FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


could this be bad?





Srs2388
I work 8 hours a day... (get up at 5 am get home at 3pm)
... then i go out and don't get in ti'll like 1... and I don't really eat a lot b/c I am tired and the lunch break at work is only 20 mins.
could this be bad for my health?
because I am starting to feel like shi**.... a few nights ago i had a panic attack.
is that my body trying to tell me to slow down or something?
HDirtwater
You shouldn't be asking this question here. You should be asking a doctor. The responses you will get will contain lots of opinions, but none based in fact. There are not very many physicians on this board, if any at all.

IMHO, you are killing yourself with that schedule. Four hours of sleep, non-stop work, and then out all night is not healthy at all.
Liu
Is this a rhetorical question?
m-productions
HDirtwater wrote:
You shouldn't be asking this question here. You should be asking a doctor. The responses you will get will contain lots of opinions, but none based in fact. There are not very many physicians on this board, if any at all.

IMHO, you are killing yourself with that schedule. Four hours of sleep, non-stop work, and then out all night is not healthy at all.


You dont need to be a physician/doctor to know that this is not healthy. Theres no opinion about it.. thats like 6th grade health knowledge.

You body NEEDS sleep, for every hour of sleep, your body recovers (ruffly) 2 hours that your body was awake (been a long time sense i studied any kind of health, please correct me there if im wrong). But the body NEEDs sleep, and this is another FACT, sleeping for 4 hours... really does your body no good at all. until you enter the .. (cant think of the name) rim cycle ..(is that what its called) your body wont regain the energy it needs fully, and you dont enter this until around 6-8 hours of sleep. <-- last part of information seems ot be incorrect after reading on it (like i said, its been a long time) (tho you do need more than 4 hours, the part about the rem cycle was wrong, read this)
Sleeping information

And then about not eating... do I even need to say anything about that? your body cant get energy without food, your brain wont be able to work correctly.....
Srs2388
well to stay awake at work i just chug energy drinks on the 20 minute lunch break... because the break room is FAR from my machine that i work on.. so i don't really have the time.
I can't really tell my friends no... ya know?
missdixy
This definitely doesn't seem like a healthy lifestyle to me. You should really be getting some more sleep. I suggest you see a doctor.
Bondings
There are some people that only need around 4 hours of sleep, but that's very rare and since you are very tired because of it, this isn't the case here.

I know that it isn't easy to say no to your friends, but if you continue like this you'll start to get serious health problems and might not be able to go out anyway. What about only going out that late when you don't have to wake up so early, like in the weekend?
[FuN]goku
man thats a crazy schedule... though i shouldnt really talk i suppose... sometimes in the summer im up till 3:00 am and sleep till 3:00 pm so.. but i get alot more sleep.... though i suppose its not healthy to sleep that long either.... and when i have school im up till 2:00 am and wake up at 7:25 am and ill usually have a nap when i get home.... errmmm.... you should probably eat, thats probly a major factor in all this.... it happens to me when i go to school.. if i dont eat breakfast it screws me up... cuz i dont eat at school(cafteria sucks and prices too high) and mosly all i have at school is... a minimum of 1 bottle of diet pepsi,... sometimes 2 and maybe a bag of sunchips....but even if i eat breakfast im still usually hungry and feel really exhausted when i get home... and.... maybe... dont go out so late????? man i wouldnt be out that late with my friends..... id be home around 10:00 pm so i could have some computer time..... if i dont have that.. i go crazy Razz
Srs2388
Yeah we go out on Friday's sometimes and Saturday's sometimes.
like i have a few girls i always ride with... then my other friends too and they all ask me "dude come hang out with us!!"
me being nice... will say "aight be there later"
I'm getting some multi vitamins to help me deal with not eating 3 meals a day.
and this will be the last sunday i do this on..
it makes me sooooo tired and sleepy and im all
shaky I don't know why though?
laura was asking me why im so shaky i couldn't tell her >_<
because even I don't know
darvit
The fact that you are even asking this question means that deep down, you know that there's something wrong with your lifestyle. You know it.

You have to tell your friends and get help ASAP. Multivitamins aren't any good at all, you know.
Hammy
Srs2388 wrote:
well to stay awake at work i just chug energy drinks on the 20 minute lunch break... because the break room is FAR from my machine that i work on.. so i don't really have the time.
I can't really tell my friends no... ya know?


You say you work on a machine.. I dont know wat work u do, but i dont think i need to tell you that Tiredness can cause an accident. I wont lay out any facts about concentration when tired against awake, but ever thought bout how one day it could affect you too bad and cause an accident?

Get more sleep.
Srs2388
yeah I run a giet at a factory.
... I'm seriously thinking about changing my lifestyle now in this past month i have had 3 random
"attacks"
not really sure what they are but I have to wait more time before the insurance at my work place kicks in.
ratfungus
Srs2388 wrote:
I work 8 hours a day... (get up at 5 am get home at 3pm)
... then i go out and don't get in ti'll like 1... and I don't really eat a lot b/c I am tired and the lunch break at work is only 20 mins.
could this be bad for my health?
because I am starting to feel like shi**.... a few nights ago i had a panic attack.
is that my body trying to tell me to slow down or something?

I'm guessing from the language you use that you're from the US (I'm from Scotland which probably has the worst health record of any developed country and where alcohol abuse and violence are at epidemic levels). Wherever you're from, is only a 20 minute lunch break legal? That is totally a secondary issue however. To be blunt and to the point, anyone knows that what you're talking about is very bad for your health. Even if you're not drinking alcohol, this lifestyle would take a lot of time off your life expectancy. If alcohol (or drugs to 'keep you going', or both!!) are also part of the mix then it's a recipe for early death. Sleep deprivation is used by many countries' military for interrogation because it is so effective. You're using sleep deprivation on yourself. This alone will have serious consequences on your health - unless you change. The liver is probably the most regenerative internal organ in the body and can recover from massive abuse - but not if it continues year after year. The only surprises here are 1. that you're only now starting to feel like shit and 2. that you really had to ask the question when you already know the answer. If you don't want your family and friends weeping over your untimely demise - wise up. I hope this sound blunt and brutal and shocks you. It's meant to and I hope it has a positive effect. As Mr Spock would say - Live long and prosper (at least I hope you will).
mjohnson
I am a surgeon, your work time is not a problem.but you should relax youself,I think so.
Srs2388
I'm from the U.S... yeah I do drink very little... i take xanax and stuff to relax (seldomly) hardly ever and pain killers because I have a bad knee Confused lol I am falling apart.
I'm just not used to working yet... I should get used to it all.
Thanks for all the replies.
I had NO idea it was that bad I thought I was just tired i didn't know it was to the point of shortening life. Shocked
ratfungus
Srs2388 wrote:
I'm from the U.S... yeah I do drink very little... i take xanax and stuff to relax (seldomly) hardly ever and pain killers because I have a bad knee Confused lol I am falling apart.
I'm just not used to working yet... I should get used to it all.
Thanks for all the replies.
I had NO idea it was that bad I thought I was just tired i didn't know it was to the point of shortening life. Shocked
It's good that you at least asked the question. Many people abuse their body and think everything will be OK. Some people do 'get away with it' for decades. But the type of lifestyle you're talking about will have a very detrimental effect on quality of life, on relationships and on life expectancy. It's good that you don't abuse alcohol in addition. Government figures, according to a TV documentary show yesterday, say that liver damage (I think mainly sclerosis - but also liver cancers) have increased in the UK by 922% (yes nine hundred and twenty two percent) in the last 30 years. The violence and injuries that go along with that have also rocketed. Every A&E (ER) unit has posters saying zero tolerance regarding assaults on staff. The message they're trying to put across here is enjoy alcohol responsibly - a good message. Most people in the US probably have no idea about alcohol abuse in Scotland. You can't buy it legally until 21 in most states (I believe?). Many kids here (and this is no exaggeration) start abusing alcohol from 11 years old. Many teenagers of 13, 14 and 15 regularly get pissed every weekend and this, in turn, leads to them doing it during the week also. Hence the almost unbelievable stats on liver damage. Anyway - you don't abuse alcohol but for the benefit of those others who might read this - it's a salutary warning. Alcohol is a very powerful drug - and it is a drug. It can cause damage to growing organs more readily than it can to fully developed organs (although it can cause fatal damage at any stage). So one important reason why the legal age for buying alcohol here is 18 is that the organs are (more or less) fully developed and there is less damage done to these fully developed organs by any given amount of alcohol. However, these things are never really taught at school. And the maxim of don't drink because you're not allowed to until you're 18 (without any explanation where this seemingly arbitrary 18 figure comes from) doesn't help. Getting back to you, see if you can get any treatment for your knee. I know it's difficult in the US because med treatment must be paid for by the patient or by insurance. However, if treatment can help alleviate some of the pain - great. Taking any drug long term - whether it's a painkiller or not - can also cause long term side effects. Also if you have a drug masking pain and you therefore don't know you're in pain - you can end up doing something that could make your knee worse and wouldn't notice until the painkiller wears off and you've then added to the knee problem. I used to drink far too much (mainly when I was in the army) and my body has many pains from participating in Ju-Jitsu for many years - so I'm not talking here without some experiece of life and its' perils. I hope you can get some help with the knee.
outofnicks
Your problem is not just lack of sleep. You really need to eat better, your body needs continual nourishment to rebuid itself. You can't enjoy life without being healthy. The longer you go on like this, the worse it will get and the harder it will be to get out of that mess. You don't necessarily need three square meals a day, one is better than eating crap from vending machines or greasy burgers and chips at a bar--that's just a wild guess on my part, I could be totally wrong.
If you ate just beans, brocolli, and rice every day for a month or two, you would probably feel better than you do now!
explosive
in usa u always eat fast food etc... and so that... important percentage he of your people is obez...
not eating ,making 2 meal doesnt make u fit or loose weight ... u have to eat something healty,eat fruits instead of taking vitamin tablets... and have to make exercise... must shake your body before it shakes u..
c'tair
Drinking any sort of energy drink long term isnt healthy, and missing meals too. Healthy eating means eating at the same, more or less, hours of the days and eating enough but not too much. Read it somewhere, but dont remember the source sadly: "Eat. Not too much. Mostly vegetables. Drink." I try to follow that, works good. Its usually, fi yuo feel like shit, tired and all, something aint right, either youre not sleeping, drinking or eating properly. It all sums up to that. Or atleast thats what my high school knowledge tells me.
mikakiev
explosive wrote:
in usa u always eat fast food etc... and so that... important percentage he of your people is obez...
not eating ,making 2 meal doesnt make u fit or loose weight ... u have to eat something healty,eat fruits instead of taking vitamin tablets... and have to make exercise... must shake your body before it shakes u..

Give yourself a rest
winmark
If the above comments were not helpful. Here's one from my side.

Before being trying to be nice with everybody, try to be nice with your body. Eight hour working is no problem, neither is not eating a lot. But you need to SLEEP for at least 7 - 8 hours.
mikakiev
I hope you tried to sleep more and your health is improved.I am running into a lack of sleep as well Sad
mrcool
Health is Wealth...our body needs 8 hours of sleep to gain more energy for tomorrows another day of work.
mikakiev
everyone has got his own need in sleep,some people are perfectly OK sleeping 4-5 hrs and others need at least 9.Its all individual.
deanhills
Srs2388 wrote:
I work 8 hours a day... (get up at 5 am get home at 3pm)
... then i go out and don't get in ti'll like 1... and I don't really eat a lot b/c I am tired and the lunch break at work is only 20 mins.
could this be bad for my health?
because I am starting to feel like shi**.... a few nights ago i had a panic attack.
is that my body trying to tell me to slow down or something?


Well it probably depends what brought the panic attack on? Something must have upset you greatly, and you reacted to it. If it was a horrific upset, maybe the panic attack was justified? People do get upset. But if you react in this way habitually, perhaps you need to take a closer look at your lifestyle. Think somewhere there is research that says the period between 11:00 p.m. through to early in the morning is the most important time for rest and healing of the physical body. So perhaps this should be a good starting point, together with a light early supper, regular exercise and a balanced diet that is tailor made for you.
driftingfe3s
I've been on a simlar schedule latley becuase of final exams and final projects and only having between three to five hours of sleep a night. Now my sleep schedule is all screwed up and I feel weak when I am awake and I have trouble focusing and not to mention I think I'm comming down with a cold. There has been many sudies showing that lack of sleep causes weakening of the immune system. And if you are not eating much that compounds the effects. A lot of processes go on in our brains when we sleep, and maybe your lack of sleep is screwing those processes up and could be giving you those panic attacks. Do your self a favor and sleep earlier.
mikakiev
You really need a good sleep.
Related topics
Counter strike
bad news and very bad news
10 Reasons You Know You Bought a Bad Computer
Why my site and cpanel display Bandwidth Limit Exceeded?
Q: Why are women so bad at mathematics?
A photo while i had a very bad wearher with my ship
al-Qaida leader in Saudi killed, Good News or Bad News
Bad ping time, what happen to frihost?
NBA LIVE 2006
BAD SITES
Bad Ginger Bread Men
Microsoft set to test security software
File sharing, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
school? bad or good?
Babies for sale on eBay tentacle
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Health and Beauty

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.