FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problem with domain

isyan
i installed a joomla 1.5 beta2 in my domain which is http://ldhmf.frih.net
but im not contented with the result so i deleted all the folders and uploaded a joomla 1.0.12 ver... the problem is when i access the http://ldhmf.frih.net the page will display 403 forbidden...

any help will be appreciated since im new to this domain thing...

Embarassed Embarassed

jah blez!
mathiaus
You haven't got an index page (index.html index.htm or index.php). Create one and it will go away.
sanalskumar
mathiaus wrote:
You haven't got an index page (index.html index.htm or index.php). Create one and it will go away.

I have an index page but still there is a forbidden error disply!! Please someone help me, I don't have any idea, what to do.
sanalskumar
Is there any problem if I rename the domain??
mathiaus
You don't seem to have one. It needs to be in public_html directory.

You can change your own domain, to change your frih.net subdomain though, you need to use the form on your account page.
sanalskumar
mathiaus wrote:
You don't seem to have one. It needs to be in public_html directory.

You can change your own domain, to change your frih.net subdomain though, you need to use the form on your account page.

Thanks for the support !!.Well, I have deleted the existing domain. Now the link points to somewhere else. I dont have a backup of the deleted domain. Now what to do??
burqe
Hello

Since the files are within the domain name folder and I think that deleting the domain will also have deleted that folder, you may not be able to recover the files. Still you can try logging through FTP and look at the directories, if the directory is present, you can copy and backup the contents.

You can use the IP address to access FTP (as you will not be able to access it with your domain now). The IP address will be there in the configuration email that you received when you registeres with Frihost. Use the same user name and password and you will get to your account directory.

Wish your data is saved.

Regards
Haris Mushtaq
Burqe Technologies
sanalskumar
burqe wrote:
Hello

Since the files are within the domain name folder and I think that deleting the domain will also have deleted that folder, you may not be able to recover the files. Still you can try logging through FTP and look at the directories, if the directory is present, you can copy and backup the contents.

You can use the IP address to access FTP (as you will not be able to access it with your domain now). The IP address will be there in the configuration email that you received when you registeres with Frihost. Use the same user name and password and you will get to your account directory.

Wish your data is saved.

Regards
Haris Mushtaq
Burqe Technologies

Thanx my friend....
But I have already deleted the domain. My files are still with me. But no domain to access them.... Thats the problem. I have given a detailed report about my problem. Now can I get my account resetted??? Or if it is not possible, I will have to think how to delete it.
Okey...... Thanks for your care..... Have a good day...
Bockman
sanalskumar I have checked your account and I found some directories relating to sanalskumar.frih.net with only a few files.

Your account was beyond fixing, so i recreated your account. The files available were placed at sanalskumar.frih.net and you can see them already.

Hope that will help you getting all back.

One other issue I found was you had sanalskumar.com and sanalskumar.net placed on our DNS server but i found no trace whatsoever of those domains in your file explorer. Did you add those domains to your account? (I removed all evidence of those 3 domains in order to recreate your account. only .frih.net subdomain was recreated)

Be Well Cool
sanalskumar
Thank you Bockman..... Very Happy
Now everything is alright....... Razz
Thanks again !! Laughing
And one more thing, Can I create more domains myself?? As you said you deleted sanalskumar.com.
Is there anything wrong if I rename the domains??? That was what happened the previous time!!!
Crying or Very sad
Anyway thanks again !!!

Sanalskumar
gerpg
.com orignially ment for commercial sites cannot simply be 'made' they have to be purchased with a domain registra. If you own the rights to sanalskumar.com then you may place it as your primary domain name on the name servers:
ns1.frih.net
ns2.frih.net

The SUBdomain of YOURUSER.frih.net is free because the subdomain is done on the local server internally and only the server has to deal with the DNS entry, not the entire web via the DNS notify.

If you purchase sanalskumar.com from a retailer it CANNOT BE DELETED you own the rights for the domain unless you resell it or it expires. typically it costs around $9US a year for a Domain Name but you can still use your subdomain provided by FriHost for FREE.

IF you own the rights to the domain sanalskumar.com then goto your DirectAdmin (which i assume you are on because you are a new user). Then goto 'Domain Setup'. Then choose 'Add Another Domain' and enter the domain name. Once you have submitted the form you must then go back to the Direct admin Control panel and goto 'domain setup' again and check the box next to the domain you just entered and click 'set as defult'. DNS entries can take up to 72hours to work globally so don't worry if the URL sanalskumar.com doesn't work straight away.

Further more, the company you buy the domain name from should allow you to change the NAME SERVERS somewhere amoungst the setup, change these to the name servers above (ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net).

Now you just wait, most DNS is done within 2-3hours, it can take upto 72 hours.

Hope this helps you understand the SUBdomains and Domain names,

Louis
sanalskumar
Thanks Louis,
It was really helpful to me.
That means, if I set sanalskumar.net as an alias of sanalskumar.frih.net, it will not work. Is it that?? Well I thought that if I set it, it will point sanalskumar.frih.net. Okey!!
Anyways your post was really helpful as I am a new user.