FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sprint support...

sandyclaus
Anyone see this:

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9739869-7.html

It reminds me of GEnie back in the day. They started bumping customers who used the unlimited service too much.

I wonder if I can charge them an early termination fee. Wink

-sandy

Please use quote tags when copying and pasting wrote:
A snippit from the article:

"July 5, 2007 10:45 AM PDT
Sprint breaks up with high-maintenance customers
Posted by Marguerite Reardon
The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease.

At least not if the squeaky wheel is a Sprint Nextel customer. On June 29, 2007, Sprint sent letters notifying some customers that their service would be canceled by the end of July due to excessive calls to customer service.

"Our records indicate that over the past year, we have received frequent calls from you regarding your billing or other general account information," the letter reads. "While we have worked to resolve your issues and questions to the best of our ability, the number of inquiries you have made to us during this time has led us to determine that we are unable to meet your current wireless needs."

"Therefore after careful consideration, the decision has been made to terminate your wireless service agreement effective July 30, 2007."
rheanna
lol and I have sprint...guess I won't be calling customer support..
Bones
I wouldn't be surprised to see more companies start to do this. I worked for Microsoft for 3 years doing tech support, and currently work for a major US ISP doing tech support. The difference is nothing short of amazing. With the free support that is offered, you get many people who call in time and time and time again for the dumbest things.

Hey if the calls are legit, as in there is a mistake in your bill every month, then power to you, but if you are calling internet support once a week because your pc is filled with spyware, well, learn to use your pc properly. It isn't our responsibility to teach you.