FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Alternative medicine

Bannik
Okay I am sorta thinking of going into a career in aletnative medicine and of course studies into the topic but I need to know more.

Maybe someone on this forum who has taken a course or works for a Herbal store, chinese medicine expert etc.. to tell me how its like, what if the pay, how does society view you (i.e are you laughed at becuase they think you are a fake doctor or love you for your knowledge etc), what did you study, what are the best courses etc...

oh and experiances with herbal medicine (does it work)
friuser
alternative medicine is an increasingly growing field... Do people still consider alternative medicine to be a quack career? Many insurance now at least cover partially accupunture and other non surgical procedures and many doctors hold credientials from leading universities with real doctor degrees.

The thing is alternative medicine is can usually be the last place to try after all the latest science breakthroughs has been exhausted. Heck it could be the first place to see if you don't have health care so it definately works for some people. It's really a question of whether you believe or not since there are very difficult or reliable tests to verify effectiveness.

IF you have to ask than you are going in the wrong field. Though there are people known to lie about effectiveness of alternative medicine and endanger people. I hope you are not one of them.
azbuky
like the previous respondent said: it depends Smile how effective alternative medicine is and how are you perceived doing it. it depends on you and on the culture you are in. like anything humans do, it requires a lot of knowledge until you are proficient. there are fakes in any domains, and especially in fuzzy ones like alternative medicine.

about herbs..i don't know what you mean by that, but in my understanding it means using natural plants for curing/ strengthening the human body and mind. and i think if used correctly, herbs can be powerful. i have 6-7 years since i did not touch normal pill. i use fruits, vegetables, bee products and herbal teas for all sorts of things.
(for example, i broke a foot...thus i need more calcium, thus i eat more tomatoes, spinach, salad etc.)

go discover! nature and herbs are wonderful!
turbowolf
A lot of alternative medicines like chinese medicines are hard to master. You need a lot of time to study chinese medicine and remember its theory and technique. At first, you must understand chinese culture, and then you must master Chinese font. They are hard to understand. So you need to contribute much more time than the one who study traditional medicine.

Bannik wrote:
Okay I am sorta thinking of going into a career in aletnative medicine and of course studies into the topic but I need to know more.

Maybe someone on this forum who has taken a course or works for a Herbal store, chinese medicine expert etc.. to tell me how its like, what if the pay, how does society view you (i.e are you laughed at becuase they think you are a fake doctor or love you for your knowledge etc), what did you study, what are the best courses etc...

oh and experiances with herbal medicine (does it work)
poly
i don t believe in alternative medicine..