FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Switching Domains

MadeinIndia
Hi,

I have a few domains with me. In one of my domain, If I have installed a forum software and now I want the same program to be working for another domain instead of the previous domain, can I do anything instead of reinstalling the whole thing in the other domain directory?
m-productions
Ok, before you do this, (if you using phpBB) You need to go to the admin panel and make sure that you switched its domain. If you dont before you switch it, you will have a hard time trying to set it to its new domain.

Go to your DirectAdmin account, go to File Manager. Then, select your forum folder (check the box next to the folder). then at the bottom right click "add to clipboard" then move to its new location and hit "Move Clipboard files here"
soulery
I know It's possible, because ISA did it with the ISA community because it used to be Idiotstudios.net instead of isamedia.org. Although I'm not sure how they did it. maybe you should try http://ask.com or a good search engine
Bondings
In DirectAdmin, you can easily change the domain name in "Domain Setup". However, the settings in the software you use will most likely have to be changed, it is in the settings (settings.php file or in settings table or similar) changing the previous to the new url.
MadeinIndia
Thanks so much. It was so simple but I was racking my brains how to do it! Haha! I must say that the support forum here is one of the best on the Internet! Thanks again Bondings!