FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TurtleShell
So, my brother just went to see this movie and he said it was the scariest movie he'd seen in years. I've read decently good reviews--was wondering if anyone else has seen it. I LOVE scary movies, but find that most of them out there are disappointing--full of cheap tricks and gore, but not really smart movies. Is this one different? Is it worth it? Good/bad?
lethaltriad
From the previews its definately one of my have to watch flicks of the summer. I always found scary movies more entiving that other genres. I hope your brother is right though cuz it does look promising. When it does come out in Jamaica and I get a chance to watch it before you do i'll leave my impressions about it here.
ric05
I thought it was decent but the fact that all the scary parts were in a small hotel room didn't seem I guess... realistic. Even with that said it did scare the hell out of me at times.

Rating : 3/5 STARS
twisthigh
I really wanna see this movie, of course Samuel L. Jackson is in it, he's pretty much in everything, check out his IMDB page, nutzo!! Anyways, I'm glad your brother liked it, it gets me even more amped to see this now!
missdixy
I'm definitely going to see this soon. I've heard goo things from all my good and trust worthy movie critic friends. Very Happy
xbcd
after you watch like 20 scary american movies...... u've seen them all.
Blu_Spykz
xbcd wrote:

Exactly. This movie, whilst entertaining, follows the same pattern as EVERY other "ghost" film going (PATTERN, not necessarily PLOT)

This movie scared my girlfriend (I'll be honest...so did Lord Of The Rings in one place) but failed to move me. Maybe because I don't frequent hotel rooms as often as I'd like...

SHOULD have been scarier, and easily could have. The film was too similar to "Ghost Ship".
cavey
I got really claustrofobic of this movie. :/
John Cusack is one of my favorite actors, so I expected this movie to be good like f.eks. Identity. I got quite disappointed...
TurtleShell
Blu_Spykz wrote:
xbcd wrote:

Exactly. This movie, whilst entertaining, follows the same pattern as EVERY other "ghost" film going (PATTERN, not necessarily PLOT)

This movie scared my girlfriend (I'll be honest...so did Lord Of The Rings in one place) but failed to move me. Maybe because I don't frequent hotel rooms as often as I'd like...

SHOULD have been scarier, and easily could have. The film was too similar to "Ghost Ship".

I have to agree that most scary movies are the same. There are a handful of scary movies that stand out to me as actually good movies, but those movies are all just like the others...just the best out of the group.

However, when you say scary "american" movies, can you cite examples of films that are not american and therefore different? I'm curious.
crimson_aria
I got disappointed actually. it's okay i guess. i expected more.