FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Portal

Packfan104L4
October 9th in the Orange Box

Buy It. Not for HL2:EP2 (which is also a plus) or Team Fortress 2, but for Portal itself.

Portal is teh god.
Nutteloos
I honeslty don't know. Portal is like, one of those games that fuels the anti-gaming community. Manhunt is also one of them. I've never played either, but from what I can tell, the game (Portal) is just about killing stuff and, well... that's it. Oh yeah, you can pee on corpses, drench them in gasoline and light it, too.

I'm not sure I like the concept, really.

EDIT: apologies, wrong game. Embarassed
Packfan104L4
Nutteloos wrote:
I honeslty don't know. Portal is like, one of those games that fuels the anti-gaming community. Manhunt is also one of them. I've never played either, but from what I can tell, the game (Portal) is just about killing stuff and, well... that's it. Oh yeah, you can pee on corpses, drench them in gasoline and light it, too.

I'm not sure I like the concept, really.

Ummmm, I don't know what game YOU'RE talking about, but it's clearly not the same one. Portal is a puzzle-type game based in the Half-Life universe. Go look it up in Gamespot or IGN. It's NOTHING like Manhunt...
jipmerite
I have not played either of those games but sounds like they are of the FPS genere.. I have played some of them like Half Life but now-a-days i prefer games that make me use more of my brain than my index finger... like chess
Nutteloos
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Ummmm, I don't know what game YOU'RE talking about, but it's clearly not the same one. Portal is a puzzle-type game based in the Half-Life universe. Go look it up in Gamespot or IGN. It's NOTHING like Manhunt...

Oh wait, I got it confused with Postal. I'm very sorry. Portal actually sounds like a pretty cool game... If I'd play HL2 I'd certainly give it a try.
Klaw 2
looooooool mixed portal with postal Laughing

i just HAVE TO GET the orange box i am waiting for 4 games half life ep 2, portal and halo 3.
im looking forward to the complex puzzels in portal.

i have watched all the movies of it on ign (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/842/842671/vids_1.html)

and i really want to play that game too.
Agent ME
Can't wait to try Portal - I'm going to get the "Orange Box" for 360.

Who came up with the name "Orange Box"?! They should just call it the Half-Life 2 package or something.
Packfan104L4
Used to be the Black box ( Ep 2, Ports and TF2) and the Orange Box, but lack of interest just left us with the Orange Box, which I'm fine with since I only beat the original HL2 on my bro's comp in record time
gtherockgod
Portal does look cool but i dunno, i tend to find puzzle games like that get repetitive and monotonous after a while. All I really want is HL2: Ep2.
Packfan104L4
gtherockgod wrote:
Portal does look cool but i dunno, i tend to find puzzle games like that get repetitive and monotonous after a while. All I really want is HL2: Ep2.

That's why user built content will be an amazing addition to the game.
gibbo
i think portal will be quite fun but i dont know how long the fun will last for though but overall i think it looks kinda cool, and i will get it
Packfan104L4
The 49.99 pricepoint for the PC is much better than the 59.99 pricepoint for consoles (Those are in USD of course).

Basically, it's up in the air to us where this game is going to go. If user response is extremely positive, Valve has said that they would create a Portal 2, and possibly even go as far as incorporating the portal gun into HL:EP3. I'm looking forward to the user based content when they release the production package a month after initial release. From previous games, user based puzzle levels can create AWESOME puzzles and fun. There's always going to be a "stunt" level produced also, to see how far the physics of the game can be pushed.
gtherockgod
Packfan104L4 wrote:
gtherockgod wrote:

That's why user built content will be an amazing addition to the game.

even so, i think to me personally it would get old pretty fast. I still dunno about spending 50-60+ (Canadian pricing) when all i reallllly want is Episode 2.