FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Freelance CMS New Site

freelanceCMS
hi everyone.

We have just completed our last web design. The webpage was constructed with flash to bring about an interaction for those people who view our site, we feel as though this will make the experience more interactive other then a boring 'static' experience.

For a look at the site visit:

www.planetfreelancecms.frih.net

Also we have a new forum online, that will soon be moved to vBulletin with vBux/vPlaza modifications, but for now take alook around at:

www.forum.planetfreelancecms.frih.net

Also last but not least we have a blog online, constructed with Wordpress and modded by us, to view visit:

www.my-bl0g.info

Cheers,
Nick
{name here}
Remove the background music! That's a nono. I don't really like flash based designs especially since they aren't accessible to x64 bit Linux users, the blind, and a few other groups rather than standard HTML which every person with a web browser can access.

One tip I must give you is the shrink down the amount of forums you have until you are popular, or your site will look quite empty and nobody will post.

And you use a cookie cutter template for the last two links, possibly the first if I didn't look close enough.
m-productions
{name here} wrote:
Remove the background music! That's a nono. I don't really like flash based designs especially since they aren't accessible to x64 bit Linux users, the blind, and a few other groups rather than standard HTML which every person with a web browser can access.

One tip I must give you is the shrink down the amount of forums you have until you are popular, or your site will look quite empty and nobody will post.

And you use a cookie cutter template for the last two links, possibly the first if I didn't look close enough.

i have to totaly disagree with him, DO NOT REMOVE MUSIC!!! you need to keep that. Thats what adds the nice touch to flash sites.

ps: I love the contact form you have there ^_~
freelanceCMS
m-productions wrote:
{name here} wrote:

i have to totaly disagree with him, DO NOT REMOVE MUSIC!!! you need to keep that. Thats what adds the nice touch to flash sites.

ps: I love the contact form you have there ^_~

Yeah, i think that you are right the music adds atmosphere to the page..But i spose it comes down to personal preferences.

As for the contact form, all i can say is there are a minority of people who are flash wizards *cough cough* m-productions

Cheers for the reviews too,
Nick
Digital Thoth
Normally I'm not big on flash sites, mainly because I'm jealous that I can't make one. Yet. But, looking at yours, it's pretty neat. I mean there's no glitches that I can see, and everything's in working, visible order.

The text may be a touch too small, and the pictures a little too compressed. I didn't hear the music, since my speakers were off, so I can't give my opinion on that.

My only beef... you never say what a CMS is. You say what your organization is about, and how cool y'all are... but never really wtf CMS stands for. That irked me. What? WHAT is it?
irishmark
I like the look of the site but you have some weird colour things going on with the nav.

blue on yellow? - I'd loose the yellow and change it to maybe a darker greay.

Also the green nav down the bottom comes under the same firing line.

the yellow and blue look outof place in the colour scheme you have.
benjad
freelanceCMS wrote:

For a look at the site visit:

www.planetfreelancecms.frih.net

Even though it is all flash, i like the look of it. The music is nice, the mute button is easy to find, but it does interfere with the music I'm listening in background (but in contrast, VISTA's new software mixer is kinda nice for this problem).

Quote:

Also we have a new forum online, that will soon be moved to vBulletin with vBux/vPlaza modifications, but for now take alook around at:

www.forum.planetfreelancecms.frih.net

it's empty an unstyled... keep working on it.

Quote:

Also last but not least we have a blog online, constructed with Wordpress and modded by us, to view visit:

www.my-bl0g.info

getting "unable to connect" message. Will check later.
freelanceCMS
Quote:
My only beef... you never say what a CMS is. You say what your organization is about, and how cool y'all are... but never really wtf CMS stands for. That irked me. What? WHAT is it?

Freelance PHP was taken so we opted for the next closest name to PHP and that is CMS (Content Management Systems)..We work with Content Management Systems primarily, but if someone needs a page coded etc then we can do that too

Sorry i am sure i put that in the site somewhere...my apologies if it isnt

Cheers,
Nick
JC Denton
It's a nice site and design, but I don't really like flash-designs. HTML with CSS-design is the best in my opinions, because everybody can see them, they load quick (Your site took maybe 10sec to load) and they look nice. Also, background music is the worst thing a webpage can have. It disturbs me alot when I listen to music and have to look for the mute-button on the site etc.