FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Madden NFL 2008

ric05
The game will be released in August. Madden NFL 2008 is supposed to have revamped game play, gang tackles and player weapons. A lot are saying this may be the best Madden yet.

Share your opinions.
lastelement0
Haha um well....they pretty much say that about Madden every year so you're not really bringing anything new to the table. Also every Madden over the last few years has been released in August. So again, nothing new there.

I doubt there will be very many big improvements to the game because EA doesn't feel threatened by any other company. Not that they really can because they bought out the rights to the players. Which is great for them but sucks for the consumer.

However, this year I believe its 2K Sports, the company I believe should have the rights to the players if any, because they had a stellar game experience in NFL 2K5. Many people actually found 2K5 to be superior to Madden that year which led to EA buying out the rights. Anyway 2K Sports is releasing a new game, All-Pro Footbal 2k8, with Jerry Rice, John Elway, AND Barry Sanders on the cover.

From the 2k Sports website:
Quote:
New York, NY – June 6, 2007 – 2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), proudly announced today that football legends John Elway, Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders will grace the cover of its highly-anticipated football simulation, All-Pro Football 2K8. Elway, Rice and Sanders will lead a roster of over 200 famous football heroes featuring each star’s trademark moves and abilities.

Fans will be able to lead the charge with John Elway, the ‘Duke of Denver’, as the quarterback with the most game winning or tying scoring drives in the 4th quarter. Gamers can call on his unique player attributes to clinch the winning touchdown in a close game. Fans can also count on Barry Sanders, star running back with 15,296 career rushing yards, to make defenders miss tackles with his famous juke and spin moves. Also featured in the game is Jerry Rice who will make amazing catches and run the precision routes that have made him one of the greatest wide receivers in football history.

“To represent All-Pro Football 2K8, we selected three of the greatest football players in history,” said Erik Whiteford, Vice President of Marketing for 2K Sports. “John Elway, Barry Sanders, and Jerry Rice are well-recognized for their great competitive spirit, legendary talents, and passion for the game of football - it would be hard to find three better football players to represent our title.”

"2K Sports has brought together several of the greats in this game," said John Elway, one the most successful professional quarterbacks ever with 148 career wins and two championship wins. "I'm really excited to be a part of All-Pro Football 2K8 as they bring together the greatest football legends in the history of this game.”

Back to Madden: They need to come up with something big to get fans excited about the game. Not some stupid mode where you can set blocks yourself! Come on EA are you really trying to make the most technical part of the game fun? Nice try but nothing with that one.
ric05
lastelement0 wrote:
Haha um well....they pretty much say that about Madden every year so you're not really bringing anything new to the table. Also every Madden over the last few years has been released in August. So again, nothing new there.

I doubt there will be very many big improvements to the game because EA doesn't feel threatened by any other company. Not that they really can because they bought out the rights to the players. Which is great for them but sucks for the consumer.

However, this year I believe its 2K Sports, the company I believe should have the rights to the players if any, because they had a stellar game experience in NFL 2K5. Many people actually found 2K5 to be superior to Madden that year which led to EA buying out the rights. Anyway 2K Sports is releasing a new game, All-Pro Footbal 2k8, with Jerry Rice, John Elway, AND Barry Sanders on the cover.

From the 2k Sports website:
Quote:
New York, NY – June 6, 2007 – 2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), proudly announced today that football legends John Elway, Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders will grace the cover of its highly-anticipated football simulation, All-Pro Football 2K8. Elway, Rice and Sanders will lead a roster of over 200 famous football heroes featuring each star’s trademark moves and abilities.

Fans will be able to lead the charge with John Elway, the ‘Duke of Denver’, as the quarterback with the most game winning or tying scoring drives in the 4th quarter. Gamers can call on his unique player attributes to clinch the winning touchdown in a close game. Fans can also count on Barry Sanders, star running back with 15,296 career rushing yards, to make defenders miss tackles with his famous juke and spin moves. Also featured in the game is Jerry Rice who will make amazing catches and run the precision routes that have made him one of the greatest wide receivers in football history.

“To represent All-Pro Football 2K8, we selected three of the greatest football players in history,” said Erik Whiteford, Vice President of Marketing for 2K Sports. “John Elway, Barry Sanders, and Jerry Rice are well-recognized for their great competitive spirit, legendary talents, and passion for the game of football - it would be hard to find three better football players to represent our title.”

"2K Sports has brought together several of the greats in this game," said John Elway, one the most successful professional quarterbacks ever with 148 career wins and two championship wins. "I'm really excited to be a part of All-Pro Football 2K8 as they bring together the greatest football legends in the history of this game.”

Back to Madden: They need to come up with something big to get fans excited about the game. Not some stupid mode where you can set blocks yourself! Come on EA are you really trying to make the most technical part of the game fun? Nice try but nothing with that one.

So your a 2K5 fan boy then?
Razziel
i think it will be the best NFL of all
lastelement0
ric05 wrote:

So your a 2K5 fan boy then?

alright well good to see you are such an elaborate fellow. :ahem: not :ahem:

but anyway...no i am not a 2k5 fanboy. just b/c i feel that it was better than madden that year and i believe ea was threatened hence their actions, does not make me a fanboy.

plus, i've been playing the last two maddens. yes, they are good games, however, i just think that 2k5 was going in a better direction with gameplay and controls than madden is at the moment. hopefully with their new game 2k picks up where they left off and then some