FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Win 150 FriH$ - My Sound Teaser Competition.

Captain Fertile
This may appear a little complex when written down formally like this but it is really easy and fun to play once you try.

What to do:
1) Follow this link and listen to the exclusive .mp3 (file size 1.89mb) for this competition.

2) There are 15 intros to well known musical tracks on the .mp3 file.

3) I have indicated the beginning and ending of each track with special gunshots and ricochet sounds to help separate each track for you (you'll know 'em when you hear 'em).

4) Send me a Private Message when you have the track titles AND the artists. You should clearly indicate the track number, title and artist name for each track. You will get 1 point each for the correct title and the correct artist making a total of 30 possible points.

OR

Send me PM with as many as you think you might know.

Please remember to CLEARLY indicate all the information as stated above. A post on this thread to let me know you have PMed me may help in the event of any PMs going astray.

5) When I receive entries I will post stating how many points your entry got or if it got all 30 I will post that you have won and send the Frih$ to you right away.

6) An entrant can enter as many times as possible but may only enter again once I have posted on this thread stating the total points an entrant has attained. If you post before this your latest entry will be ignored.

7) NEW RULE! In the event of no-one getting all 30 after the competition has been running for a while the winner will be the first person who PMed me with the highest number of points.

The Rules:
1) My decision is final! Any errors on my part cannot be changed once a judging decision has been made.
2) The artists must be the artist on the version of the track I have placed on the .mp3 file. This may be the original artist in some cases but not always.
3) I will allow slight errors in title or artists as long as it is clear that you meant the correct answer.
4) Where more than one winning PM is received, the first PM received in my Inbox will be the outright winner.
5) The track intros may be any length, can be from any era and may be from just about ANY genre of music so a wide musical knowledge is a distinct advantage.
6) This is a fun competition so don’t take it too seriously.
7) While I live in the UK I have searched for tracks the majority of FriHost members should be able to work out, maybe with a little extra effort in some cases.

The Prize:
150 FriH$ for the first person to PM me with ALL the correct song titles and artists – all 30 points.

Notes:
This took me some effort and time to produce so any donations would be welcome for the next round(s) (if you all want one after this round) unless you would be willing to play for less FriH$ next time.

Please post on this thread any problems, feedback on prizes for the next round or just to state how difficult or easy you found the competition. The info would be very helpful in gauging tracks for any further rounds of the competition.

I hope you all enjoy it and have some fun – GOOD LUCK!
Urban
It's very hard Shocked I know most of those songs but I dunno who made them.. I will try again
truespeed
Good competition,i have eight for sure,but i think the eight i got most people will get also.
Captain Fertile
@truespeed
Well done you got 16 out of a possible 30, over 50% correct. Keep trying. Very Happy

@Urban
Its a tricky competition but certainly possible. I'm sure there are difficult and easy ones in there whichever side of the Atlantic you come from. Just give it a try.
m-productions
ive listened over 5 times.. dont know a single song... thats just not my style of music. =( i tryed xD
Captain Fertile
m-productions wrote:
ive listened over 5 times.. dont know a single song... thats just not my style of music. =( i tryed xD

I'm sorry to hear that. The competition may be aimed more at the older members of the forum plus I am kind of stuck in the 1980's where music is concerned but tried not to let that affect me too much when producing this.
McDucque
After Jotting them down... I definately without a doubt have 11.... 10 is bugging the hell out of me... and I've never heard 13 or 14. I'll give it a couple more listens but im about ready to give up =P
Captain Fertile
McDucque wrote:
After Jotting them down... I definately without a doubt have 11.... 10 is bugging the hell out of me... and I've never heard 13 or 14. I'll give it a couple more listens but im about ready to give up =P

I got your PM.

Wow! well done, you got 24 points. Good try indeed. In fact you got just about all the tunes I thought would be the toughest. So well done, if no-one gets all 30 points yours wikll be a tough score to beat.
Loghete
Wow, nice mix there. And I love these kinds of competitions. Though, I just know a few of these...
Captain Fertile
Loghete wrote:
Wow, nice mix there. And I love these kinds of competitions. Though, I just know a few of these...

Thanks, it took me a while to produce the .mp3 for the competition, but I don't mind if people like it and join in.

Dont worry about only knowing a few, if the is another round it could be anything in there. Just join in and have some fun.
applejunk
hmm..i would like to try but the website is down for maintenance. bummer xD
Captain Fertile
applejunk wrote:
hmm..i would like to try but the website is down for maintenance. bummer xD

Sorry to hear that. I've just tried it and it seems to be working fine now. Anyone else having problems getting the .mp3 file to work?
Captain Fertile
Anyone else like to enter this competition? If nobody else enters or expresses interest in the next few days I will award the prize to the person with the highest correct answers. Smile
McDucque
Awesome, I was just about to ask what was going on with this. Cause I'm still frustrated about the 3 songs I missed... I demand answers! =P
Captain Fertile
Well no more entries or interest in the competition so its time to announce the winner.

Congratulations and 150F$ to McDucque with a great score of 24 out of a possible 30!!!

Here are the answers:

1) Toby Keith - I love this Bar
2) BEP - Where is the Love?
3) Blondie - Atomic
4) Carl Douglas – Kung Fu Fighting
5) The Carpenters - On Top of the world
6) Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
7) Counting Crows – Big Yellow Taxi
8 ) Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Our House
9) Dead or Alive – You Spin Me Round
10) Elton John - Nikita
11) Guns N Roses - Paradise City
12) Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
13) Joe Satriani - Summer Song
14) Beth Orton - Central Reservation
15) Alan Jackson - Pop a top

Well done!!!

~COMPETITION CLOSED~
Animal
Captain Fertile wrote:
~COMPETITION CLOSED~

Congratulations to McDucque. I'll -close- this thread since the contest has been closed - feel free to PM any member of the Frihost team if you want the thread re-opened.