FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Married or not?

tijn01
How many of you are married?
If not do you want to get married?
And most importantly why do you want to get married?
SyncM
Im not maryed yet but hopr to be married soon, we have been engaged for two years now. Money and time has stopp the marriage for a time now
mike_phi
mmm Same here, not yet married yet engaged for 2 years, my main problem has been time and distance between me and my family, every time I think of planning a wedding with my fiance´ we start by trying to figure out how are we going to co-ordinate my family and freinds as the live about 15 000 km away from my fiance and I.

but hopfully will manage to sort everything out soon

cheers
sonicsight
I am about to get married on the 8/13/07, we've been engaged for about 12 years, and we've planned alot, we had a our first kid at the year 7th, on the 10th, Very pretty kid. but very anooying lol, but i love her, To tell you the fact, Never marry a woman with bossy manners.
InsanePL
I am not married amd currently i dont even have a girlfriend.
Yes I want to marry. Why ?
Because life is boring without your partner. I know there are a lot of good sides, You can go to party and dalliance with girls but it`s getting boring.
molif
yes i want to marry her after i established my career.. hopefully in another 7-8 years..
apple
I am not married.
Have been engaged for just over a year now tho.
I'm looking forward to getting married as he makes me whole. Smile
ThornsOfSorrow
I'm not married (I'm too young to be married anyway), and as of right now, I'm planning to stay that way. I can be a bit obsessive-compulsive sometimes, enough so that I wouldn't be able to live with another person for any long period of time. I do everything a certain way, and if someone screws it up even a little, I end up getting distressed. I know that most people adjust their lifestyles to get along with their partner, but I don't think I'd be able to do that.
molif
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
I'm not married (I'm too young to be married anyway), and as of right now, I'm planning to stay that way. I can be a bit obsessive-compulsive sometimes, enough so that I wouldn't be able to live with another person for any long period of time. I do everything a certain way, and if someone screws it up even a little, I end up getting distressed. I know that most people adjust their lifestyles to get along with their partner, but I don't think I'd be able to do that.

as least you are being sensible and don intend to hurt another person since you know your weakness
Coclus
I m not married because I m too young for that, at least in my country..
tingkagol
I'm 25.

Maybe at 30+. Not the immediate future.
KronikSindrome
- is not married -

Personaly, I would have a ceremony but legally would never get married.

I think that if you are comitted to someone, devote yourself to them
and them alone, and intend to be with them for the rest of this
lifetime....you're already pretty much married.

Love can exist without marridge, but maridge can't without love.

Wink
molif
KronikSindrome wrote:

Love can exist without marridge, but maridge can't without love.

Wink

good point. love is the most important of it all..
Flarkis
Well i am FAR to young to get married. But i do intend on it in the future. Supposing i dont break up with my girlfriend or i find someone else who i would be willing to spend the rest of my life with. I would probably get engaged in my 20's somewhere but i wouldn't consider marriage until i was able to get my life into a level of control.
urbanbuddha
I'm not married yet. Although I am currently in a long term relationship, marriage is too soon for us (we both think we're too young and would like to graduate from university and get jobs before thinking of marriage). I don't want to rush into something without having a stable income to support it. XD
molif
urbanbuddha wrote:
I'm not married yet. Although I am currently in a long term relationship, marriage is too soon for us (we both think we're too young and would like to graduate from university and get jobs before thinking of marriage). I don't want to rush into something without having a stable income to support it. XD

it's crazy to get married while still in schoool! that's what i think. establish myself first then marry her..
rheanna
tijn01 wrote:

Not me

HECK NO, "CHEAPER BEING SINGLE"

I'll save more money. Marriage is over-rated unless you have a kid with the guy. If not then "Love don't last forever rule will exist". If you have a child together your more proned into staying with each other rather then wandering off. lol
ablezious
Hi guys, i am an unmarried guy. But seriously speaking i want to marry soon. Cause i want someone to know me that i will coming back to home soon as soon as i can make put after the all day long.

thank you.
gibbo
i would like to get married to my girlfriend katie as soon as we have enough money e.t.c
Subsonic Sound
Honestly, now I'm just trying to pick the right time to propose to my girlfriend. Time's not right now, but I think it's coming up. I can't wait... I'm almost certain she'll say yes, but it's still nerve-racking!
molif
Subsonic Sound wrote:
Honestly, now I'm just trying to pick the right time to propose to my girlfriend. Time's not right now, but I think it's coming up. I can't wait... I'm almost certain she'll say yes, but it's still nerve-racking!

i know that feeling. but i am not proposing yet.. Very Happy
DeiviD
I'm married (for 5 years already) and i got a sooooo cute daughter Smile
bri4n5
I'm not married, but i have a girlfriend for almost 8 years, we're waiting for havin' enough money to get married Smile
bdfuns
Actually, marriege is a vital content for a person in this world. Do you know what does it means "Marriege"???
My knowlegde says that; Marriege is a result of human nature.
Am i right or not???
We need marriege for complete our general needs.
i will also marry in very early future.
please pray for me.....
thank you... Cool
kerryworkman
tijn01 wrote:

Looks like I am in the minority so far. I am married and, have been for two years now, but my wife and I have been together for almost 10 years now and have a 4 year old son. I personally think marriage is an outdated idea and is only really necessary for paperwork and tax breaks .... People no longer hold the bonds of holy matrimony as sacred. Any more divorce is becomming as common and normal then breaking up with someone after the first date. If the love and commitment is not there to begin with, you should not try to secure your relationship with a pice of meaningless paper. Take it for what it is worth, not much....
Afaceinthematrix
The only point I see to getting married is that it's economical. Where I live you get tax deductions if you're married, and having a wife brings two incomes in, not just one. So I'll probably get married someday.
Persephone
yes im still single .. and im proud of it!! hehehe
Laughing
friuser
I'm single and proud of it.

I think married people with kids are the most selfish people in the world. I say this because how many of them want their children to be something and than disown them if they don't turn out the way they are suppose to. They are also condescending and rude. I mean how many singles pay a larger share of taxes, especially for children they may never have. count all the birthdays and whatever you have to go to.

Guess I got overexcited but being single gets the raw deal all the time.
balticJay
friuser wrote:

I think married people with kids are the most selfish people in the world. I say this because how many of them want their children to be something and than disown them if they don't turn out the way they are suppose to. They are also condescending and rude. I mean how many singles pay a larger share of taxes, especially for children they may never have. count all the birthdays and whatever you have to go to.

i'm not married but i do have three children and i would be lying if i said i didn't want my children to do well at school and hopefully go on to college but if they didn't i certainly wouldn't disown them i love them with all my heart and at the end of the day as long as they had their health and where happy i would be happy too, and if they had any knocks in life i would be the first in line to help them back up!
ps: at the end of the day its your choice to go to their parties or buy a present noone elses!
to get back to the question
i'm not married but i have been with my partner for 10 years.
would i like to get married ...i'm not sure to be honest i'm quite happy with the way things are just now.
kerryworkman
friuser wrote:

I hear what you are trying to say, but making open ended statements about a whole group of people like that is bound to upset someone. Especially since you could not possibly know every married couple with children in the world, at least not well enough to judge them like that.
I will tell you honestly for me there is only one thing I really want my child to be; healthy enough to perhaps find some of the joys and even sorrows the world has to offer. I don't believe that anyone is supposed to be anything other than what they are. Being a parent dosen't give you the right to force someone, including your own child to be what you want them to be. I will say that in my own life my stepfather, threatened to disown me because of our differances in lifestyle choices. Ultimately in the end I had to choose my own path and he had to learn to accept that or exclude me from his life. He choose the latter, but even with my jaded perspective I know that not all parents are that way, because I would never do that to my child (I don't think I am in the minority on that mindset, either). As for being condesending and rude .... that is alot of people not just parents. Although, I have met my fair share of parents that seem make an art out of being condesending, I think that most were probably that way before they had a child, and finally have an excuse for their behavior now that they are parents. As for the higher taxes for singles .... it is a small price to pay for freedom you keep by not becoming a parent. Parenthood is a hard, thankless job that will last the rest of your life .... so please, try not to be sooo hard on those of us just trying to do the best we can to raise a child in theis messed up world. Wink
smpmedia
Kronik Sindrome wrote:

Personaly, I would have a ceremony but legally would never get married.

I think that if you are comitted to someone, devote yourself to them
and them alone, and intend to be with them for the rest of this
lifetime....you're already pretty much married.

Love can exist without marriage, but marriage can't without love.

Wink

I'm married but I totally agree with Kronik We are in Love Thts why We come together Marriage is to tell others you want to share you are sharing your life together a commitment of love. So you can do this whether you are married or not – It’s a powerful and beautiful thing!
tony
tijn01 wrote:

i am not married. thats plus one for the single group ya! but yes, i do plan to ya.. for my future wife Smile
djcaution
eventually sure. not til I find that other special fish in the sea though thats for sure. I'm only 22!
cpebatch2007_CIT
still single and not yet married... still looking around.... It would be boring if you dont have partner.
supjapscrapper
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

lol, you remind me of myself as I was a 13 year old who thought he could take on the world alone and be a greta man, a solitary because nobody could understand him Very Happy
One day, maybe even very soon, you'll get to know a guy, who'll give sense to the world to you, and then you'll do anything you can to be with hom. you may laugh now (no prob with that Very Happy) but one day you'll feel what I'm saying.
supjapscrapper
I am not married myself, but I know I am going to be be very soon hopefully, I'm just waiting to finish my PhD Very Happy
amicalindia
Not married
having fun as a bachlor

tijn01 wrote:
peabody
It all depends on what day you ask me. To day "no".

Think hard before you do. Its easy to get and hell to get out and sometime death.