FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SEO Priorities

GSIS
I'm very new to the process of publicising web sites.

My site is now coming along reasonably well - the structure is reasonably stable and, I think, it's time to let the world outside Frihost know it exists.

My understanding, having read one of the threads here, is that metatags are not used by Google. If this is the case I probably shouldn't waste time setting them up.

My definition of a successful rollout would be that the search engines start to find the site, and give it a high ranking, as quickly and accurately as possible thus attracting customers who are interested in supporting the primary purpose of the site (a recommended service provider directory) - and who are also interested in buying some of the goods I have on offer.

What process should I be following?

What should my priorities be?
imagefree
Code:

My site is now coming along reasonably well - the structure is reasonably stable and, I think, it's time to let the world outside Frihost know it exists.

My understanding, having read one of the threads here, is that metatags are not used by Google. If this is the case I probably shouldn't waste time setting them up.

My definition of a successful rollout would be that the search engines start to find the site, and give it a high ranking, as quickly and accurately as possible thus attracting customers who are interested in supporting the primary purpose of the site (a recommended service provider directory) - and who are also interested in buying some of the goods I have on offer.

What process should I be following?

What should my priorities be?

You said adding keywords is useless. ( you might have read my post in another thread). I say no. What if you dont have any text content on a page ??? Keywords help.
What if you have visiters from a non famous search engine? Keywords help again.

Google doesnt search the sites and then rank them when a user searchs. Actually all major search engines update their database after a certain time and then when a visitor enters a quiery, it just searches the database. Here is the proof. The link below is chached link of my site's contact page that is still available on google.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:t31s4hYVxAUJ:www.imagefree.frih.net/contact.html+imagefree&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=pk

the actual contact page that i uploaded 3-4 days back is here

http://www.imagefree.frih.net/contact.html

i deleted some links but they still exist on google.
imagefree
If you are looking to get heavy treffic to your site, first fill your site with attractive contents and then analyse weather such contents can cause a visitor to come again!

Make your design attractive and Clean and decent.

Make keywords that are more general and more demand among people and add into your meta tag.

Submit your site to most of big search engines.
(if you cant do this click here http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-73989.html )
(Submitting site to search engines give you result in 2-3 weeks)

Spread your site over the world in different forums, blogs etc.

Join a link exchange program (it is the best way to get place on first few pages of a search engine) but it costs you some links that you have to place on your site.

make it your sig in this forum, on many other forums and in your outgoing emails. Gesign attractive banners to put in signature (currently you have just text that doesnt attract.

Need more help?? I and the whole community is here.