FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your experiences. Frihost rules.

biljap
Hi!

I have to work on my final exam project and I hope I can use FriHost to test my PHP pages. I have some doubts about what I can do here…

1. As I already have a website, if I change the purpose of it do I have to submit a new description of website, like the one I gave when I was asking for web hosting?

2. How reliable is to use databases at Frihost? What are your experiences?

3. Am I allowed to create RSS and something like WAP portal?

Thanks!!
tidruG
1. Currently, there's no provision for doing that. If you want to change your subdomain, then you will have to provide a good reason for it.

2. In my experience, Frihost has been reliable. We've only had one crash a long time ago on server 1 which wiped out a lot of information. However, backups were taken and restored after some days.

3. I think this should be ok, as long as you're not doing anything illegal or resource-intensive.
ChrisCh
tidruG wrote:
2. In my experience, Frihost has been reliable. We've only had one crash a long time ago on server 1 which wiped out a lot of information. However, backups were taken and restored after some days.
And one major crash on server 2, so make sure you keep a backup of all of your files - especially if they're for an exam! Very Happy
mOrpheuS
ChrisCh wrote:
so make sure you keep a backup of all of your files - especially if they're for an exam! Very Happy

That, infact, is always advisable - even if your host has a 100% uptime SLA.

Miracles and mishaps - do happen.