know what you find on it. What i found was not very explicit on the thing. So...
gerpg
atm i think googlemaps can just about cover what you want to do, if you want to do it yourself, Flash would be a VERY flexible tool here.

Louis.
wise
use google map or yahoo map. It is simple.
pollux1er
How to use them please!!! I don't really see what you are talking about. Thanks to understand. Crying or Very sad
asim
Hi Buddy,

Ask internet "God". i mean just google it dude.
pollux1er
asim wrote:
Hi Buddy,

Ask internet "God". i mean just google it dude.

Thanks for the idea! I will think of it...
thomasw
if you have image ready you can just put in image maps where you want. It takes no time at all and it not fiddly.

only problem is if you dont have it Smile
pollux1er
thomasw wrote:
if you have image ready you can just put in image maps where you want. It takes no time at all and it not fiddly.

only problem is if you dont have it Smile

What you say is probably right but i have not yet try it. In fact, i have image ready. I think it is always coming with photoshop. And i also know how to use that tools which is use to cut graphics into parts. I will see if it is possible.
Thanks a lot for your idea. I think it is the better one posted. Very Happy