FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A sad day for the PSP

m-productions
Ok, I dont think this topic will get any replys, but I dont care.

A lot has happend for the psp this week, The biggest a 3.50 Downgrader. (what is this) this lets you downgrade the firmware of your psp to 1.5, the 1.5 FW is lets you play custom games on your psp.

Once downgraded people would install an OE firmware, these were the same as a the official ones, but they allowed you to still use homebrews and customize your psp, with custom icons, custom start up, and sounds. Just amazing items... however.. today a sad annoucment was made by the kind of homebrews and the creator of the OE Firmware.

Quote:

Bye, scene.

I've decided to cease OE development, and leave PSP scene.
The reasons are various.
One of them is the time it consumes, which i'm losing from other things.
The other is related to my security. I didn't like Sony menaces to PS3 hackers.
I think it is better to leave now rather than end paying the consequences.

This is by far a sad day for the psp.

to anyway who dosnt have a psp, or didnt know of OE and such, this will mean nothing (so I dont think this will mean much to anyone here) but just in case it did, this needed to be posted.
Kelcey
That sucks... I guess hackers finally got to him.
m-productions
It wasnt hackers, 1) He needed a life, 2) He didnt like what was happening to people trying to work with the ps3, so he quit before it got to nasty
aznhomieboi1689
Awww...that's kinda sad. Sad
m-productions
I have made the following site and place it on the main homebrew sites, might as well place it here too

http://www.thank-dark-alex.co.nr
ShawnKelfonne
Well, I suppose there's as good a reason as any not to upgrade past 3.50.
driftingfe3s
m-productions wrote:
It wasnt hackers, 1) He needed a life, 2) He didnt like what was happening to people trying to work with the ps3, so he quit before it got to nasty

I don't follow too much of the PS scene. What is happening to people tring to work with the ps3?
m-productions
driftingfe3s wrote:
m-productions wrote:

I don't follow too much of the PS scene. What is happening to people tring to work with the ps3?

I guess sony had a bad message for them, and scared a lot of them off, basically, they threatened to track them down and take them to court, which people think might have happened to dark_alex as well.
Patriot Players
Well, awesome as all the stuff was for the PSP, you do have to admit a lot of it was in violation of quite a few copyright laws. Im not going to say that Sony would have been in the right to sue him, tbh they probably would have been better off hiring him but what can you do.
m-productions
Patriot Players wrote:
Well, awesome as all the stuff was for the PSP, you do have to admit a lot of it was in violation of quite a few copyright laws. Im not going to say that Sony would have been in the right to sue him, tbh they probably would have been better off hiring him but what can you do.

well the OE firewarm itself wasnt, but the fact that he enabled ISO And Popstation wasn't really "illegal" either.. its the fact the people started to use them because they were their... so its all those people.. that got sony after him lol. And a lot of people bought the psp because of this guy. Just a normal psp has to be one of the lamest things.
vonboy
well, i don't have a psp, and i don't plan to get one anytime soon, so this doesn't consern me. i heard a rumor that they will release a psp redesign though.
m-productions
vonboy wrote:
well, i don't have a psp, and i don't plan to get one anytime soon, so this doesn't consern me. i heard a rumor that they will release a psp redesign though.

yep the psp 2, slimmer psp, with longer battery life. cant wait!
kicy
I wonder if the redesign will let you downgrade and play homebrew or someone else has to hack it again...
Osmodius
m-productions wrote:
Just a normal psp has to be one of the lamest things.

Very true. I guarantee you anyone who spends hard-earned money on a PSP and then doesn't mod it, regrets buying it.
m-productions
kicy wrote:
I wonder if the redesign will let you downgrade and play homebrew or someone else has to hack it again...

no, in fact, as of right now, it looks like its going to be unhackable for a long time.

but lucky for us all now, 3.51 m33 Custom firmware is now out!!! w00t.
MonikaJayne
My Boyfriend watches the game channel often and I seen the new PSP on there, they have different colors for it and they even have a starwars one! It seems neat but they may make it lighter, and have more battery power, but they still need to make the games better! So I am dissapointed about homebrew.
evilryu530
wow that really sucks, i've herad many good things about the brew, haven't witnessed it myself, can someone post up images of what they've done to their psp?
m-productions
Sure...(If i can remeber what i set the keys to for the Video plugin) [which is another great thing about homebrew, you can record your games and such just by hitting the volume button xD)

give me a min. (you you want hear is my custom opening.. it says "Your soul is mine"

ok here they are (I didnt want to record to long.. and i lowered the quality

Opening

XMB

Waves
spykE
Like he's the only person who could pull this off, new scriptkiddies will show up Razz.
djcaution
"no, in fact, as of right now, it looks like its going to be unhackable for a long time."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
that's what they always say. And someone usually finds a way in like a week!

and as if dark_alex is the only cat out there that can figure out psp hacking. If currently he is, then that's just cuz he did it so well that nobody else ever needed to...
mattchun
We got a PSP craze here in Shanghai, CHINA.
Fake
PsP, is just a time pass for me. Like a substitute for sitting infront of a computer, Not too much into customizing it
smithmcfarlandslattery
yeah hes smart, ditching all this before it got bad.
Yantaal
i recon in all honesty, the saddest day for the psp was the sad sad day it was first concieved
ExBuM
spykE wrote:
Like he's the only person who could pull this off, new scriptkiddies will show up Razz.
Like some random russian hackers. xD
brianfast
Its kindof wierd that there are these M33 guys who came in and seem to want to make money, then these LE guys who just release crap on a stick. I miss Dark Alex. At least there is the 1.5 custom extensions.
darkjustice
this was inevitable and on the cards for psp...sadly
toughtrio
Bad news for PSP lovers though, but I'm just absolutely baffled at this new video... http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/94306.html

Somebody just managed to play a backed-up PSX game on a PS3 through the newly found .TIF exploit.. This is the wrong place to post this, but I did'nt want to start a whole new thread on it.

Warm Regards,
x_runescape_x
wow sucks. i have a psp but havnt downgraded mine scared i might break it or stuf fit up.

so thanks for the heads up
hiquality
I have custom firmware on my psp.Custom firmware brings you new things like setting the processor speed to save battery life, homebrew ( IRShell is one of the best , google it around ) , the 4th level of brightness...and so on Smile
misterXY
isnt that a sign where people should pick up where he left off?
remember what happend to kaza?
closed that down, yes. but did people just stop?
now we have MILLIONS of files all over the world.
When they tried shutting down TPB(piratebay.org)
they did, yes. but now its bigger then ever and many more sites are around for torrents.
how about people pick this up and devlope some more? hey probably might come back into the scene if theres more people out there. yes, you may behead one or two people, but nothing can stop an determine army.
That's my two cents.

Also- this isn't a sad day for PSP, rather this is a sign of revolution but no, people would rather get someone elses hardwork then helping out. So stop crying and start hacking/programming! Twisted Evil