FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Windows Network Works one way

Possum
Hi

I have two computers networked together.

Computer A can see the files in Computer B. But Computer B cant see the files in Computer A..

Any pointer please..

Cheers Possum..
otiscom
I would say one computer has 'Sharing' enabled and the other has not.

Simple file sharing can be achieved like this (WinXP)

Double-click My Computer on the desktop.
On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
Click the View tab, and then select the Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended) check box to turn on Simple File Sharing. (Clear this check box to turn off this feature.)

Let us know.
Animal
Also ensure that any firewalls running on each computer see the other as a "trusted" source. To do this, you need to add the local IP of each computer (for example, 192.168.0.2) to the list of trusted addresses on your software firewall. The procedure to do this will vary depending on your firewall software.
internetjobs
i have same problem.. i am using windows xp, all systems are in workgroup. if i connect to the other system it is automatically connecting to guest account. i cannot able to logon as administrator or other users. only connecting to guest.. it is disabled i cannot able to change
Possum
Thx

I can now share both ways. Zonealarm did cause some problems. So I turned it off.

Cheers Possum..
blueray
You could try to turn on the following port on the lan connection but
not the remote access connection.

tcp : 135, 137-138, 445
udp : 135, 137-138, 445
ChrisCh
Possum wrote:
I can now share both ways. Zonealarm did cause some problems. So I turned it off.

Instead of disabling your firewall, why not just make a new rule in the Advanced section that allows all traffic between that computer and your other one? That way your computer would work properly on the network, and your internet connection would still be protected. Very Happy
hack_man_
I have this problem on my network, I have got everything set up, restored all my shares, etc. and yet two computers on my network are completely invisible to each other...