FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help to install pen drive in windows 98

tamilparks
I am using windows 98 i am having the port for pen drive ... but not taking it automatically i need help to install can you please help me............
RiCtee
You might need to install the driver for USB or get a newer one. You can get it here - http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php.
brokenadvice
What kind of Pen drive? Do you have 98 or 98se?
Arnie
99% it's the kind of pen drive that's a USB mass storage device. The link mentioned above is perfect for that.
tamilparks
i am using 98 second edition

Quote:
You might need to install the driver for USB or get a newer one. You can get it here - http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

also i will thank to RiCtee now its working if any problem i will post it here thanks a lot for the helps
internetjobs
Arnie wrote:
99% it's the kind of pen drive that's a USB mass storage device. The link mentioned above is perfect for that.

dear.. if you visit microsoft website you can patch update for your windows 98 se, install it, then u can use pen drive in your system..
orcaz
internetjobs wrote:

dear.. if you visit microsoft website you can patch update for your windows 98 se, install it, then u can use pen drive in your system..

Microsoft doesn't provide updated USB drivers for 98 to work with pen drives. The only way is to get unofficial drivers or get the drivers from the pen drive manufacturer's site.
tamilparks
thanks for all i have installed and now its working thanks a lot for the helpers....