FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreaming of Life (?!)

the Civilian
Well, it's odd, I'm 16, and I've been thinking a lot about how I want my life to be. I don't think I'm the only one who does this, but the more I look around, the more I see people around me behaving recklessly (underage drinking, minor drug involvement, lack of interest in studies), the more I begin to think that I am the only one who cares about my future enough to work hard today.

As anyone would like to, I'd like to have a fulfilling job with a good pay Wink, so far my latest and longest ambition has been to become a graphic artist, which I am still really into. I want to live somewhere deeper in London, with the heart of things, and work for an agency for a few years then become self-reliant. Then perhaps I might begin thinking about a family Smile but I really don't know when I will meet someone to do this with.

Anyway, those are my plans, yeah, I am a bit odd I suppose... I doubt anyone thinks about their future as much as me. I guess it's just dreaming, I am not taking direct steps to be this dream, so much as sticking to the rules (mainly) and keeping on the straight and narrow.

I'd like to hear from Frihosters; are you in your teens like me? Do you find yourself dreaming of your future life? Or do you tend to take things as they happen? Older posters Smile, you have plenty of life experience. What is best to do: plan your future or wait for your future?
internetjobs
what a big story?
azbuky
Hmm...sorry to disappoint you, but you're not the only one Smile
lots of people think about and envision the future, but not many transform it into reality..

I mean, maybe lots of people have thought of something like Harry Potter, but only J.K Rolling wrote it Very Happy

I think the best thing to do is to think how you want your future to be, take some concrete steps into that direction (like in your case take graphic courses, draw as much as you can, observe nature as much as you can to develop your eye-sensitivity etc.), but also be open to surprises and the unknown.
To be balanced is the hardest thing to co. People either plan too much and are too rigid, or don't plan anything, live the moment and don't accomplish much because of this.

So, dream your future but be open to surprises. That's the fun of life...
nhuabo
I am a college student in China,and will graduate from college one year later.
I don't know if I will find a good job.
But I promise I will do my best effort.
A life with dream is great,it give you hope every time you think of it.
I have dream with me for a long time....

What is the best job for a computer student?
turbowolf
My friend, I am also come from China. I just get my doctoral degree and now I get my first job in a college. The college is not a 211 one. But the payment is well. So I am satisfied with my first job. This is just a beginning. The life is not easy and we will meet with a lot of difficulties in each stage. But I think the man who trust himself will conquer every difficulties he meets.

nhuabo wrote:
I am a college student in China,and will graduate from college one year later.
I don't know if I will find a good job.
But I promise I will do my best effort.
A life with dream is great,it give you hope every time you think of it.
I have dream with me for a long time....

What is the best job for a computer student?