FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Making new friends, and conversation topics.

Guelila
Hey all.
Well I changed schools recently, and I have all ready made many male friends. (yes, Im also male.)
Yea but here is the thing.
My old school was kinda a small school, so most people knew each other well and stuff.
BUt my new school is fairly big, and Im not used to big schools.

sooo... I need some advice to approach girls.
Here is my problem: I dont know what to talk about with girls..
So I was wondering if we can make a thread with good topics to talk with girls/boys.
I dont know, maybe Im weird and what not, but its the truth so.. Razz

Any good suggestions? Very Happy
molif
you can try this "i-am-new-here-can-you-help-me" approach.. some girls might be willing to help, but not all.. so good luck..
bonestorm74
Well I had a specific approach when I was dating girls. A lot of this comes down to practice, and feeling at ease with yourself when talking to girls and not being too nervous. There are some things you can do though to help make things easier.

I used to list about 5 topics I could bring up if there was a lull in the conversation. These were topics that I knew something about, and generally featured something interesting or funny. An example might be a topic of holidays. I would ask the girl what sort of travel they had done or would like to do. I then had a story about a beach I went to, which at night had glowing sand from flourescent algi.

This worked really well. There's nothing worse than having a 30 second silence while you both try to think of something to say.

As I said, when you become more familiar with the girl and more relaxed, conversation will come easier. Going in prepared in the early stages will help a lot.
brilliantbeauty
I would suggest areas of common interest, say a book or popular movie. Also, like bonestorm mentioned, time relavent things are good. (eg How was your spring break?) If you notice something that you have in common, let's say yoou both like a band, thats a great conversation starter. If its random, you might just say someething like (if you were standing in the lunch line), "Hey, I'm new here, are things actually edible?"

But really, you have no need to worry, most girls aren't very taciturn.
ftv_flung
I'm going to college in just over a week and I'm not going to know anybody! (apart from my tutor)

I had many friends at my old school (and of them I had - and still have - a few friends that I'm really close to) that are mainly girls, if I'm honest and I'm a guy. I can talk to them about pretty much anything, I spoze because we've been with each other for so long!! Roughly 2-3 years - some longer but the school moved all the classes around Sad

Anyway, you just gotta be confident. Talk about what you're learning and stuff, what they wanna get out of it and stuff - future plans...

bonestorm74 has got the right idea for you!
xkobram
People allways like when you talk with them about things they like.

Ask girl what she does in her free time. eg. she likes riding horses - Talk about your experience with horses or what you've heard. Try to act like you're also interested in horses. Probably she also likes other pets - so you can go from horses to dogs or your aquarium-fish. Or probably she likes nature - riding trough forest.

There are many things that you can find out from that she likes horses. Just try association word to word.
molif
sometimes what you open a conversation about may not be what a girl wants to talk about. one easy topic you can start with is what you're studying.. then from there you can ask questions, i feel.
agustin
the best thing you can do is to be relax. If you are chill you dont matter what o how are you talking or about what. You just talk about whatever you wanna talk. Be sweet with her... tell nice things to she and its gonna be allreight.
Good Luck.
xkobram
molif wrote:
sometimes what you open a conversation about may not be what a girl wants to talk about. one easy topic you can start with is what you're studying.. then from there you can ask questions, i feel.

Some girls are fed up with talking about school. I have experienced it few times. But mostly you can talk about school. But be careful try to sense what that girl thinks about it, if she doesn't feel like talking about it, try to thing about something else...
A_Jess_Dress
I read a lot of good advice - prepare a generic lists, ask about what she is studying and interested in...BUT PLEASE do not pretend to be interested in something that you are not. If the point is finding people that you want to be around later, then why pretend? You will either have to keep up the act or break off the friendship...
Menchi
You really don't need to know all that much.

From my experience, most people want someone to listen to them talk
about themselves. You think I'm wrong? When your with a friend, what do you
say to them? I did... Yesterday I was out with some friends and I... I like... I want...

You get the picture. The trick is to get them talking. Find out what they are interested in,
and study up on it. Then you will have something to talk with them about.

And Pay attention! Girls arn't daft you know. If they're talking to you and your heads up in the clouds, she'll know your not interested in what she has to say.

Thats my two cents worth. Cool
Flarkis
In my opinion the best thing to talk to a girl about is things you have in common. My personal favorite being music. I have met many a girl just by asking what they are listening to on their MP3.
molif
xkobram wrote:
molif wrote:

Some girls are fed up with talking about school. I have experienced it few times. But mostly you can talk about school. But be careful try to sense what that girl thinks about it, if she doesn't feel like talking about it, try to thing about something else...

some girls really hard to please.. Shocked
xkobram
molif wrote:
xkobram wrote:
molif wrote:

some girls really hard to please.. Shocked

Some girls doesnt even want to talk with someone, it's hard to please them too Smile
molif
xkobram wrote:
Some girls doesnt even want to talk with someone, it's hard to please them too Smile

true..! when that happens we should move on..
xkobram
Right now I'm facing the problem with no idea of what to talk about. I'm scared that If I invite her for a walk we will have nothing to talk about or just won't be able to talk about anything.

I have experienced it once and It had been few hours of silent drinking before we got drunk enough to start kissing... The relationship made from that was realy strange. I often tryed to talk about something or asked her some question, but here reactions were just silence or "hm." But we had great time with each other.

But now I'm afraid I can't get her drunk Very Happy I realy don't know how to invite her somewhere, I don't even know where to invite her. Should it be cinema or walk or...? This is the first time I'm scared of something like that. Maybe it is because I know this girl little bit more then the others and I know much less about her feelings then about the others...
Bluedoll
------- talk about anything that seem appropriate. You can think about some of the things that you may talk about with guys that seem kind of crude and then talk about anything else.

Talk about you, the school, suff outside the school in your life, subjects that are interesting to you like music, places or people. Interestingly enough girls like to hear what guys are interested in. It can be a whole new world for them or they may just be interested in the same things you are.

I think singleing out girls as strange to talk to is a wrong approach. Also don't try anything that is offensive. If you consider that the same problem applies for girls - you may not be comfortable with some of their topics, it may be easier to drum up conversation on things in common. Suprisingly enough, a list of your own personal stuff is maybe the best list of all because after all you will be the one doing the talking right?

Another thing you might consider (after a while) are things you would not be comfortable talking about with the guys like "you think my hair looks ok or whatever?" The guys would maybe tell you they don't care or joke about it but a girl could give you an honest opinion.

Smile
dangerdog
talking to girls is way more intimidating than it should be to a lot of guys - really, they're just people. :p just be yourself, think of them as being like any other person you might approach.

a lot of people already covered part of it. ask her about her interests, find out what she's all about, be willing to listen. that's not it, though - most girls are used to people wanting to get to know them, asking about what they like. in addition to asking about what she likes, make sure to talk a little bit about what you like. not too much, at first, of course, just enough to seem like you have interests. like you're, you know, interesting. Very Happy

that's kind of the key to getting to know anyone, really. ask questions about them, seem like you really want to hear the answer. offer small bits of information about yourself, but don't go into much detail. create interest, leave questions. you'll find out where and if you relate fairly quickly!
mister-x
Very Happy Nice forum Very Happy
ofwdating
Do you already find a girl you like in your new school? If yes then you should know what she loves to do or what organization or club she belongs in your school. If she belong to a certain club that you also find interesting then join it too. Its a big step to know her better and talk to her since you already have something in common. The "excuse me, i'm new here" works too on nice girls.
codersfriend
try something different like
"Hey I just met you and this is crazy, so here's my number.. call me maybe" ...
kmr_mukund
with whome you wanna do frndshp you go and ask her hey i need ur help then she must replied 2 u yes which kinda of help u want from me then u tell her : can u give me ur notebook if ur impression iz nt bad den u will surely get . and after return d book wenever u see her say hi hello howz u and see whenever she iz alone go and seat with her and try 2 talk something interesting from dat she willl feel gud and never do any nonsence or cheap things infront of her ! after that u start talking to her and try to know her likes nd dislikes and so on...!after that she will come close to you ...........! seriously try it buddie this is my personal experience !
zimmer
Good luck for you brother.. Many friends is a good relations, In fact No man is an island.. if you have problems then you can go to your friends.. but bestfriend is hard to find..

As what i have notice in life.. if your age reached 30+ your friend getting less and you are now focus to your family, son and no more best friend which you experience in younger age.