FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3D ideas topic

Trickster
I have taken a very long break from 3d making, but I really want to get started again. It's just every time I plan on making some 3d, I lose the motivation, so I never really get started.
So I thought I would let you guys be my motivation, as I would like to hear suggestions and ideas from you, on some 3d scenes/models I could make. Then I can choose some ideas from time to time, and post images of the final 3d art in this topic. I would like for the ideas not to be extreme and very detailed as I'm not super skilled.
You can check out my skill level here: GoldTouch gallery
and here are some other small things I've made if you don't want to go to the gallery:

<< (see this is why I need some inspiration, !and no it's not a diabolic star!) Very Happy

Hope to get some great responce and thereby retrieve my "3D making motivation" Wink

EDIT:
If anybody have a little project they would like to get in 3D feel free to ask, and I might do it.
Urban
Your gallery is AWESOME. I very like your work, good job!
Trickster
Well thank you for the comment Urban, appreciate it Wink
Alie
Just checked your gallery... And you say after all that you loose motivation for work?
Your textures are awesome, renders are simple great! I just can't anderstand you Twisted Evil
There was one little mistake in bullet model, but I see it only because fired already thousands of them...

About ideas: maybe try to model medievil weapons? Their forms are so cool! I lkie them Wink
By the way, glass and metal textures are wonderfull!
Trickster
thank you for the feedback, good to hear Cool
and about the medieval weapons, I think I might take that as a challenge as I've searched a little around, and found some pretty cool ones, allthough I will not be modelling right as I'm off for vacation. Afterwards I might post some results Wink
Alie
Maybe you've seen already my pretty old topic with 3d works here. One of the models was a broadsword... After it I've modeled a crossbow and another sword, but they wasn't even rendered yet.
It will be very interesting to look at your works. Twisted Evil
Bengt
keep it up,
the models look good,
looking forward to seeing more of them Smile
tefa_taftaf2010
looks like the real ones

very nice

hope to see more
chastise
You should try making a bouquet of flowers from birds eye view. That will be hard, right?
albusa
every was good until you put that Diabolic Star on the christmas three, dont do that, there is a lot of Christian People on this forum and when you do dant you are not having respect of the other, i think you miss that.
Gagnar The Unruly
An upside-down star is not the same as a pentagram. Besides, use of Christmas trees comes from pagan practice.
Trickster
well actually it should look like a real star, never saw it as a diabolic star lol, but good observation.
To the other people giving me 3d modelling ideas, I thank you and hopefully I will be making some of it, but others are still welcome to give new ideas.
tidruG
How about making a scenery of snowmen in various poses. Something really funny.
Or how about making an image of a snowman making a human being using mud/clay from the ground.
(remember, don't make it too anatomically correct Razz )
Ghost900
I like your designs Smile

You could make a bowl of differant fruit or somthing.

I snowman would be cool like TidruG said. Very Happy
(I don't know about a snowman making a human out of mud though as that might be kinda hard and not so simple).
Boffel
This is some realy good stuff, specialy the textures!

Do you have animated anything of this? If you have, can I see it? I just got 3d studio max, and saw your tutorials. The tutorials will be very helpfull for me, and it is well explained. Anywway, keep up the good work!
Trickster
I'm sorry I haven't made any 3D since last time, but nothing have seemed appealing yet. (Bad excuse I know Rolling Eyes )
And no animation is not what i'm most experienced with, although I can do simple animations like rolling objects and stuff. Glad that you liked the tutorials, and if you have any suggestions to new tutorials that would be helpfull, I would like to hear them.

Suggestions to 3D work I could make are still welcome, but keep them simple Wink
kyberneees
hello.
i like your job, and ask my self how do that?
is very nice, and your have a lot skills to explode.
Trickster
Thank you kyberneees, I have a few tutorials on my site you can check out if you want to know more about how it's done.

I thought I would post a little more since I haven't posted any 3D in long time. I modelled this character months ago, and it was originally made because I wanted to animate it, but got stuck in the process. Instead here's a still-image of the slightly goofy character:

Trickster
Once again it has been quite some time since I last posted updates in this thread. I have made a simplified scene of the snowman theme that previously was suggested (This one only contains 1 snowman and no "Mud-human" unfortunately Wink)

Also I have been working on a project for a friend, who needed some 3D images of a bar project he and his group has been working on in school. So I got a sketch of the room and just started modeling all the interior, and here's how it eventually turn out:
Sketch:
Big size sketch

Some small images:

Some big images:
1600x1200 - Bar1
1600x1200 - Bar2
1600x1200 - Bar3
1600x1200 - Bar4
1600x1200 - Bar5
1600x1200 - Bar6
1600x1200 - Bar7
1600x1200 - Bar8
Ghost900
Ya you have a snowman Smile

That odd guy is pretty good. I like the snowman with the background.

The bar has so many different angles and it looks really nice.
That should help your friend out some. Very Happy
Boffel
WOW! This is amazing work, I guess you worked allot on this.

Only crit. is the tables. They should be more smooth, but textures and light etc... I just love it!

Keep it up with more stuff, I will also soon show a movie from my 3d burton snowboard guy.

Dont know if you have seen it, but I got no time to link it now, sorry.

Anyway, It also looks like its a bit low polygon models, so this can also easliy be put into a game Very Happy
Trickster
Ghost900 wrote:

Hehe it sure did. Apparently it was more than he had asked, so thats good Wink

Boffel wrote:
Anyway, It also looks like its a bit low polygon models, so this can also easliy be put into a game Very Happy

Yea the whole design idea was to make look simple to give an idea of the room and the organization of the interior.
I would actually be pretty cool to make something for a game, so if you have something going on I would be happy to help.
Oh and I look forward to that 3D snowboard movie, sound great.
Boffel
Trickster wrote:
Ghost900 wrote:

Hehe it sure did. Apparently it was more than he had asked, so thats good Wink

Boffel wrote:

Yea the whole design idea was to make look simple to give an idea of the room and the organization of the interior.
I would actually be pretty cool to make something for a game, so if you have something going on I would be happy to help.
Oh and I look forward to that 3D snowboard movie, sound great.

Thanks Smile

well, im not working on my own 3d game right now, but I working on a 3d game called "The warriors path" (a mmorpg made with gamemaker).

I think your welcome if you want to join. Just ask the guy named 'cameron' or the other guy named 'zedman', and ask if you can join. The official site is www.warriors-path.net Smile
alexandros_ch
VERY NICE!I LIKED THE ROOMS!
Trickster
alexandros_ch wrote:
VERY NICE!I LIKED THE ROOMS!

I'm happy you did, and I hope that everybody will like my new project too. For a long time ago I started out making a M16 rifle, but never got that far in the modelling process. Then, a few days ago, I began modelling the rifle again and here's the finished result:

Boffel
Wow cool! What rendering program do you use?

Its really smooth!
Trickster
Thanks, I'm using Vray renderer with 3ds max 8. Here's another scene I did lately, I'm not too happy about the glass and opener, but the bottle and bottle cap turned out quite nice I think:

malpa240
Very nice bottle and great cap! Smile
But glass is some queer, making more, nice gallery. Wink
Trickster
Thank you, and yes the glass is pretty bad Confused I'm more satisfied with this poker scene I made recently:

nivinjoy
Please repost the links..I couldn't see the pics...!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Trickster
Thanks for noticing, I totally forgot that my old host went down. Well all images have been reuploaded and heres a few more of my most recent work:

And a better and bigger image can be found here:
1280x960 - Laptop
nivinjoy
Thank you mann...Now i saw your pics...Nice work..Keep it up...

Great work... Laughing Cool Laughing
adri
Keep up the great work, this is awesome!

Adri Very Happy
frankfava
Gday.

I do a bit of 3D work myself, i'm mostly a car modeller though.

Currently i'm using 3ds Max 2008. Im self-taught

should be posting some pics soon!

take it Easy,
Frank

AUSSIE PRIDE!!! Very Happy
Trickster
Thanks for the support and interest in my models.

I am using 3ds max 8 and i'm too self-taught, looking forward to the car pics.
Boffel
Wow, I loves the computer there Very Happy

Keep it up with more please! Very Happy
Gagnar The Unruly
The rough metallic texture around the keypad is really nice.
Trickster
Thanks for the comments people, although I haven't been doing much 3d the past time, because of exam time. Still I have been making a logo for a customer, where the "&" mark should be connected with berry's somehow. The whole logo with text was pretty big, because it was going to be printed on a big banner, so I've cut out only the "&" part of the logo, because I think it came out pretty nice: