FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Linkin Park : Minutes to Midnight

ric05
I didn't see this one posted yet. What did everyone think of the CD? Personally I only liked about 3 songs on it.
kazikame
It's very different from the old stuff, but it's good. TBH, if they stuck with their old style, they wouldn't really be coming up with anything new.
mattchun
I like the song they made for "Transformers"
ric05
mattchun wrote:

"What I've Done." Yeah... great song.
molif
personally i like linkin park. check out these songs:

- leave out all the rest
- the little things give you away
- wake
- given up
gtherockgod
ric05 wrote:
mattchun wrote:

"What I've Done." Yeah... great song.

I think its a decent song, i guess only because it was different than what i expected from them.

Other than that, meh.
lastelement0
honestly, ive already become sick of "What I've Done". this may be due to the fact it was just their first single of a new album in a few years so that may be the reason behind it. However i like a handful of the songs off of this new album. right now my favorite would have to be bleed it out.

as for their new style im not sure what i think of it. what i like best would probably be things from their first 3 albums:Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora. Not all of it from those three but a mix of everything from them.
McDucque
I'm okay with LP... I'll listen to it but I won't go out of the way to yaknow? I like all of their singles and the album stuff Ive heard, but the stuff on the radio Ive heard from this new album is just plain terrible...

its annoying and i dont like it XD
Octaeder
ric05 wrote:
I didn't see this one posted yet. What did everyone think of the CD? Personally I only liked about 3 songs on it.

Totally agree... Most of the album was horrible. Linkin Park always managed a sublime sound by mixing the soft etherel electronics with rock and hip-hop. On this new album every track can be pigeon wholed into a single category. They're traditionally a "the whole is bigger than the sum of the parts" kind of band, so making an album which is just those parts all seperated makes no sense.
soulman
I like this album, although the melody seems simple, but the lyrics still good. and they finaly start to use dirty words.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Keran
I'm quite a big fan of the Linking Park band, I like their music style and most of their songs are good.
From the new cd album I most liked "What I've Done" and "Transformers". Really great songs, I listen to them a lot, even now heh ;p
lastlegion
I liked What I've done, one of the few LP songs I liked. Havent listened to other m2m songs but I'll get the cd in a week or so
Insanity
soulman wrote:
I like this album, although the melody seems simple, but the lyrics still good. and they finaly start to use dirty words.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That was one of the downsides to this album, I think. They were just spitting out cuss words left and right (to exaggerate a bit). I liked them back when they didn't have to cuss and still managed to sound pretty good.
Osmodius
Keran wrote:
I'm quite a big fan of the Linking Park band, I like their music style and most of their songs are good.
From the new cd album I most liked "What I've Done" and "Transformers". Really great songs, I listen to them a lot, even now heh ;p

FYI, Linkin Park don't have a song named Transformers. You just made that up.

Anyways, I liked their old stuff, for a while. "Minutes to Midnight" is just total garbage, Linkin Park are dead to me now.
rodrigoz17
i dont listen that CD i must buy it soon.... But LP is the best band in whole wolrd xD i love it is great
hsadmin
lastelement0 wrote:
honestly, ive already become sick of "What I've Done".

Yup.. Me to..

I liked meteora more than Minutes To Midnight. But hoenstly, I still think the Hybird Theory EP is the best..
InsanePL
I bought this CD and now I regret. Other Albums was much better. Form This CD i only like "What I`ve done" Song.
tidruG
For me, Linkin Park have gone steadily downhill after Hybrid Theory. I think HT is the best they've got to offer, and I preferred Reanimation to Meteora, but I didn't feel like listening to Minutes to Midnight more than once. Some songs are good here and there, and Mike Shinoda is under-used heavily. I almost thought he'd left the band.
I give them credit for having the guts to try something new, of course, but for me, the experiment has failed. They should have taken their Hybrid Theory style to greater heights by adding more complexities to it or by enhancing the song structures, etc etc.
NooBix
I didn't really like "Minutes to Midnight". Besides "Bleed It Out" with the fast beat i dont like the rest.

I got introduced to Linkin Park when they released "Meteora", which i liked. but this is so different. Evil or Very Mad
applejunk
i think it was okay. when it first came out and i listened to it, i thought a lot of the songs sounded the same. but after really listening to it for a couple of times the songs are actually really good. i agree with kazikame though, if they had stuck with their old songs, they wouldn't be coming up with anything new. a lot of the bands you hear now on the radio play the same exact things over and over in their albums and its so retarded. honestly i think linkin park should be respected more for their friendship and how long they've lasted with their songs, something which is relatively unheard of in america.
Kelcey
Is this a new cd?
SimonWSTS
So far I have only heard the track "What I've Done" from this album, I liked it and it makes me think the album will be worth listening to so I'll have to get hold of a copy.

For me I will be very surprised if it lives up to Hyrbrid Theory which in my opinion is by far their best album.
lastlegion
I got the cd and I really like the new sound of Linkin Park. I have heard a lotta bad stuff about this new album but I personally liked it very much. I think Linkin Park has matured as a band and have shown a some variation in this new album.
I didnt hate their pre-m2m style of music but I find this style better.
lethaltriad
Honestly dissappointed with this album, even gave it a chance with a couple more listens and it just wasnt doing it for me. I think Rick Rubin helped to produce this album so I hope they don't make that mistake next time around. Well at least i can still listen to their other albums and look forward to another forte minor album.
dcfive65ive
album is sick...i was always a linkin park fan,
songs on cd that i prefer

pushing me away
Shadow
SpellcasterDX
If you think the album sucks entirely, then you're probably not a true Linkin Park fan. Just my opinion.

As for me, I liked [most of] the album. I agree, some songs aren't that great. Especially the slow ones. But I do like most of them such as Given Up, Bleed It Out, Shadow of the Day, What I've Done, and Valentine's Day. And also the intro song 'Wake.'

Also, they have to change. All bands have to change their material eventually to keep up with the times and to continue to be successful.
mymind
The songs:

wake
Given Up
Leave Out All The Rest
Bleed It Out
Shadow Of The Day
What I've done (Transformers Song)
Hands Held High
No More Sorrow
Valentin's Day
In Between
In Pieces
The little Things give you Away

For The Video Of What I've done (original video)
http://www.dalealplay.com/informaciondecontenido.php?con=49908
I will download (in iTunes Store) Bleed It Out
And i'll post the link here
pll
I like linkin park but this new album is too different from the others. Personnaly, I only like ''What I've Done'' the other songs are good but not like the old linkin park.
tidruG
mymind,
That's illegal, so you better not post any such links on this forum. If you do, we will probably ban you.