FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think of this domain name - broadkast.net

tidruG
Not too recently, I purchased a domain. It's www.broadkast.net (Don't try going there, because there's nothing there yet). I misspelt broadkast on purpose, by the way.

What I wanted to ask is...

1. What do you think of it?
2. What kind of website comes to your mind the moment you hear that URL?
3. If you had a lot of money, how much would you pay for that domain?
SonLight
1. I think it's a great name. Of course you will have some problems with people typing it with a c, but you can minimize that with a slogan like -- "BroadKast, with a K".

2. A media site, probably TV but maybe internet radio.

3. I don't know much about the market value of domains, but surely well into the thousands.

I hope you are successful with the site. Maybe you can rent it out as a directory of internet radio sites while you're waiting for a good offer on it.
saratdear
I have to agree with SonLight on this one.

1. Misspelling words on purpose, like a 'k' instead of a 'c', always seems "kool" Smile . SO, I think this domain name is quite good.
2. My first impression would be of a internet radio station. It just seems the perfect one for it.
3. I am not too sure of this one, as I am not an expert, but I guess it would be worth more if you develop it properly.

Regards,
saratdear

P.S. "Soon" is a highly relative word, huh? Smile
tidruG
hmm... to be honest, I have absolutely no idea how to run an internet radio website. If someone can suggest where/how I can rent it out as a directory or if someone wants to help me develop it in any way, don't hesitate to contact me.

PS: yes, "soon" is a highly relative word... the site will be launched as soon as I make something for it Razz
saratdear
Oh, there is one software; I found it after Googling about this. It is called Pirate Radio. But the problem is, it costs $30.

Some of the other links I found regarding I subject :-

From the Microsoft website,

From the about.com website - http://radio.about.com/library/weekly/aa013003c.html

From the e-how website

Hope this helps you in some way. Razz
tidruG
Thanks for the links, I will read up tomorrow (Sunday). But my original intention was not to have a radio broadcasting site there. But I'm open to any and all ideas... do keep them pouring in.
Urban
It's cool, when I read it I thought of the slogan of Youtube "Broadcast Yourself"

Youtube.. Surprised

To be honest I wouldn't buy it because I don't want to make a radio/video or media related website..
tidruG
Quote:
To be honest I wouldn't buy it because I don't want to make a radio/video or media related website.

It need not be a radio/video or media related website at all. Think of what else you could put on it.
darvit
--I like how you mispelled it. It definitely is very easy to remember, especially if you emphasized the "k" [e.g. www.broadkast.net]. Razz

--It sounds like a media website to me. Things that come to mind are either news, internet radio, video footage, opinion blogs, or podcasts.

--I don't know the prices for domains, but as saratdear said, if you pull this off, I'm sure that this would go up to the thousands.

Good luck!
Hogwarts
I think it's a great domain!

It could certainly be used for online radio - perhaps even online tv streaming! Or perhaps a site people could podkast on! Smile

Or, you could use it as a front for a KDE-based internet radio(/tv Smile) streaming website - As practically everything to do with KDE has a k :p

It's a great domain in my opinion - so anyway you develop it, it should be great! Smile
tidruG
Well, what I originally had in mind for that domain is to have a website on which I will have multiple blogs written by some people whose writing skills I'm mighty impressed by. There will also be regular guest sections and user-submitted content. The idea is to broadkast your thoughts, opinions and writing skills for the entire world. As for streaming media or internet radio or podkasting... to be honest, I've never worked with any of those, so for me, it would probably be a very steep learning curve, and an incredibly slow process too.