FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

YouTube Video

YouTube is best way for Internet Video?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 26

viraj
Hi..

YouTube is now a days rocking with many ppl using it to view and upload videos. The videos on YouTube are viewable in normal browsers. I want to initate talk on the technology that goes behind YouTube.

All i knoe is that it uses a Flash Format for its video.

Can we discuss further on this topic?

Viraj
imagefree
youtube is good. I foud some amazing videos there but the quality is low.

I like Google Videos because google officially has software to download the videos.

(However at present Youtube and Google Video both are owned by google).
Chris24
The quality is real low, same thing goes for google. I tried to have one video hosted on there and it was so bad that I just couldn't really see what I was supposed to be viewing
nhuabo
Sometimes the quality is not the question.
You can find some very classic video on youtube,which I think is great.
I think Youtube can provide users to download videos at a very low price.
asianwannabe999
I agree with the low quality issue. I think someone should create a video hosting site that has video quality that is a little bit better than the quality that exists on google video, and that would make the videos watchable.
pll
asianwannabe999 wrote:
someone should create a video hosting site that has video quality that is a little bit better than the quality that exists on google video

The bandwith would be really high on these sites and it would cost a lot to host high quality videos.
I agree that the quality of the videos on google video and youtube is not really good but I think its reasonable.
Ratmaster
nhuabo wrote:
I think Youtube can provide users to download videos at a very low price.
That can be done on other sites, and that is kinda why I am not happy about it. I don't even know if those sites are legal, it says nothing about it on youtube.
snowboardalliance
I said no because it is not the best.
You Tube is great because you can find just about anything and it works on most browsers. Still, I have to complain about the low quality, although higher quality would take longer to download and use more resources.
viraj
Quality is the issue in YouTube

But I like asianwannabe999 suggestion of having a free site for high video...

Can we start up with a concept of sharing web spaces to host free online videos...

I sound bit unprofessional but i know u all we understand this concept.. we can use this forum to boost up this issue.. and i believe that we can cm up with a working soln...
Chris24
According to my cable provider if I were to get what they call their "boost" package, I can host my own site with no bandwidth limitations. As long as I am not hosting anything illegal, or infringe on copyrights I can do it. Now, I don't know if this is practical for me or not because the hard drive space issue is something I am not tackling for free, but I am sure there are other people out there who could probably get this going.

I just don't have the time to upkeep something like this, but it would be a nice resource to have.
InsanePL
I Think Youtube is currently the best video upload service and fast enough. you can design your own channel, post bulletins add to favourites, rate but they should add something like in metcafe Smile Money for video views if u`re the author of video.
orcaz
Youtube seems to be veri laggy at nite, and most of the videos are low quality.....
{name here}
The best way for internet video is compression programs and torrent files, IMO. This way higher quality video can be delivered, though half the content on Youtube doesn't deserve any higher quality than it gets.
Indyan
I dislike youtube because of the poor quality of videos. For testing I had uploaded the same video to youtube, dailymotion and veoh and found out veoh was the best and youtube was the worst in terms of quality.
But since its more popular youtube has a better collection of videos.

{name here} wrote:
The best way for internet video is compression programs and torrent files, IMO. This way higher quality video can be delivered, though half the content on Youtube doesn't deserve any higher quality than it gets.

Torrents have got nothing to do with video sizes. Its about the codec and the container.
TheGeek
stage6.com is much better IMHO. It uses the divx codec so I think it has better quality than YouTube.
Indyan
TheGeek wrote:
stage6.com is much better IMHO. It uses the divx codec so I think it has better quality than YouTube.

Yeah. But its much slower also. Not so good for people like me on 256kbps connection.but youtube's quality sucks. Its by far the worst. Veoh has the ideal ballance between quality and size.
Boffel
Well, perhaps it is bad quality, but I dont think you can find any bether sites with bether videos then www.youtube.com...

The only thing I hated (before) was that the school had so old mac computers, that if you played videos that was longer then 1 minute I couldnt play it.

But in other movie sites you could....

But that doesnt mather anymore, now the school get the latest macintosh so youtube is just best...
Chris24
Yeah, but some of us just need to have videos hosted and be able to be linked to via websites. If anyone can post one that will host a vid file and have good quality then please do so. I could really use a good one.... Crying or Very sad
{name here}
Indyan wrote:
I dislike youtube because of the poor quality of videos. For testing I had uploaded the same video to youtube, dailymotion and veoh and found out veoh was the best and youtube was the worst in terms of quality.
But since its more popular youtube has a better collection of videos.

{name here} wrote:

Torrents have got nothing to do with video sizes. Its about the codec and the container.

What I was getting at:
1. Compress the divx.
2. Pop it on a torrent tracker.
jordi
Youtube is very good Smile
BlueVD
youtube is good, but it ain't the best.
Google videos is sweet (a "sweet" ranking is better than good =P so Google vids are better imho than youtube).
But I tend to make my own videostreaming players when I'm required to do so. Otherwise, I use Imeem (http://imeem.com )
Med365
Hi

I think Youtube is good because there'are plenty of vids out of there of any type but I still prefer DailyMotion. DM is another popular video sharing site, there are a lot of vids, of any content you wish, just like youtube, and I prefer his look too Laughing

And I think quality is better at dailymotion Wink
kizarop
I heard that youtube will be closed because of breaking copyright rights by youtube users
traxion
kizarop wrote:
I heard that youtube will be closed because of breaking copyright rights by youtube users

LOL

they will be getting a new filter to check for any coppyright..

but all video sites got the same problem

way youtube

-eazy
-much of vids
- works on PS3:D
- everybody nows it
rayx
Youtube is one of the best videohost for broadcasting videos through internet. . . there is another videohost actually that I have discovered. . . you could try to browse this guys... >>> stage6.divx.com >>> try it!
Chris24
How is the quality of it when you link to it? similar to youtube or better?
Dean_The_Great
I like YouTube for ease of uploading, but I don't like that YouTube owns the video and can do with it whatever they want as soon as you've uploaded. For example, I create a short film and upload it to YouTube. If youtube wants to take it and sell it (because it became real popular or something) they could. That sucks. It's a cool way to get goofy videos and fun stuff out there, but I don't want to put anything I create up there... not if I want to keep it.
Chris24
Alright after some searching and testing on uplaoding and viewing through a bunch of sites I think I found one that is pretty darn good. The video output is much much better than youtube or most of the others I have checked. The use of it is free, you just have to register.....

The name of the site is putfile.com, after linking to one of my sites the loading of the page is quick as well. The only drawback is when you put the link on your page it will only go to their site. You can't make embed it on yours, at least I haven't figured it out yet..

Check it out I don't think you will be dissappointed other than that one drawback...
Indyan
Youtube is best interms of content but the quality of vids as well as interface is crappy.
costelino
youtube is good, but it ain't the best. why ....??? becouse of his low quality films
orcaz
kizarop wrote:

yea, they haf added some signature check software, and many of the illegal videos and movies seem to have disappeared!
Whong
orcaz wrote:
kizarop wrote:

yea, they haf added some signature check software, and many of the illegal videos and movies seem to have disappeared!

Yeah, many videos have disappeared from youtube which were copyrighted. Youtube is a good way to publish your work for the world. Very Happy
Chris24
Chris24 wrote:
Alright after some searching and testing on uplaoding and viewing through a bunch of sites I think I found one that is pretty darn good. The video output is much much better than youtube or most of the others I have checked. The use of it is free, you just have to register.....

The name of the site is putfile.com, after linking to one of my sites the loading of the page is quick as well. The only drawback is when you put the link on your page it will only go to their site. You can't make embed it on yours, at least I haven't figured it out yet..

Check it out I don't think you will be dissappointed other than that one drawback...

If anyone is interested putfile.com does allow you to embed video to your site, or what not. The quality is kick butt, and it loads quick. Highly recommended Laughing Very Happy
Med365
that's good ! I will remember it if I need to host a video Smile
viraj
I think youtube should provide a official download agent. As the videos on YouTube are not copyrihted it sould be able to download it and use it in our day 2 day use...

There are many sites which allows you to do this, but the credibility of it cannot be justified. They work well sometimes and not, the other.

It there is any small agent sort of software in YouTube it will be appreciated by all the community.

Viraj
dude_xyx
Youtube is great though quality of videos is bad.