FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

challange...

Srs2388
I need a song that is HARD to play... like super advanced on guitar.. I want to try something that will be a serious challenge...
any good songs?
Magicman
What kind of guitar, classical, acoustic, or electric? The type of guitar makes a big difference as too what difficult songs should be recommended.
Classical Gas would be a fairly difficult song for classical or acoustic.
gtherockgod
Its difficult to suggest because we dont know what kinds of things you like/listen to/have learned.

Look into stuff by Michael Angelo Batio, John Petrucci, Satriani, Vai, Lynch. Nevermore has some crazy guitar solos, chock full of sweeps and other advanced techniques.
Srs2388
Sorry about the wait on a reply... I usually play stuff like van halen.. black sabbath and some newer metal like bullet for my valentine and children of bodom, cradle of filth Razz
stuff like that.
sweeps are VERY hard for me to do Sad
but I wanted a challenge... thanks i'll check out those.. i've heard of most of them.
datter
I'd say just try Stairway to Heaven or Hotel California... not only are they some damned complicated arrangements, they're songs that are actually good to listen too as opposed to anything by Malmsteen or any of that nonsense. Smile
gtherockgod
datter wrote:
I'd say just try Stairway to Heaven or Hotel California... not only are they some damned complicated arrangements, they're songs that are actually good to listen too as opposed to anything by Malmsteen or any of that nonsense. Smile

He says he wants something highly advanced guitarwise...neither of those songs fit into that type of category.

Threadstarter - good luck on finding something you want to give a shot. Let us know what you come up with!
Srs2388
well cowboys from hell isn't super advanced but.. not an easy song to play...
the solo in over the mountain by ozzy... VERY hard.