FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Skin Care related to the food you eat?

Guelila
Hmm
I was just surfing through some blogs the other day, and I read an article about how the healthiness of your skin is directly related to the food you eat.
It also said that if one was to eat the correct foods that his body accepts, he would have a very healthy skin and that he will not have to worry about pimples and such.

Me, having a few pimples here and there in my face, would definitly love to have healthy skin, with no pimples and stuff.

I would like to know if this thing about food and skin is true?
I did some searching but couldnt find much info.
If this is true, I need to know which foods my body takes in well too.
joshumu
I'm not an expert but i would suppose that a lot of getting pimples is in the genetics. But what you eat is sure to have an effect also. How old are you. If you are and adolescent then i would recommend just dealing with it and dont make any big life style changes. Most people go through it and it goes away (like me). But everyone is different.
imera
In a magazine I read a while ago it said something about that, but I can't recall what. But there is things you can eat that not only helps your skin against pimples but also the sun and other things. If I come over that magazine again I'll take it with me. But you can find a lot on the internet, just need to search after the right things.
driftingfe3s
I haven't changed my diet and my skin has cleared up. On the other hand my brother's skin has worsened while his diet remains the same as well. The only difference is I started to take better care of my face washing it twice a day and using benzoyl peroxide while my brother hasn't.

I'm sure eating healthy will promote better skin, but ultimately I think its about keeping the skin clean.