FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

http://www.wallbase.frih.net/ @ WallBase

WallBase
To evryone!

For me the wesite is DOWN, for 1 day now, maybe not for you but for me!

{name here}
WallBase wrote:

i dont like ppls who say my site is slow, if u say it!!! GET HIGHER INTERNET SPEED(i will NOT answer ppls who complain about the speed)
1. 1 mbit: over 20 sec
2. 2 mbit: under 20 sec
3. 3 mbit: 15 sec
4. 4 mbit: 5-10 sec

Unfortunately, this isn't an option to some people who live in the country. DSL isn't even offered there in some parts and few people will pay an arm and a leg to purchase expensive satillite internet!

On another note it seems that your site is misrendering in Opera, after checking using Seamonkey.

Consider moving your shoutbox and calendar to the left menu, and remove all those excess periods and ASCII decoration. REMOVE THE FRAME. Rather use a div with overflow: auto set in the CSS and the specific height and width. Also consider using sans-serif rather than serif for your site's content font.

http://catb.org/~esr/html-hell.html
WallBase
ok,
yeah it is, this is from Hellas and Ger!! correct numbers!!!

Quote:
On another note it seems that your site is misrendering in Opera, after checking using Seamonkey.

Consider moving your shoutbox and calendar to the left menu, and remove all those excess periods and ASCII decoration. REMOVE THE FRAME. Rather use a div with overflow: auto set in the CSS and the specific height and width. Also consider using sans-serif rather than serif for your site's content font.

if u read at my site:

The Front PAGE isnt Ready!!!!! the text style its my problem, i like the style!!
and i dont care if other use opra and other things..
download FireFox!!! or Internet Explorer!!! thats the most used browser!!
{name here}
WallBase wrote:
ok,
yeah it is, this is from Hellas and Ger!! correct numbers!!!

Quote:

if u read at my site:

The Front PAGE isnt Ready!!!!! the text style its my problem, i like the style!!
and i dont care if other use opra and other things..
download FireFox!!! or Internet Explorer!!! thats the most used browser!!

I'm only trying to help you get your front page ready.

The problem is not all people like Firefox or Internet explorer, so you need to support them as well as Safari. It's like saying "I don't care that you like Swiss cheese! Buy cheddar! It's the most popular type of cheese" or "I don't care that you like laptops! Buy a PC! Everyone has a PC so you should run that application in a PC. " or "I don't care that you like capitalism! Communism is the best form of government!"
m-productions
I like the look, however,

I have highspeed... and.. IT IS SLOW, I actually wanted to leave as the page was loading... as each part loads.. it makes the site look very... well makes it not look to good, you really need to find a way to make everything speed up and load together.
WallBase
hmm... ty,
the website is fast to upload thas FOR sure!!!!...
if the Pages is slow uploading, u cant have Highspeed!!!! i have 3.8 or 4 .. evry singel page is loading on 3 sec!
so if u are saying the pages is slow. check your internett!!!!!!!
and as u can se:
server 2 is soon overloaded...
maybe thats why some of my wallpapers is slow!!

but the wallpapers, can be slow! =/
i cant have 250 MB with wallpapers, and so i have to delete them, for a new upload, so i have some accounts on FileDen! i know the speed there is slow...
im not into a paying account! with littel more speed!

however, if ppls look at my walls they must have good time! not in a hurry!

and your point in this was:
Quote:

The problem is not all people like Firefox or Internet explorer, so you need to support them as well as Safari. It's like saying "I don't care that you like Swiss cheese! Buy cheddar! It's the most popular type of cheese" or "I don't care that you like laptops! Buy a PC! Everyone has a PC so you should run that application in a PC. " or "I don't care that you like capitalism! Communism is the best form of government!"

look,ppls use safari(i never herd of), yeah, uts over 800 browseres in the world i cant check them all... so i only have firefox and IE!
Dont like, ehh i dont like others than FireFox and IE.. so if ppls use others, get use to IE or FireFox!!!

i see u trying to help me, but my skin admin its away, and i cant nothing about HTML. i only set in wallpapers! and make pages !!
m-productions
WallBase wrote:
hmm... ty,
t
Quote:

look,ppls use safari(i never herd of), yeah, uts over 800 browseres in the world i cant check them all... so i only have firefox and IE!
Dont like, ehh i dont like others than FireFox and IE.. so if ppls use others, get use to IE or FireFox!!!

i see u trying to help me, but my skin admin its away, and i cant nothing about HTML. i only set in wallpapers! and make pages !!

sounds to me like your not going to even try to get it to work with safari JUST because youv never heard of it. A lot of people actually use this browser. Infact, the new I-Phone uses this browser.
WallBase
yeaaaah riight!! however..

new update!! look top!
{name here}
Safari is the standard browser included for Macintosh computers, so I would certainly say that it is a decently popular browser. Add in its family of related browsers including Linux's Konquerer and you've probably got a percentage of users even higher than Opera to deal with.

GIF animations are never a good idea. So are all these: http://catb.org/~esr/html-hell.html
WallBase
ok...Tnxy
m-productions

all and all, this is a rather nice looking site. I do like the look, just a few bugs that I think really should be fixed to make it perfext

1) the most important, as said, is make it so all browsers can see it.
2) I know you dont care about people who say "its slow" but dude, youll get nowhere with that attitude. The fact is, I DO have highspeed, and its still slow, and I CAN NOT change my ISP, for where i live, this is ALL there is.. and everything else loads right away.
3)One problem, im using FF2, and for some reaosn there is a lot of space over to the "right" if you use the scroll bar... not sure whats up with this...

But as I said, these are easy fixes really, and the basic layout/graphics are really nice looking.
WallBase
Tnxy.. i have encrease the Uplaod speed now, from 1 MB to 5 MB, so this will be some faster upload..
hmm im not a HTML dude, i just make pictures and stuff.. Debuger im not!
hmm
i the only html i can its the wallpaper codes Very Happy
^^,)

but im happy with the language adding ^^,)
WallBase
http://wallbase.frih.net/e107/news.php

new !!
{name here}
MUCH better. I do think that you should remove the "Welcome to wallbase.frih.net!" or remove the padding/margin that it has because it's taking up too much space.
WallBase
^^,) this page its much better, thats the welcome message!! i add more soon!! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Arnie
I'm not going to tell you what you don't want to hear, but... well, that's what I was going to tell you.
soulery
Cool site. I've never heard of e107. It looks like joomla!. I like how it looks like you're underwater. What's the name of the skin?
WallBase
Arnie wrote:
I'm not going to tell you what you don't want to hear, but... well, that's what I was going to tell you.

Tell me Very HappyVery Happy

deepblue2

its the skin name!
WallBase
comon guys!!!!! comment!!!please
Alie
I've just made a screenshot of your site and pointed some troubles, that I found in your template.
My browser is IE, resolution 1054X762.
And this is the picture:

Problem number 1: as you can see the upper bar hides all links exept HOME.
Problem number 2: LAN_THEME_number instead of words. As I understand are problems with translation in english - some translations are missing...

My english is not so good, hope you;ll understand me Wink
Overall work is nice, template colour are good. Just remains to fix some lil troubles Wink
By the way, what engine you;pve used, or you made it by yourselves?
WallBase
Thats problem its resolved! i knew about iT !! ;D

i use e107!!

e107.org
irishmark
that splash screen takes about 10 years to load which is really irritating.
WallBase
spalsh hmm... what splash?
irishmark
The opening splash screen that says "The Next Generation of Wallpapers"
WallBase
hmm i dont see it.. Wink hmm
Alie
Looks better, pitty you have choosed to change template. The old one I think was lil better. Now the only thing I saw - your copyrights. Those two rows looks very messy. Maybe add center alignment to them?
WallBase
ye ofc, i know about the rights line..
i havent edit it! hehe