FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 Cutter

nivinjoy
Hi friends i had a Nokia 6600 mobile phone.The phone supports ringtones in MIDI format and WAV format.But it did not support ringtones in MP3 format.But now i have bought a brand new Sony Ericsson K800i phone which supports ringtones in MP3 format.

Now i will come to the subject.When i had Nokia 6600 i used to first of all convert a MP3 song into WAV format and then used to cut the required part using the ordinary windows voice recorder.That is i used to delete the unwanted portions.But now i want the ringtones to be in MP3 format.The windows voice recorder does not allow to play or edit a MP3 song.So what i want now is a MP3 cutter to have only the required portion from the song.

So you guys who knows a good MP3 cutter available.Good in the sense it should not compress the output file,it should be user friendly and simple in use.It may also contain an internal file convertor along with it.
Clever_As_Sin
You may use mp3DirectCut for that purpose (search google for download link or official website). It does not recompress file, but works directly with mp3 data. It allows you to normalize (amplify silent tracks), regain(chainge volume without recompressing) and to cut any fragment you need. Try it.
bukaida
For only mp3, try this
1)ImTOO WMA MP3 Converter v2.1.63.0615
2)Absolute MP3 Splitter 2.6.3

For all purpose-
the best encoding, decoding and playing software for multimedia files.................

suppoerts conversion both"from" and "to" of the following multimedia formats......

3gp/3g2(Nokia,Siemens,Sony,Ericsson) asf, avi (DivX,H263,H263+,H264,XviD,MPEG4,MSmpeg4 etc..), dat,
fli, flc, flv (used in Flash), mkv, mpg (Mpeg I,Mpeg II), mov(H263,H263+,H264,MPEG4 etc..), mp4(H263,H263+,H264,MPEG4), ogg,
qt, rm, ram, rmvb, str (Play Station), swf (Flash), ts (HDTV), viv, vob, wmv
- Audio format: aac, ac3, amr, mmf, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, ogg, ra, wav, wma
- AviSynth Script Files: avs. Let you specify advanced encoding commands using AviSynth scripts!
http://updat3.free.fr/9A98AC9A04E5AD3ABABAB4FF/SUPERsetup.exe

its a freeware........................... enjoy!!!!!!!!!
jackill
Try to use Audacity portable: http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/audacity_portable

It's highly propable, that You will also need Lame, so dload it here: http://lame.sourceforge.net/index.php

In audacity select desired fragment, reverse selection, delete it, and file->export to mp3 Smile It's simple.