FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Africa

Afaceinthematrix
It's always been a dream of mine to travel to Africa. I would like to go there someday so I've been doing research, but want some opinions from people that have actually been there. Where are some of the best places to travel there? I'm interested in animals (lions, elephants, and etc). Has anyone traveled to Africa, or does anyone live there?
georgekalathil
Dont forget to visit the northern African countries such as Egypt and Libya as it has a lot to offer for the tourists.
tijn01
It really depends what you want from Africa. I have only been to North and West Africa. Here, you experience Africa in a cultural way, but it is not for everyone. I loved Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon and Morocco. But these are not places to see the game parks, if you want to do that then you have to go to the touristy places in East Africa. Which I know little about.....
georgekalathil
South Africa is also a better option.......
Afaceinthematrix
tijn01 wrote:
It really depends what you want from Africa. I have only been to North and West Africa. Here, you experience Africa in a cultural way, but it is not for everyone. I loved Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon and Morocco. But these are not places to see the game parks, if you want to do that then you have to go to the touristy places in East Africa. Which I know little about.....

georgekalathil wrote:
South Africa is also a better option.......

Thanks for both of your help. I did research East Africa and South Africa and I found that I really want to visit South Africa. So maybe in a couple of years when I can save up that kind of money I'll visit there!

I was trying to find different costs of trips there and prices have varied a lot. Does anyone know about how much it would cost?
Kovsieassassins
The Kruger National Park in South Africa is one of the best in the world. Its apx the size of whales
It has the big five, And a big over population of elephants apx. 14000 elephants.

I Also read about the Serengeti Tanzania (One of the seven travel wonders in the world) It sounds great. They also have the big five but are more known for the endless plains with wildebeests and zebras imigrating.

Chris
ikuax
Hi There ,
Interesting chat though you may have traveled..I am a kenyan and I can honestly tell you for diversity and an amazing experiences East Africa is the place to be. With Masai Mara and the Great Migration being fronted as one of the new seven wonders of the world things can only get better.

SA may be more cosmopolitan and aggresive in their marketing but honestly Kenya has lots more to offer.

The catch is that airfare from Europe / States is expensive but you can get very reasonable four star accomodation.
agustin
I dont. but it is so so beautifull... my father used to live there and he told me that is a great place... good people... interesant lifestyles... definetly a good place to visit. I saw a lot of photos and it looks great.!! bunch of diferents kinds of animals... wonderfull!
vegas5
Africa is one of the wild continents but that exist, as much in fauna, flora and people. Tribes, wild animal herds the spectacular and places like the savana. One hundred percents are a recommendable place. Somebody has been, recommendations?
pathtotake
south africa would be your best bet, you dont want to go to a place thats completely wild.
south africa is (i think) the richest country in africa. so yeah go there. but erm, oh OH YEAH be careful of the uh robers hijackers murderers gangsters and such in the bad areas. and yeah youl be fine.

good luck
bangala
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
It's always been a dream of mine to travel to Africa. I would like to go there someday so I've been doing research, but want some opinions from people that have actually been there. Where are some of the best places to travel there? I'm interested in animals (lions, elephants, and etc). Has anyone traveled to Africa, or does anyone live there?

South Africa might be a good choice for you, but avoid going to cities where crimes and HIV are common.
poly
Some countries in west and central Africa are really difficult and dangerous to travel to. Civil wars and extreme poverty are the main problems. Even beautiful Madagascar is a problem because of the really dangerous Malaria tropicana they have there..
agustin
afrika is great. the cune of life. beautifull place.