FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Killing 10,000 Iraqis Every Month

joshumu
Quote:
A state-of-the-art research study published in October 12, 2006 issue of The Lancet (the most prestigious British medical journal) concluded that--as of a year ago--600,000 Iraqis had died violently due to the war in Iraq. That is, the Iraqi death rate for the first 39 months of the war was just about 15,000 per month.

That wasn't the worst of it, because the death rate was increasing precipitously, and during the first half of 2006 the monthly rate was approximately 30,000 per month, a rate that no doubt has increased further during the ferocious fighting associated with the current American surge.

"the US misadventure in Iraq is responsible [in a little over three years] for setting off the killing of twice as many civilians as Saddam managed to polish off in 25 years."

Now that what i call Iraqi Freedom.
hoodna
joshumu wrote:
Quote:
A state-of-the-art research study published in October 12, 2006 issue of The Lancet (the most prestigious British medical journal) concluded that--as of a year ago--600,000 Iraqis had died violently due to the war in Iraq. That is, the Iraqi death rate for the first 39 months of the war was just about 15,000 per month.

That wasn't the worst of it, because the death rate was increasing precipitously, and during the first half of 2006 the monthly rate was approximately 30,000 per month, a rate that no doubt has increased further during the ferocious fighting associated with the current American surge.

"the US misadventure in Iraq is responsible [in a little over three years] for setting off the killing of twice as many civilians as Saddam managed to polish off in 25 years."

Now that what i call Iraqi Freedom.

You cant beat the american way "freedom for all americans to do what ever they want wherever they want" and sod everyone else !!!!!!!
Jinx
Yes, but most of the deaths are from Iraqis killing other Iraqis, and if the US pulled out now, it wouldn't really help anything because they would still be in the middle of a nasty civil war. Of course, I'm all for pulling out our troops. If they want to kill each other off, let them, but lets get our men and women out of harm's way.
Bru, stuffce
The trouble is that the US troops aren't really helping. Sure they provide a common enemy, but they also contribute their own fair share of war crimes.

This bullshit about "Staying the course" is pure politics. Bush knows that he and his gang of mass-murders would be admitting that they really screwed up badly, rather than continuing the current line for the gullible, that the US has a duty to help the Iraqis who are victims of the same people who attacked the WTC.

The fact that none of the Iraqis had anything to do with that is irrelevant. If Americans were to dumb to spot the error before they killed hundreds of thousands of people, they are still too dumb tospot their mistake now.
joshumu
Its true that the vast majority of death is not dished out by our troops. The point is we put them in the situation where the chances of violent death are extremely higher then they ever were under Saddam. And yes, there is a good chance that pulling out would make things whats worse. I'm not saying put out. I'm saying the people that put us and them in this situation, using lies and the worst of intentions, should be held responsible. Thats both government and corporation; and tax payer if we want to be realistic about it. Because doing nothing in a period of repressive violence, is itself a form of violence.
Reximus
Hey, whats the point of killing 10 000 of them every month?

Do they kill someone that hasent done anything wrong just someone walking around the street? or do they kill the army/navy people.

thats so gay really i mean killing people for nothing just cause there on the enemy's country.
roboguyspacedude
Wow, that is a lot of dead Iraqis. Of course if we hadn't entered the war at all there would be no casualties.
smarter
joshumu wrote:
Its true that the vast majority of death is not dished out by our troops. The point is we put them in the situation where the chances of violent death are extremely higher then they ever were under Saddam. And yes, there is a good chance that pulling out would make things whats worse. I'm not saying put out. I'm saying the people that put us and them in this situation, using lies and the worst of intentions, should be held responsible. Thats both government and corporation; and tax payer if we want to be realistic about it. Because doing nothing in a period of repressive violence, is itself a form of violence.

You forget that Saddam could have stopped this war if he complied with UN (not US) demands.

Of course, the Americans got wrong-footed but let's judge the Iraq War and its outcome after 10-20 years.

PS: That reminds me of the French Revolution of 1789. Idealism and good intentions started it but in the next years, more than 1 million Frenchmen died violently in direct consequence. In spite of the usual excesses and Napoleon, the average citizen got a better life.
EanofAthenasPrime
Well the US destroyed the Trade Center if u don't believe me go see my topic, and I think the 100,000 deaths was a bit exagerated but really the Iraq war is dragging on forever imagine if the us went to war with CHina! it would be a 50 year WW3!
jwellsy
At 10,000 a month how much longer could they possibly last?