FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email Config : MX record and passwor

burqe
Hello every one,

I searched for the solution as I thought some one might have posted that before. Below are my two problems.

1) My site is working fine at www.my-domain.com but my email is not working. Email are not coming to my-domain.com accounts. I made a subdomain mail.my-domain.com and set the destination directory to /mail. I also added mail.my-domain.com in MX records. It still does not work. Pease help how to set MX-records.

2) using squirellmail, how can a user change password. Of course, DA password cannot be given to all members of company.

Regards
Haris Mushtaq
silverdown
If you made admin account for your domain it the login name is admin@my-domain.com and not just admin. the only name you don't use @my-domain.com is the user-name to login to DA control panel. Each user also can have there own password.

Here is a site that I use when i need help , it is a Direct Admin help site.

http://www.site-helper.com/email.html

[EXAMPLE]

DA user name : buddybear

people send email to buddybear@my--domain.com

I login with only buddybear + mypassword

NOTE this below also applies to other emails you create.
If I gave a friend a name buddybearfriend he would need @my--domain.com in the user name to login with. Plus his own personal password.

HOPE THIS HELPS Smile
burqe
Thanks for reply, your post has many useful information.

In general, email operations are very easy and I have no problem in creating/editing/accessing accounts. There are only two problems.

1) MX record. I have set it to website IP and I hope it will start working in some time.

2) Change password problem. Of course, I can go in DirectAdmin and change a password there but how to give other users access to change thier passwords. It is not appropriate to ask them to come on my desk and then enter passwords in DirectAdmin. There should be some way they get change password option within thier webmail client. e.g. Sqirrelmail etc.

Regards
Haris Mushtaq