FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

On Target Graphic Designs

Ghost Rider103
I just recently got everything fully functional on my website, and wanted to get some feedback on it.

www.otgdesigns.net

Let me know what you guys think.

(Nevermind the code please, lol.)
scotty
Nice design.

There's a fairly noticeable spelling mistake, your banner should read:

"Direct the power of your company's image"

The font on your buttons is crap change it to something that looks more modern, smooth edges etc. Down the bottom half of the page it just doesn't look finished, it seems as though it should blend in or fade out with the background more than it does. Just my opinion, so by no means does it mean there is something wrong with your website it's just what I think!
freelanceCMS
thats a sweet looking site dude. Great Job
wylieconlon
Nice site! I would agree, though, the font on the buttons needs to change... and this is just a small change, but I'd like to see a better color scheme. The red and blue just contrast too much, and for a more professional look, I think it would be better to choose more neutral tones, with maybe one bright color to highlight the important things.
Ghost Rider103
Thanks for your imputs guys. And thanks for pointing out my spelling error Embarassed

Yeah, I have been trying to find a font that looks good with that nav bar, I guess I will keep trying to find a better one.

Yeah I will deffiniately change the blue on the buttons to something different, if you have any ideas for a different color, let me know.

Thanks for sticking to my questions and not going off track Smile
imagefree
wow a very very good design.
WallBase
lovley website i must say!!! Good colors, and good banners and logos!!

Great work!!! Wink Very Happy Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Thanks for all the comments.
Ghost Rider103
Any other suggestions from anyone else?
m-productions

Very cool, There are 2 things that i think could be fixed

1) I dont like how inside the main site, where the text is, is dark, and around it is that light grey (the same as the background) that should be the same color, or the text area color be even darker, and that area be the text area's color.

2) this one isnt as important to me as #1, but maybe make some kind of rollover effect for the button, might make it look kinda cool.
the6thfactor
m-productions wrote:

1) I dont like how inside the main site, where the text is, is dark, and around it is that light grey (the same as the background) that should be the same color, or the text area color be even darker, and that area be the text area's color.

2) this one isnt as important to me as #1, but maybe make some kind of rollover effect for the button, might make it look kinda cool.

/agree with #1

Great looking site though, I like the color choice
soulery
Wow. That is a very good looking website. It looks like It would be a major company site for like, Linux or Adobe. I wish I could design a site like that. Instead, I have to design everything in flash, and even then it's STILL a crappy site design.
Ghost Rider103
m-productions wrote:

Those are two very good ideas man.

I see what your saying about the text area, I actually thoguth about going a little darker, but I got sidetracked and just forgot about it. But I will try it out and see how it looks.

Great idea about the buttons too man, I am going to mess with both of your ideas a little.

Thanks for the comments on the site everyone Cool
f-spider
Looks very cool. Great job with it.

I don't know if it's just my computer or what, but it looks like theres no background images in between the different box (content and the right sidebar) which makes it kind of look odd.

But overall everything else looks cool, and good luck with it.

f-spider
GSIS
The right side box on the front page has nowhere near enough contrast between the background and the text. I had to select all of the text to read it. That's a big turn-off, for me, as you're offering a web design service and shouldn't be making such basic mistakes.

I've also noticed the same problem in some of the examples of your past work - although this may be attributable to your clients' requirements.
Ghost Rider103
@F-Spider, im not sure what your talking about you don't see a background image? The background image is just a shade of grey.

@GSIS, I am not entirely sure what your talking about either. I don't have any problems reading the text on the right sidebar. Is anyone else having any trouble with this? Maybe it is just the browser you are using? Or possibly your computer? I will look into changing the color, just so it works for eveyrone.

And yes, they want text and stuff in specific places, no matter what I say, some of them want it in that certain spot no matter how bad I think it looks, but hey I do what they ask me to do.
GSIS
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

@GSIS, I am not entirely sure what your talking about either. I don't have any problems reading the text on the right sidebar. Is anyone else having any trouble with this? Maybe it is just the browser you are using? Or possibly your computer? I will look into changing the color, just so it works for eveyrone.

And yes, they want text and stuff in specific places, no matter what I say, some of them want it in that certain spot no matter how bad I think it looks, but hey I do what they ask me to do.

Maybe it's my eyes (46 years old and fading fast) ... Laughing

Here's what I see on FireFox, followed by what I see on IE. If anything the screen prints are clearer than the originals. Hope these help!

Ghost Rider103
haha it must be your eyes Laughing . In those pics you sent, I hae no problem reading either of them.

Does anyone else?

And GSIS, do you have any font color suggestion that text could be? I might just switch it to white, like the main text, but to me it seems like that is too much white.

What do you think?
GSIS
Might be worth running it by the RNIB.

They have a web accessibility section that could be very useful to you. Another speciality to help you sell your services, perhaps?

GSIS shuffles off to write a reminder on his wall calendar. In big letters.

"Make appointment to see optician."

Anxious
Ghost Rider103
GSIS wrote:
Might be worth running it by the RNIB.

They have a web accessibility section that could be very useful to you. Another speciality to help you sell your services, perhaps?

GSIS shuffles off to write a reminder on his wall calendar. In big letters.

"Make appointment to see optician."

Anxious

Thanks, i'll check them out.

Get those eyes checked Laughing
SamiTheBerber
Site looks very nice, but the difference of colours should be higher on Information-section.
InsanePL
Simple and Clean, I Like the design except the top buttons, also You should set bottom margin to 0, because this empty space looks weird.
Ghost Rider103
InsanePL wrote:
Simple and Clean, I Like the design except the top buttons, also You should set bottom margin to 0, because this empty space looks weird.

Yeah, im going to start working on the buttons tomorrow, and hopefully I cna come up with something that fits it nicelt.

Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out aswell.

Keep the comments comming Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Ok, well I made some changed.

The reason I didn't have the text white on the right side bar, is because I just thought it was way too much.

So I tried to balance it out a little better, so everyone can read the text on the right, yet it is still balanced with black and white.

Let me know what you guys think of these changes.
GSIS
For me that is far, far better.

With the earlier version I'd have gone somewhere else in a heartbeat.

With this version I want to stay and have a look at your examples.

I'm certain the new version will attract more paying customers than the earlier one.
benjad
you yourself have mentioned the next step you need to take. Your artwork speaks for itself, and it is awesome...

But in your intro, you said don't look at the code.. so of course I did. Yahoo sitebuilder Embarassed table based layout Embarassed

I think you can do a little better. Consider the challenge thrown down.

Heres a place to start exploring: http://glish.com/css/7.asp
SamiTheBerber
The site looks now much better than before. The white text on gray background is much more readable than black text. You have two layers on black background. The inner one should be changed. The colour should be between black and gray, a very dark gray, but you should see the difference between it and black.

The navigation looks nice. How ever the blue rectancle is a bit smaller than red one. That isn't a huge thing, but it is visible if look closer. There is missed the active rectancle on two pages, Home and Order. You have used javascript to make this. I didn't see it at first because of NoScript plug-in on Firefox. However the navigation still works, but isn't so nice. There is posibility to make same kind of navigation with CSS and it is also easy to do. It is a bit of lighter and it loads faster.

You should validate your site (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.otgdesigns.net/). There are some mistakes, other are huge and other smaller. First of all you should add a doctype. You should use HTML 4.01 Transitional and later you could update it to XHTML 1.0 Transitional and after that to Strict. You should also fix the inside of head-tag. All script and style code should be in external files. There are many other errors, but you might be able to fix them alone.

This is all on this time.
imagefree
i think you have made your site in site builder. I have some of suggestions for u.

First if all dont use too many images. But if there is a need, use them as background images and try to use a smallest possible particle of an image.

YOu have changed the text colour, that good.

Define styles in header. I have seen that most of the styles are defined in tags. It makes the code unreadable.(actualy the code no longer remains clear). I think its done by site builder.

there are lots of useless comments in your code but its not a problem. You can get help on other topics in the w3c validation page.

visit: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.otgdesigns.net/

available for help
Ghost Rider103
Yeah I didn't like to blue too much either, but there really isn't any other color that looks any better. Maybe a different grey will work? I'll look for another color when I get some more time.

Yes, it was made in yahoo site builder, that explains the terrible code you see. Though instead of me editing the code, I just edit the site in site builder, so even though the code is messy, it really isn't that big of a problem for me.

I just added another logo if anyone wants to check it out.

Keep the comments comming, I need more ideas.
Ghost Rider103
Anyone else have any ideas?
benjad
something else to play with, but i'm not sure how it will work.

The space inside the main content that is not taken up by another div is the same black as the area outside the main content. This produces an odd hanging effect.

Maybe you could take the background image in the header, and make flow into a grey graphic behind the main content. Maybe take the burst in the header, and extend it down into a pattern below. This could be tough, because the borders fade towards the bottom too.

It just looks odd when the page background is the same as the inside background. See what you can do with it.

(Oh yeah, might want to trim a little off the header graphic.)
Ghost Rider103
That's not a bad idea at all.

Will deffiniately take some time and work, but I will look into it and see what I can come up with.

And why trim the header?
Ghost Rider103
I havn't really had any time to change much, but later tomorrow I will have some free time.

Anymore ideas?
Ghost Rider103
bump
{name here}
The main div isn't large enough - black space occupies the sides around the main content, even though it's inside the wrapper. It doesn't look right to me.
Ghost Rider103
{name here} wrote:
The main div isn't large enough - black space occupies the sides around the main content, even though it's inside the wrapper. It doesn't look right to me.

Any ideas on what I can put there?

Maybe a faint pattern, or just keep it all grey, and divide the text off with a 1px line or something?
JessieF
The layout is very cool! ^^ Great job on that.