FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.:PAUSED:.?

funkymunky
Is it possible to pause your account, in case you will not be around the computer for a set amount of time? Because I usually go to work and such, and am there for about a week or two, and I don't want my account to be banned or something because of such. Is there a way to do this , or am I going to have to ask the site admin himself about this? And also, if there is a way to pause or timeout your account, will the your site be closed down because of it? Because if I am gone I would still want visitors to enjoy themselves on my site...Can anybody answer this for me?
Hammy
You can get a maximum of 45 points while you have a hosting package with frihost. Your points will decrease by 1 every day while your hosting is active. Of course it only takes one post per day to keep on top of this. But.. I believe at -5 points you will get ur first warning, -10 points ur second warning, and at -15 points your account will be suspended.

I'm not so sure about the second warning, i couldnt find the post about the points system. Dont worry though, that gives u 50 - 60 days to post agen if you leave ur points at 45. Wink

Hammy.
m-productions
funkymunky wrote:
Is it possible to pause your account, in case you will not be around the computer for a set amount of time? Because I usually go to work and such, and am there for about a week or two, and I don't want my account to be banned or something because of such. Is there a way to do this , or am I going to have to ask the site admin himself about this? And also, if there is a way to pause or timeout your account, will the your site be closed down because of it? Because if I am gone I would still want visitors to enjoy themselves on my site...Can anybody answer this for me?

though i dont have any idea at all about the "pause account" you are able to have up to 45 points, this will last you will over a month, so if your gone for a week or two it wont hurt you at all. and until you have your host, your points wont go down anyway.
funkymunky
When I say Pause Account I mean that I could stop my actions and such for a set amount of time, so none of my points go anywhere, yet people can get to my site still without me taking it down. The -45 thing sounds much better though.....
Animal
No, we don't suspend points removal when you have a hosting account. The points system is in place so that you don't have to post every day - you can take prolonged periods of time away from the forum and your hosting account will remain active. You can gain up to 5 points per post, and you only lose 1 point per day when you have a hosting account. You can reach a maximum of 45 points in any one day, and your account is not considered for deletion until you reach at least -20, so this will give you up to 65 days of free hosting without you having to make a post.

If you are going to be away for a longer period than this and you don't want to lose points, simply create a topic in the Request an Account Change forum and request a hosting account removal. This will mean that your site is offline, but your points will no longer decrease each day. When you return, you can then simply re-request an account.

Hope this helps.
funkymunky
I believe that 65 days is plenty. I suppose I just needed somebody to do the math for meXP. Thanks for answering my question!
Animal
funkymunky wrote:
I believe that 65 days is plenty. I suppose I just needed somebody to do the math for meXP. Thanks for answering my question!

No problem Wink

Since this has been answered, I'll -close- this topic. Feel free to PM any of the team if you would like it re-opened.